PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Tots Run - Dec. 10th weekend - Palatka,FL

chip w
10-18-2016, 10:28 AM
There is a Toys for Tots run taking place on the weekend of December 10th at the Crystal Cove Resort in Palatka, FL. Here's a link to the event thread on OSO:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/339952-2016-toy-run.html

George, do you do this event? Seems like it's close to you. We're coming up for it and I'd love to see your boat!

chip w
12-08-2016, 10:49 AM
We're loaded up and ready to head out tomorrow morning around 6:00. Weather this weekend is clear but chilly! High tomorrow in Palatka of 56! I'll be the guy with the hat and facemask to keep warm. :)

gcarter
12-08-2016, 04:43 PM
I hope you have fun.
Those runs are a good time.

Pat McPherson
12-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Engines make more power when it's cool out:)

chip w
12-12-2016, 09:04 AM
It was a really great weekend. One other 18 Classic and four or five ZX's and a couple of ZF's along with an assortment of Formula's, Hussler, Warlock, etc. The people were great and the runs on Friday and Saturday were great, about 50 miles or so each day. The weather was a little over 50 on Friday and around 60 on Saturday and windy. I've got some recorded runs on the GoPro that I have to edit. I had it attached to the left side in the back facing forward, extended a little off the side. I was pleasantly surprised that the suction cup holds tight even when healed over and the camera dunks in the water! :)

FitchPowerboatServices
12-12-2016, 07:28 PM
As chip already stated it was cool and windy on Friday and Saturday. Sunday was absolutely beautiful !! A few boats were running south again down to a spring in lake George to go swimming. We're Floridians and it was still a little chilly for a swim so we made the run north to Jacksonville. It was about 50 miles each way.

FitchPowerboatServices
12-12-2016, 07:34 PM
A few more pics from this weekend

chip w
12-13-2016, 08:51 AM
I missed that last one during the run! LOL!

Your Warlock looks great on the water. It really was handling the waves well on Saturday!