PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Crocker RIP

smidgen too
09-23-2016, 09:52 AM
I was informed by Ralph's wife Mary last night that Ralph past away September 6. Ralph had a very stressful summer as his beloved Magnum Maltese sank on Lake St Clair with him & Mary on-board, than the fight to get it back from a towboat company that laid claim to it would put anybody over the edge. Ralph still had his red 18' Donzi that he was finally finishing up with a crazy smallblock engine he was building, as Mary told me it was almost done but unfortunately he never was able to run it. Ralph told me from his hospital bed that that Donzi was keeping his spirits up from a summer he would never forget. I believe his son's will finish these projects up & make Ralph's dream Donzi come to life.

Ghost
09-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Wow, very sad news. His family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers. He and Drew were great company at AOTH. We are all poorer for his passing.

mattyboy
09-23-2016, 10:08 AM
sorry to hear that condolences to his family and friends

Carl C
09-23-2016, 06:43 PM
So sorry to hear this.

Greg Guimond
09-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Godspeed Ralph :frown:

gcarter
09-24-2016, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear about this.

yeller
09-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Sad to hear. Condolences to the family.

Ed Donnelly
09-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Prayers sent

JimG
09-24-2016, 02:50 PM
So sorry...

roadtrip se
09-25-2016, 11:13 AM
Sorry to see this...

I met up with Ralph a few times, when he was just starting to get into performance boats. One thing that I took away from these meets, was his enthusiasm and all-in attitude for whatever he wanted to do. It was infectious.

He will be missed.

Just Say N20
09-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Prayers sent. Very sorry to hear this. He was always fun to talk boat shop with, and very willing to help.

scippy
09-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Ralph reached out to me about a month or so ago, his concern was about replacing the engine hatch cover after the tow company
lost it on the salvage of his boat.......I couldn't believe the story he told me. They took ownership of his Magnum after the partial
sinking and would only release it after he paid them excess of 13K or some crazy number like that.....I think he was going to do it.
He wanted me to fabricate a new engine hatch............I would have done it, but he never followed up....What a sad thing to hear
about Ralph............As far as I'm concerned, that tow co. and it's owner should burn in hell for what they did to ralph..pretty much
robbed and killed the poor man................heartbreaking to here this!