PDA

View Full Version : 1974 gt

chip w
10-11-2016, 10:19 AM
I found this on Craigslist this morning in Sarasota. $3,900. The interior isn't original but the pics look OK. Could be a scam, i have no idea but it doesn't read like one.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/5814285124.html

Just Say N20
10-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Looks legit. I did a quick search of craigslist ads. Normally fraudulent ads are repeated in multiple cities around the country. This did not show up like that.

Looks like a very good buy.

olredalert
10-11-2016, 12:30 PM
----I think this GT21 was once owned by a guy with a low amount of scruples in Florida. It might not be owned by him but it would pay to find out. Get the guys name and E-mail to me and Ill know (Address is redalertfourfoureightone@Comcast.net. spelled numbers are not spelled) Don't want to throw anyone under the bus at this point. Also,,,absolutely have a survey done, even at this price. You wont regret it.......Bill S

chip w
10-11-2016, 02:42 PM
I've texted with the seller this afternoon. He sent pics of the motor and bilge. Also said he would send me the previous owners phone number to talk to him about the history. He hasn't sent that yet. I'll pass along any info I get.

Any thoughts on the 21 GT? Is it worth selling my 18 to get something like this if it checks out? Or should I just be talking to Pat about his 22?

johnnywhale
10-11-2016, 06:08 PM
They are definitely less on the edge fun than an 18, a good bit slower, a lot drier and better in rough water. My kids like my GT21, I like my buddy's 18. Depends on what you want out of your Donzi. I have no idea compared to a 22.

Pat McPherson
10-12-2016, 08:04 AM
That seems like a good deal if the hull is sound.
I highly doubt it will top out "in 60s" with a small block and old Volvo drive. My 75 18' toped out at like 62 with 320HP and Volvo 280.
In my opinion this boat is apples to oranges with a 22' with big block and modern drive.

chip w
10-12-2016, 10:06 AM
That seems like a good deal if the hull is sound.
I highly doubt it will top out "in 60s" with a small block and old Volvo drive. My 75 18' toped out at like 62 with 320HP and Volvo 280.
In my opinion this boat is apples to oranges with a 22' with big block and modern drive.

He texted me some pictures of the hull and bilge/motor. If it were in my garage it would need a complete overhaul. The hull looks like it has a lot of marring and the motor and bilge are best kept covered. Not very nice to look at. I'd assume that it needs manifolds, risers, etc. just to start. Or a bigger motor.

After doing the '69 16 that we did and all of the work that went into our current 18, the next boat will be something that is ready to go, not a restoration. The 18 runs great right now. No need to go backwards again!

CMC319
10-13-2016, 07:28 AM
He has that boat listed on THT.... I suggested he post it here. If I remember correctly he took it in on trade and just wants to move it.

chip w
10-13-2016, 08:19 AM
He has that boat listed on THT.... I suggested he post it here. If I remember correctly he took it in on trade and just wants to move it.

He mentioned something like that. Said he also bought a bigger boat and has 5 boats already and 3 have to go.