PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for 16 Classic

Turbochad
10-15-2016, 10:06 PM
I am in Colorado so I am in the middle between the west coast steel trailer mfrs and the /mid west/east coast alum trailer mfrs. I want a tandem axle trailer with torsion axles because I tow 3+ hours for water and I load the boat up with all our stuff, and frankly because I exceed the speed limit. I have never trusted single axle trailers and this year had a hub failure that scared the crap out of us and we had to leave the boat on the side of the road overnight. None of my tandem torsion trailers have ever needed to be left on the side of the road.

What does an alum tandem cost new and who is the best mfr to deal with for our boats? I have tried to contact Eagle about a steel trailer but their dealer network is crap here. Thanks for the thoughts.

Chad

Turbochad
10-15-2016, 10:11 PM
Currently I have an American trailer. C channel steel. Not very confidence inspiring. It has cancer and needs sandblast and paint at a minimum. Have considered making it tandem but it is not the best trailer to begin with and I don't want to sink a bunch of money into what will still be a turd.

CanadianEhTeam
10-16-2016, 08:29 AM
I've got a Loadrite 5star series trailer that matches your spec for my 22. Purchased last year, in Canada it was CAD$4600+tax.

mattyboy
10-16-2016, 09:49 AM
I have had performance trailers ( lake george area NY) under my Donzi my 16 had an overkill tandem built for the boat fit like a glove towed great it was built before brakes were mandated on tandems probably not practical for you they would need the boat but I bet you could find a custom trailer maker closer to you