PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Lake Gerorge Donzi Classic Club Dust-Off

Scott Pearson
04-10-2016, 07:01 AM
21st Annual Spring Dust-off

Date: 6/17/2016
Time: 12:30:00 PM - 2:30:00 PM

Our 21st Annual Spring Dust-off June 17th-19th 2016

The Club will hold it's annual show and cruise on Father's day weekend June 17th-19th 2016.

Our host venue will be Twin bay Village in Bolton Landing.

Make sure when you make your reservations to notify them you are in the Donzi group .

The Agenda

The Club is happy to announce the agenda for our 21st annual Dustoff weekend June 17th to 19th 2016. This event is often imitated but never duplicated, it is the longest running Donzi Classic only event in the world. The boat shows features some of the best Donzi Classics on the planet.

The cruise will cover the entire lake . At selected areas on the cruise, your crew will be given a chance to take a few photographs that will be shared at the awards dinner.

Awards for the show will be given out in the following categories:

•People’s Choice: presented to the boat selected by the people at the show as their favorite
•Vintage Classic: presented to the oldest boat at the show
•Heritage Classic: presented to the boat in the best original condition.
•Renaissance Classic: presented to the best boat restoration.
•Sojourn Classic: presented to the boat that traveled the farthest to attend.
•Resto Mod Classic: presented to the classic with the best resto/modification.

The Club as always showcases the Donzi Classic, the Donzi family and beautiful Lake George. The format for this year’s regatta will be a cruise that covers the entire lake .There will be pace and sweep boats that will make the run an enjoyable and safe run. The routing will be reviewed at the drivers safety meeting. Please review our Safety Procedures.

Friday 7 PM Meet and Greet venue TBA

Saturday 8 AM Check In at The Algonquin for the annual Lake George Donzi Classic Boat Show and Lake Cruise (Coffee and Danish will be served) Boats must arrive at the docks no later than 8:30am to be entered in the show (Arrive with full gas tanks !!!!!)

Saturday 9:00 AM Driver Safety Meeting run in cooperation with the LGPC.

Saturday 9:30 AM Start of the Cruise.

Saturday 11:45 AM Return to the Algonquin and vote for your owners’ choice, have lunch and the rest of the afternoon free to cruise the Lake.

Saturday 6:30-7 PM Meet us at the Algonquin for a pre-dinner cocktail. (Please don’t bring boats back to the Algonquin docks that evening Twin Bay Village is a 2 minute walk)

Saturday 7-8 PM Dinner will be served

Saturday 8:15 - ? PM The Awards ceremony, raffle, trivia contest and Club auction will take place.

Sunday 10:30AM Full Lake cruise! , (Weather permitting), meeting place on the water to be determined, plus a stop for lunch and you’ll be back on your trailers by 3:30 PM.

As you can see we have a full weekend of events planned. And keeping with The Lake George Donzi Clubs tradition we will be having the awards dinner at the Algonquin Bar and Grill. Please get your tickets for dinner in advance by filling out the registration form and sending out a check to the club’s address.

THE DEALINE FOR REGISTRATION IS JUNE 1st 2016 , THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.

If you have any questions please contact us.

For reservations visit this link: Twin Bay Village....http://www.twinbayvillage.com/

For Registration Form: http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pdfs/reg.pdf

FOR THE SAFETY PROCEDURES: http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pdfs/safety.pdf

JParanee
04-11-2016, 08:27 PM
So how many boats attend ?

Pics from prior years ?

thx

jl1962
04-12-2016, 08:26 AM
Hi JP-

This will be my 11th Dust-Off. My boat lives on LG so it's easy for me to attend!

Last year we had 20-25 boats participate which is fairly typical. One year we over 30 (almost too many to manage) and one rainy year we had high teens.

The event mainly attracts older, rarer, original and restored classic Donzis. I have learned a ton about the marque and gained an even greater appreciation of my two boats. And I've made a lot of good friends.

Although I generally tell people to stay far, far away from LG (more unspoiled boating for ME!), it is likely one of the prettiest bodies of water you will ever see.

Here are a few of my pics from last year and one of my old Ski Sporter. Many more on the club's FB page.

Scott Pearson
04-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Everyone.please note that due to circumstances beyond our control the plans for this years dustoff have changed. Twin bay village has closed without warning. We found out yesterday.

Please bear with us as we try to work out our options in the limited time left. We will keep you all posted thank you for your patience.

Inferno
04-24-2016, 04:32 PM
Hope you get things worked out as she was so nice at the hotel..took my cc the day before . ??????? . I'm planning a trip for my boat to make the rounds the month of June and planning on running at Whinny. Then on to Conn. to run a few runs with the boys from LI . The boat has been completely torn apart with a new bottom,new drive and a new motor ,so were excited to do some runs before heading to Loto.

Scott Pearson
04-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Dust-Off Update!!! Ok everyone...we are good to go! We have three places next to each other with dock space and rooms. Please give Capri Village a call at 518-668-4829 http://www.caprivillage.com/ (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caprivillage.com%2F&h=FAQG6lNlvAQHR7qiTnXEw2QKYlKbSKRkRaF5cNJoscirNJw&enc=AZOMLNC85m_1GgG4_SOg42Ip7jXHPnms6tygloVhoCpxak 7a6bx-vVx-6WF6yiCCyN9bw2fwghyv3TLUGi0zKzq1KzvlNmGPTI3VoBw_Dr MMEnIf0PVkxa0pfkzw_-Glny-53Pao2AndFbxOiUOkDdVRXh7Zst2rT-rhJ1tvJPvp8TyQ-7PZmi2ZC5YEmXqhHlE&s=1) they have 13 rooms and 14 slips they are holding for us until May 18th. A few of us will be stayng at the Flamingo Resort as well http://www.flamingolakegeorge.com/. Not sure how much dock space they will have at this point but they do have rooms. They also said we can keep our boats at Beckleys if we need to since they rent dock space out. They have cottages as well. http://www.beckleysboats.com/ Once again...these are all next to each other and are in walking distance. Make you reservations early!

Looks like its going to be a great Turn out!!!

Scott Pearson
05-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Everyone,
Less then 3 weeks to get your registrations in. We need a head count. Sorry no last minute entrees as we will not be able to accommodate you with a short notice.

Thank You!

JParanee
05-05-2016, 11:46 PM
Just printed out the form filled it out and wrote a check for the wife and I and my two youngest kids

goes in mail in am

now just gotta get the wife to pick a hotel :)

Scott Pearson
05-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Great Thank you! All the hotels are right next to one another. The Capri had a lot of dock space left as well. Let me know if you run into any issues.

See you soon!!!

JParanee
05-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Great Thank you! All the hotels are right next to one another. The Capri had a lot of dock space left as well. Let me know if you run into any issues.

See you soon!!!

Thanks Scott

looking forward to meeting you all

she just booked our room at The Villas at Lake George

jl1962
05-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Ready!

Scott Pearson
05-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Everyone,
If you haven't done it already please get you registrations sent in for our event in June. We look forward to seeing everyone!

JParanee
05-28-2016, 05:40 PM
If everyone would like I can bring a video drone and get some great pics and videos of everyone's boat

jl1962
05-28-2016, 06:35 PM
That could be cool!

How fast can the drone fly?

Also - I will be up either Thursday afternoon or first thing Friday, if any first timers need any assistance - logistical or otherwise, let me know.

gcarter
05-28-2016, 08:11 PM
So, is there room for another red boat?

jl1962
05-29-2016, 06:30 PM
I'm pretty sure the lake is big enough.
:yes:

CHACHI
05-29-2016, 06:37 PM
George, I see that your wardrobe color has changed...

Ken

Scott Pearson
05-30-2016, 06:45 AM
If everyone would like I can bring a video drone and get some great pics and videos of everyone's boat

That would be amazing! Just to have it the morning on Saturday at the docks would be cool as hell. Thank you!

Scott Pearson
05-30-2016, 06:50 AM
Guys,
Looks like this is turning out to be a great year for the Dust-Off! So far we have 20 pre-registered boats and 45 people attending. This does not include the locals and last minute registrations that always come in.

Tammy and I will be there Thursday around noon if anyone needs anything. We well be staying at the Flamingo.

Thank you everyone!

Inferno
05-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Scott , Going to need the best masseuse as 20 hours of driving is not going to be fun . The boat has been completely redone for the 3rd time and we are looking foward to coming back to LG . PS and yes it has 4 mufflers on it ....... lol

Ed Donnelly
05-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Room for an oxygen bottle?

Scott Pearson
05-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Sounds good! I'm sure a few drinks will help everyone. Plus we should have some outstanding boats this years. The judging for the awards should be a tough one this year!

Getting the snaps in for the interior for the 14 and giving it a good detail!

mattyboy
06-02-2016, 11:26 AM
the registration deadline has passed but the calendar gives us a few extra days this year a final headcount needs to be given for the event venue by this Sat June 4th If you have not sent in a registration as of yet and plan on attending you MUST contact us by no later than Friday June 3rd

Last minute tips

remember your PFD's type III vest everyone who is in your boat needs to have one on during the run, if you are coming up and catching a ride bring your own PFD.

get your lake pass and inspection stickers

come to the Algonquin topped off with fuel sat Morning

here is the Registration

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pdfs/reg.pdf

and please review our safety procedures

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pdfs/safety.pdf

cya up there

gcarter
06-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Apparently, I waited too long to get reservations.
I secured rooms at the Flamingo, but they don't have dock space
for the TR. I called around and got prices of $50-$100/day!!!!!:eek::nilly:
I'll take it in and out before I do that.
Anyone have any other suggestions?

Scott Pearson
06-02-2016, 04:01 PM
George did you contact the Capri??? They had 14 dock spaces a few weeks ago. Call Christine there and let her know you are with the Donzi group.

http://www.caprivillage.com/

Its right next door to the Flamingo! Lots of other Donzi people staying there!

Let me know ASAP how you make out so we can get something for you.

Inferno
06-04-2016, 07:44 PM
George , I have space at the Capri and if you can't find a place, you can tie off on mine . Just bring fenders . I also have a friend who owns a marina there with a ramp if needed .

Scott Pearson
06-07-2016, 05:24 PM
There is rooms and dock space still at the Capri!

gcarter
06-07-2016, 05:50 PM
I'll call tomorrow or Thusday.
I found an attendee who has storage near the public ramp in Lake George.
The good part is it's free, the negative is a ways away.

Scott Pearson
06-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Ok everyone...We have decided to meet at Cate's Italian Restaurant for our meet and greet Friday night! The address is 4952 Lake Shore Dr, Bolton Landing, NY 12814.. We have reservations at 7:00. We love Cate's and she has agreed to keep the cost reasonable by offering us a limited entrée menu plus whatever pizza you would like to order. The food here is amazing and they have the best pizza in Lake George! Can’t wait to see everyone there!

CHACHI
06-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Scott, there is a box for you at the Flamingo.

Have a great event.

Ken

mattyboy
06-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Ken

Thanks for your continued support :)

will post a wrap up later was a great weekend

jl1962
06-19-2016, 04:02 PM

Fast Company!

jl1962
06-19-2016, 04:03 PM

Donzi 28

jl1962
06-19-2016, 04:04 PM

Duck Dust Off
(too bad it wasn't a Blackhawk.....)

jl1962
06-19-2016, 04:05 PM

At rest
:)

mattyboy
06-20-2016, 08:20 AM
recap

the weather was spectacular high 80's and sunny all weekend.

I would like to thank the club especially Scott and Tammy for all that they do, Jay and Kirby for their help as well and Joe for the drone coverage. A big thank you to all who came out from all over the nation to attend I hope you enjoyed your stay.

SHOW

PEOPLE'S CHOICE BEST IN SHOW Stan Pike 22 benchseat

LONGEST TOW George Carter 22 Testarosa FLA

MOST ORIGINAL CLASSIC Steve Candiloro BlackHawk LE

OLDEST CLASSIC Paul Herzan 14 Baby hull 10

BEST RESTO- MOD Stan Pike 22 benchseat

BEST RESTO George Carter 22 Testarosa

TRIVIA CHALLENGE

1st Place Ed Donnelly winner of the Golden Prop of Knowledge

2nd Place George Culotta winner Lifetime supply of Spam lite spread

3rd Place Jill Hayes winner lifetime supply of beefy cheese Hamburger helper

some pics from the weekend will post more as they come in

mattyboy
06-20-2016, 08:51 AM
This year was truly a top gun event some of the rarest,prestine,and unique Classics ever in one place at one time. The best in show was contended by 5 Classics by the margin of one vote . Everyone who attended should carry their heads high you have some of the BEST DONZI Classics anywhere.

Of Course everyone Loves a BABY these two have not been together in 49 years since they sat side by side at 188th St. now re-united under the sun at the Queen of American lakes Lake George NY

mattyboy
06-20-2016, 09:05 AM
a few more heading out for the cruise

Scott Pearson
06-20-2016, 12:22 PM
I want to thank everyone for coming out to the 2016 Dust-Off! You all have truly made this years event one of the best. It was so nice to put some faces to the names after all these years. If it wasn't for all of you and the love that you all have for your Donzi's the LGDCC would not exist. Events like this make all the hard work worth while!

This year was one for the books. We had 20 Donzi Classics attend this years event and 50 people for our awards dinner. The weather was amazing and we could not have asked for a better weekend.

Joe Paranee is going to put together a video with the drone footage and pictures that everyone took this weekend. I'm asking everyone if they can send Joe their pictures at jparanee@aol.com but end of day Tuesday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also haven't done this in awhile so here it goes...

Things I have learned at the 2016 Lake George Donzi Classic Clubs Dust-Off!

1. As always Rev. Rick drives like a madman...his passengers bruises confirm this!
2. Ed Donnelly is the energizer bunny...just in human form or he is a Timex watch.
3. Lake George does have major power outages.
4. Melissa really...really loves water ski's named Jennifer!
5. George Cullotta's s**t is still weak!
6. Stan Pike's boat does not need a flux capacitor to travel through time.
7. George Carter likes to paint...man is his boat nice!
8. Dennis never need his big toe nail.
9. Ray's Helova Deli no longer has any Huckleberry Vodka....we bought it all!
10. There are rock under the water at Lake George....we found some!
11. Donzi Fly-byes at weddings are the best!
12. Chad is almost as crazy as Rev. Rick! He needs more grab rails to hold onto!
13. Ducks like Gary's outdrive...a lot!
14. Matty sweats a lot when he is speaking in front of people.

Thanks Everyone!!!!

mattyboy
06-21-2016, 07:29 AM
a few more courtesy of the Winnie guys

JParanee
06-21-2016, 10:24 AM
My family and I had an awesome time

great people and some inctedible boats

I am working on the video as time allows and I will get it up ASAP

I have some great pics and my only regret is that I did not get more video of the poker run

I wish I would of worn my go pro during the run but my wife did shoot some from the hand camera but she is not the best videographer :)

the he drone footage is awesome

this was the first real run for my boat and it ran strong but regretfully I must have a bad ring because I was going thru oil even thou it was not smoking

a compression tests shows I have issues with two cylinders so regretfully the motor comes out today and we will be rebuilding it with only 9 hrs on the new rebuild

please keep,sending pics to JParanee@aol.com and I will try and park them into the video

Hank you all and we will be back :)

Just Say N20
06-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Curious how "active" the Lake George marine police are relative to noise levels.

I would like to attend this event next year, but the Criterion is a touch on the loud side. It has the Shotgun flapper exhaust tips, which work OK at idle.

The exhaust is water jacketed, but dry right to the tips, where the water is dumped into the exhaust gas. This does nothing for quieting it down.

I would hate to make the trip just to get tossed off the lake.

Scott Pearson
06-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Bill,
They didn't bother any of us at all. Stan's boat is very loud and he didn't have an issue. However no guarantees.

CHACHI
06-22-2016, 07:24 AM
Ken

Thanks for your continued support :)

will post a wrap up later was a great weekend

Matty, you are welcome.

Ken

Pat McPherson
06-22-2016, 09:49 AM
thanks for sharing:cool:

Kirbyvv
06-22-2016, 09:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywR5rpybsmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5y2GxRXs1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98i0qHU8SzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx4w-iM4mI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGd000oVOOg

These are cell phone video's so not the highest quality, but you get the idea.

CHACHI
06-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Kirby, thanks.

Hope all is well with the mountain biking.

Ken

Inferno
06-22-2016, 05:39 PM
Great time , great weather and great bunch of people ....... Looking forward to next year . Hopefully by then my 22 it will be a little faster.

jl1962
06-23-2016, 06:12 AM
Awesome boat, Stan.

Beautifully done, mechanically and aesthetically.
As fast as it is (and will be), IMO it's even better to look at!
A great mix/balance of old and new styling cues.

Thanks for bringing it and keep us posted on progress.

Scott Pearson
06-23-2016, 06:46 AM
Ken,
Thank you again for the oil! You never forget us. People love winning it at the auction!

Kirbyvv
06-23-2016, 07:28 AM
Awesome boat, Stan.

Beautifully done, mechanically and aesthetically.
As fast as it is (and will be), IMO it's even better to look at!
A great mix/balance of old and new styling cues.

Thanks for bringing it and keep us posted on progress.

I agree with Jay, unbelievable 22. Hopefully next time I can grab a little seat time in it.

CHACHI
06-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Scott, happy to contribute.

Ken

Ed Donnelly
06-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Curious how "active" the Lake George marine police are relative to noise levels.

I would like to attend this event next year, but the Criterion is a touch on the loud side. It has the Shotgun flapper exhaust tips, which work OK at idle.

The exhaust is water jacketed, but dry right to the tips, where the water is dumped into the exhaust gas. This does nothing for quieting it down.

I don't think it is a problem for you as Stans is louder than yours.
If you want we can take the shotguns off and put the mufflers from the 16 I got from MOP. They make the 16 sound like a *****cat...Ed

93viperboy
06-24-2016, 05:37 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3792533696583&set=ms.c.eJxFlFluADEIQ29UhYT1~%3BherrY6p5usJYsAh82 puvJeT0e~%3Bn~%3BVEVKEQZoPuRH8sYW0JsNnYZS1G8zOMiqO QpESqknY~%3BiDKhFF3TVSzjOXZ0L9JlvY4MKb5ag6dJMaroy8 yEWG3PEYmNpoFxiTL0UVXLJoFJSKUybJSeKR0u9FKddz4oVejP Z50iljSXlUl~_cG03bbiinc50k9dlwsNbBhhNlUhl0XevnwM9a Pwfd1NXdDjWfKgxV5Kcf3G35FVHFWwQHSw76SdLG2Fke0ZC~_e m6Yr0qaxl5qYwFqnbNCL~%3B1N5BdbV9o6EFS0dX4vYylCZ33U 2YVKH0304EvLF3~%3Bopa9UsK6gWkLm3UyqPPXCne~%3B1he8B 9yTChrRrIu58Ry0hU3sGQoX1LKiZygzsROdsDJnaQcf2Z49iyU xtjyfuqGczUX304hwXC9pzbTmmrgsqY4oV~%3BwbXlwqkibjJo 33xxuzj~%3B4R66wv3elwq3N3Z2eEQaDNx7xOq0D1wRvc3VFkn Bu6O3p8P7n30~%3BpybPP1P~_HpVOLt2KQ78xKaL8LM754ioqV 3CpTAWItY~_LSrEbM~%3BhWR29v7BrBaUlnNP7C3PG8hcK2x8I .bps.a.3792533616581.1073741838.1374361354&type=3&theater

JParanee
06-24-2016, 07:43 AM
Here is a quick YouTube video I did on the dust off

sorry it is not the best

my wife is new to being a camera person and I was kinda caught up with some engine issues

next year I'll do better :)

huge thanks to all that sent pics

I can only upload a 15 minute video so I used as many as I could

big thanks to all that set this up and special thanks to Gary and his family for all the help they gave me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b9lS27Hpzs

CHACHI
06-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Tell your bride she did fine

Ken

JParanee
06-24-2016, 02:04 PM

Ken

Thanks Ken :)

Ed Donnelly
06-24-2016, 02:13 PM

These should silence the beast for you

jl1962
06-24-2016, 07:58 PM

Ken

+1

And the drone footage is terrific.
Thanks for putting the video together.

Inferno
06-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone as we can't wait to get back . Definitely worth the 18 hour ride from Atlanta . The boat is getting fixed and thanks again Jay for the tow. Kudos for the great video/photos ..............