Sorry, I know this don't belong in performance talk board
but,,, got this tonite. Not a very nice experience. Why
would it,,, right anyways I like it!!!

f_inscreenname
01-05-2017, 09:54 PM
ouch! :biggrin.:

SKnies
01-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Now all you gotta do is get some bolt cutters for those toe nails!

yeller
01-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Damn. I'd be pissed that they did it upside down. :)

Fishermanjm
01-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Bolt cutters,,, needa torch!!! The pic flips it around Yeller

Carl C
01-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Nice tat.

bertsboat
01-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Shows ignorance and stupidity. Wear it till you die. After that I would make a cool wallet. Keep my contact info please.....
People today have no identity. They get a tattoo and think that's the answer. Then they catch you looking, trying to figure out what is is, says or stands for. Then they are someone. Without it they think they are nothing. It will be there forever. And that's a long time. Next year cou will get a Cigarette. There's always the left foot....

bertsboat
01-07-2017, 09:33 AM
https://youtu.be/S2PVzqdyLv8

Bolt cutters,,, needa torch!!! The pic flips it around Yeller

Fishermanjm
01-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I never thought bout my ink like that Bert,
thanks Carl

tmdog
01-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Shows ignorance and stupidity. Wear it till you die. After that I would make a cool wallet. Keep my contact info please.....
People today have no identity. They get a tattoo and think that's the answer. Then they catch you looking, trying to figure out what is is, says or stands for. Then they are someone. Without it they think they are nothing. It will be there forever. And that's a long time. Next year cou will get a Cigarette. There's always the left foot....

My thoughts but you said it. All tats fade with age and the letters and words look foreign. How do you say Donzi in Arabic?:)

Carl C
01-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Tats can be removed with a laser. I had a Guns n Roses tat removed. The negative comments aren't called for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvyX4xUmpjQ

Morgan's Cloud
01-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Mind you , it's a helluva lot 'safer' than tattooing your girlfriend's name on your body .

And without a doubt this ought to be in the whatever you want to talk about forum .

bertsboat
01-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Gone, your wallet I mean. It's white now. Why would you get one taken off? They are permanent and much thought should be invested before you get one that will be there till your dead. And it was not meant to be a negative comment. It's an observation. My Grandfather had tattoos. He told me it was his biggest regret.

https://www.realself.com/Tattoo-removal/reviews

Tats can be removed with a laser. I had a Guns n Roses tat removed. The negative comments aren't called for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvyX4xUmpjQ

TBroccoli
01-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Fisherman - Thanks for sharing a picture of your tattoo. It shows your passion for Donzi Boats.

Bertsboat - Your "not meant to be a negative comment" turned into a more negative comment.

I don't want to stir anything up here, but was surprised about the way people reply to things that are important to others.

yeller
01-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Fisherman - Thanks for sharing a picture of your tattoo. It shows your passion for Donzi Boats.

Bertsboat - Your "not meant to be a negative comment" turned into a more negative comment.

I don't want to stir anything up here, but was surprised about the way people reply to things that are important to others.Agreed. Don't see how that comment could not be taken as negative.
Fisherman, you're a class act in responding so diplomatically. :yes:

Carl C
01-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Gone, your wallet I mean. It's white now. Why would you get one taken off? They are permanent and much thought should be invested before you get one that will be there till your dead. And it was not meant to be a negative comment. It's an observation. My Grandfather had tattoos. He told me it was his biggest regret.

https://www.realself.com/Tattoo-removal/reviews

Mine took 3 laser treatments and there is absolutely no sign of the tat left. Cost was not cheap. $900 total. Tats are no longer "forever".

Fishermanjm
01-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Ok, listen guyz. I didn't want this to go like it did.
My ink is mine, tons of thought went into it. I changed
my mind many many times. I put it on my foot cuz
i knew it was gonna kill. I got it an I am DONZI FOR LIFE!!!
besides my casholas are all goin into my classic. No other
boat for me. My 01 is it for me. I do have the old school Donzi
prop tat with some stuff I drew up with it on my shoulder. K Anywayz,,, I still can't lace
up my shoe on that foot... Donzi on!!!

chip w
01-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Art is about self expression. If it makes you happy good for you and well done. The same can be said about the boats that we love. There are a lot of people out there who don't understand our passion and what it does for us emotionally. So, if by extension, you put a Donzi tattoo on your foot or anywhere else I say good for you. you're proud of your passion and chances are it will mostly be other boaters that see it. I'm pretty sure that nobody in a board room or corporate office will ever know it's there. :beer:

gcarter
01-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Jim, I remained silent on your post. I haven't always, and I know my opinions in the past
could have made people defensive.
I come from a different generation and a different region of the country. When I was young,
tattoos were frowned on and the only folks that had them were drug dealers, thugs,
ex-cons, and a few WW-II veterans, but theirs were always discreet, and probably their
girl friends name.
IOW, they were to be avoided at all costs. No one wanted to present a connection to folks
that had them.
Today, I don't understand the allure of artwork you wear the rest of your life. When I see
a pretty girl w/ink all over her arms, the first thing that comes to mind is a beautiful
mansion that has been defaced w/graffiti.

01-11-2017, 07:38 AM
Tattoos aren't a big deal, anyone can get one. You don't have to be some sort of maniac that enjoys pain or being a non conformist to do it. I assume that everyone gets them for different reasons, kind of like that lion and dolphin sticker on the side of my boat.

Does anyone reading happen to know what that lion and dolphin are all about anyway?

tmdog
01-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Never thought of it until you mentioned. I'll take a stab at it. Lion, king of beast, large and powerful. Dolphin, sleek shape and fast. Probably one of the fastest in the water. In today's age of boats I suspect the Skater would have a emblem with a SR-71 on it.:)

Ghost
01-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Tattoos aren't a big deal, anyone can get one. You don't have to be some sort of maniac that enjoys pain or being a non conformist to do it. I assume that everyone gets them for different reasons, kind of like that lion and dolphin sticker on the side of my boat.

Does anyone reading happen to know what that lion and dolphin are all about anyway?

I believe the Chisholms came up with it after some dispute over the prop logo. Some threads around here on it. Rumor is it was inspired by the coat of arms of Dunkirk, France. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk

There have been speculative discussions about the MEANING, but to me the symbolism is obvious. The two key components to offshore are the the boat (dolphin) and the driver (lion). If it wasn't intended to represent that, it should have. ;)

01-11-2017, 01:08 PM
That's really cool, I'm glad that I asked. Thanks for sharing.