PDA

View Full Version : Any value in a used Steel Trailer

fegettes
08-17-2016, 03:45 PM
I am considering buying an aluminum trailer for my 22' Hornet. What to do with the steel trailer? Is there a market for selling this trailer? It is a beautiful trailer.

Carl C
08-17-2016, 05:49 PM
Up here around the Great Lakes there should be. If only it was yellow ...

gcarter
08-17-2016, 06:00 PM
Priced correctly, there is a market. I believe it will sell quickly to the owner
of a medium sized fish boat.

CHACHI
08-17-2016, 08:23 PM
That trailer looks like it was built for your Hornet, the bunk brackets are welded and do not look adjustable.

Ken

woobs
08-17-2016, 09:19 PM
If that is a current picture... a steel tandem trailer like that is worth real good $ in our neck of the woods (Toronto, Canada). Without an inspection, I'd say around $ 3,000+ (of course in CAD).

Ghost
08-17-2016, 10:21 PM
That trailer looks like it was built for your Hornet, the bunk brackets are welded and do not look adjustable.

Ken

Had the same thought. I suppose the keel bunks could be pretty universal, but it seems a new owner might need to cut the upper bunks off and set up adjustables. May I ask why you wouldn't keep it? Salt I presume?

Makes ya want to strip the parts off, dip it in a paint stripper and then hot dip galvanize the whole thing and re-assemble.

fegettes
08-18-2016, 10:14 AM
I am on the Gulf coast and I refuse to dip it in the salt, or brackish water. This is too nice of a trailer to dip it in the salt. Either I get an aluminum trailer, or only travel to the fresh water lakes to use the boat.

Steve