PDA

View Full Version : Corn Hole board

mattyboy
08-05-2016, 01:12 PM
I have just completed a corn hole ( bean toss) board project and i am now going to bling out the boards. the board will be decorated in a Donzi theme, all white with a Christina blue stripe up the center . I have the black and white old DONZI logo and the USA and Union Jack . The question is due to the width of the board they won't lay out like they do on the side of the boat The USA and the Union jack need to go either above the Donzi or below the Donzi

The donzi will be centered as a target below the hole and the two pennants will go to the right and left of the stripe either above or below the donzi

looking for thoughts on which would look better

Ghost
08-05-2016, 02:29 PM
So, I know it wasn't on the list, but I'd arrange them as they appear on the boats, running up the longer edge of each board on the left side as you throw.

FWIW. :)

jl1962
08-05-2016, 02:40 PM
So, I know it wasn't on the list, but I'd arrange them as they appear on the boats, running up the longer edge of each board on the left side as you throw.

FWIW. :)

+1

Maybe make the "O" in Donzi the hole......

From low to high: US/UK/Donzi logo

Ghost
08-05-2016, 05:19 PM
+1

Maybe make the "O" in Donzi the hole......

From low to high: US/UK/Donzi logo

I was thinking US/UK/DONZI running uphill along the left edge on the white, not up the blue center stripe, although the other is interesting.

mattyboy
08-05-2016, 07:25 PM
I thought about the O in donzi but it is not centered interesting thought Ghost once the stripe is set I will layout the decals and take pics

mattyboy
08-07-2016, 08:52 AM
ok stripe is done I am know thinking maybe I should have done one board white and blue and the other white and red I have red and blue bean bags.

the blue dried a bit lighter than I wanted but happy with it so what do we think about decal layout?

I am leaning towards the 2nd one Donzi as a targeting que and even though it is not Old Glory I hear my Father's voice Major Joe Veth saying the USA better be up and to the left.

Just Say N20
08-07-2016, 11:05 AM
I like 2 as well, but I also like 3. Probably would pick 2.

jl1962
08-07-2016, 04:32 PM
2 or 3.

Make the bean bags look like little 5 gallon jugs!

mattyboy
08-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the in put here is the final product will get a few coats of clear before play

Ghost
08-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Nice, good call!

Tony
08-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Matty, those look great!
I know your bags are done, but here is a neat tip I learned after my son-in-law made me a set for Father's Day one year.

When you use real feed-corn kernels, sewn into a canvas bag, a light dusting of powder works through the canvas - effectively waxing the boards during use. It's a fine powder, not obnoxious, and is a neat touch to a set of boards with a good poly finish. The bags hit and slide with excellent consistency, it's really an interesting thing to see.

Jay, and Matty, I sure do miss being a Donzi owner and hanging out on this site. The renovations I'm doing lately are vintage (70's, 80's) road bicycles. Riding them is good for my fitness level...but it just can't compare with the sound, speed, and thrill of a owning a Donzi!

jl1962
08-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Tony -

Always good to see you posting.
Hope all is well. We're up to the lake on Saturday for two weeks and then back for the Picnic in September.
You'd be more than welcome.

Show us some bike pictures!

Matty - the finished product looks awesome. Did I mention my daughter and her friends built a trebuchet for Corn Hole - once it is zeroed in, they are unbeatable.

Tony
08-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Tony -

Always good to see you posting.
Hope all is well. We're up to the lake on Saturday for two weeks and then back for the Picnic in September.
You'd be more than welcome.

Show us some bike pictures!

Matty - the finished product looks awesome. Did I mention my daughter and her friends built a trebuchet for Corn Hole - once it is zeroed in, they are unbeatable.

Jay, thanks for the invite! This fall is busy already, with a wedding in the Upper Peninsula (Marquette), and then a post-Labor Day camping trip to Petoskey and Mackinaw Island. But...in the fall of 2017 we are heading out to Kittery, ME, to visit a cousin. We're planning to pass through the Thousand Islands, hoping the Chachi's are available - and it would be great to finally see you, your family, and of course your Donzi.

Really funny that your daughter engineers an accurate trebuchet for corn hole! It's obvious that her engaging parents and challenging OM background follows her always. What's also funny is that years ago I bought a set of plans and built a trebuchet for my 6th grade classroom. The students, and I, had a ball with it, chucking (appropriately!) an 1 1/2" rubber eraser. I'd have a volunteer stand in a certain spot, hold up their hand just so, and I'd hit their hand dead-on just about every time.

I've got two bikes in MI, two in FL, and one in VA where the grandkids are.
1973 Schwinn Super Sport, 1992 Schwinn Crosscut, 1985 Shogun 500, 1987 Centurion Ironman Master, 1992 Koga Miyata Exerciser.

CHACHI
08-09-2016, 05:46 AM
Tony, glad to see you are still lurking.

I had a Schwinn Varsity that I loaned to my cousins girlfriend...it was stolen..life I guess.

The Chachi's are here next summer, just let me know when.

We would love to see both you and Cherie (sp) again.

Ken

Tony
08-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Thanks, Ken, I will call you for sure. We're still hopping around from MI to FL, with frequent visits to VA (grandkids!) and Seattle, where my son and wife live. So, sometimes it's hard to plan trips that don't involve those destinations.

It's probably fortunate that Varsity was stolen, most refer to bikes of that ilk as boat anchors. Heavier than hell but, on the positive side, durable. I look for middle to upper end chrome-moly frames, the lighter the better, with high-quality tubing and components. Disassemble, clean, lube, polish, new consumables, and voila...a sweet-riding road bike for way less than the new stuff. There's a bikeforums sub-forum called Classic & Vintage, and those guys repeatedly tout steel is real. Aluminum and carbon frames actually have a shelf life, while a maintained alloy frame does not.

Say hi to Terri!

jl1962
08-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Cool bikes.
I like the Super Sport.

Always wanted a Schwinn Sting Ray when I was a kid.
Fortunately, I'm still about the same size!

Tony - PM sent.