PDA

View Full Version : Water pump for 2000 18 Classic 350 Mag MPI

Capevettes
10-03-2016, 08:21 AM
Well my daily morning run did not go well this morning. The water pump blew. Limped in to the dock. Now I need a water pump. I looked at Donzi Direct and saw nothing.

Where is the best place to find a water pump for this boat? Is it a generic I might find locally? 2000 Classic 18 350 Mag MPI.

Thanks, Paul

mattyboy
10-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Not a Donzi part look for Mercruiser parts try www.ebasicpower.com (http://www.ebasicpower.com) I think you are up in New England area Doug Russell marine may also be a source any merc dealer should be able to get it

Capevettes
10-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Thanks Matty. I appreciate it. Looks like they have the right one at a good price. Should be fun changing it :boggled: Might as well get the serpentine belt and hoses while I'm at it.

CHACHI
10-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Is there much season left up there?

Is it better to wait until the spring?

Thinking out loud.

Ken

Capevettes
10-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Is there much season left up there?

Is it better to wait until the spring?

Thinking out loud.

Ken

Not much season left but I limped back to my backyard boat lift this AM when it blew. Has to be done on the lift so I can get it out of the water. The ramp is on the other side of the lake.

Capevettes
10-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Not a Donzi part look for Mercruiser parts try www.ebasicpower.com (http://www.ebasicpower.com) I think you are up in New England area Doug Russell marine may also be a source any merc dealer should be able to get it

Ordered it today from Basic Power in N Carolina. $59.00. Great price. My local Boatyard wanted $159 plus Mass Tax!!!! I will have it in 3 days.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get another week of boating in once I get it installed.

mattyboy
10-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Glad it worked out I use ebasic all the time good prices good products

Capevettes
10-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Installed the water pump yesterday. Took about an hour. Back out waking up the neighbors at sunrise this morning :). One more week of boating before the boat and dock comes out. Boy these boats sound nice :biggrin.: