PDA

View Full Version : zieger steering help

craigdskilling
10-13-2016, 07:14 PM
I just got a full dual ram and rear cap for my Blackhawk drive anyone know the measurement from the bellhousing to the out side of the ram mounting bracket is it 6' 5/8 the same as a bravo.thanks craig

yeller
10-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Not clear on what measurement you are looking for. Can you post a pic of what you want measured? I'll be going to my boat tomorrow and can get any measurement you need for the Bravo or BH.

craigdskilling
10-14-2016, 03:47 PM
If you go to cpperformance they have a diagram that might describe what I mean if you don't mind.

Ghost
10-14-2016, 03:50 PM
link?

craigdskilling
10-14-2016, 04:12 PM
http://images.cpperformance.net/images/zeigersteeringholes.jpg

I think this is it

yeller
10-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Now I understand. So I was still using my Bravo when I installed my system and when I switched to the BH, everything bolted up and worked the same.

That being said, I did not use the measurements that CP Perfomance supplied me. What I did was lower my drive to the neutral position (i.e. cavitation plate was parallel with the bottom of the boat. I adjusted my trailer jack until the bottom of the boat was level, then adjusted the drive until the cavitation plate was level). You will have to work off the prop shaft with the BH, as the cav plate isn't parallel to the shaft, like it is on a Bravo.

After that, I installed the wingplate/end cap, bolted on the rams and installed the transom mounts to the other end of the rams. With the rams set exactly in their center position (half way in/out), I raised the rams to the transom and marked the position of where the mounts would go.

Doing it this way, I was 100% sure I had the right spacing, instead of "hoping" CP had supplied the correct measurements.

Hope that helps.

Carl C
10-14-2016, 05:23 PM
Isn't the gimble the same with Bravo or Blackhawk?

craigdskilling
10-15-2016, 06:37 AM
Yeller could you still get me a measurement for me for reference

yeller
10-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Isn't the gimble the same with Bravo or Blackhawk?Yes, they are.

Yeller could you still get me a measurement for me for referenceWill do. Not going to the boat today though. Should be there tomorrow. My measurements will probably be different than yours, as I have a different system and the rams are longer than what normally came in the kit.

yeller
10-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Here's a pic.

Mount is about 7.5" out.
Angle of pic is a bit off, but center of ram bolt is a hair over 9".