PDA

View Full Version : Older 22 Classic Front Seat Mounting Advice

donzidon
07-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Hi Guys -
I have a 1984 22 Classic. Scot's old boat.
I have been trying to update the seats with a new interior from Donzi Direct.
However, I can't figure out how to mount the front seats.
The old sliders are rusted solid and don't fit the attachment points on the new seats.
I bought the aluminum sliders from Donzi Direct, but the holes on the mounting pad are too wide for the fiberglass pedestals on my boat. I would appreciate any advice from others who have faced and addressed this issue.
I don't want to drill any more holes, but that may be the only answer.
Thanks in advance,
Don

gcarter
07-13-2016, 09:12 PM
Don't worry about drilling holes. There are holes everywhere in the boat already.
Take a look at:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?33784-New-Bucket-Seat-Mounts&p=272040#post272040

This is a great way to mount your new sliders and gives additional access to the bilge.
Don't worry about the large hole it's located in the neutral axis of the top of the pedestal.

chip w
07-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Don't worry about drilling holes. There are holes everywhere in the boat already.
Take a look at:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?33784-New-Bucket-Seat-Mounts&p=272040#post272040

This is a great way to mount your new sliders and gives additional access to the bilge.
Don't worry about the large hole it's located in the neutral axis of the top of the pedestal.

Last year I used the method described in the link that George posted it everything turned out great. I think I spent more time trying to figure out another way to do it than I did following this suggestion. Everything was straight forward.

The next step will be to replace the interior. I was going to do that this summer bought I bought another truck instead.

gcarter
07-18-2016, 07:18 AM
I hate it when folks ask questions, get several responses, and then never reply!
Almost rude.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-18-2016, 11:16 AM
I hate it when folks ask questions, get several responses, and then never reply!
Almost rude.

Yes, a simple acknowledgment would be enough or a "thank you" would be even better.

donzidon
07-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Sorry for not replying sooner.
I got very busy with this and other projects (head gasket in the car, among others) and a trip and I forgot to thank you for your advice.

Running out of time, I had to flip the top part of the seat slide over and bolt it to the column upside down. So, no adjustable seats this year, but at least I will be on the water I hope.

I very much appreciate the help and advice I have received on this forum.
regards,
Don