PDA

View Full Version : Good Looking Corsican on Ebay

Ranman
10-01-2002, 09:15 AM
Corsican (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1865124401)

Nice looking project boat.

olredalert
10-01-2002, 02:28 PM
Beware,this boat is total repaint at least once!No interior shots.No shots of outdrive or engine........ol red!.......Bill S

Ranman
10-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Bill, You're gonna have to move up from that 56K modem to let all the pics load. :D :D .

Although I know nothing about the listed boat and there are no shots of the engine, there is a decent pic of the interior and a decent one of the transom.

Bill is most likely correct with respect to the paint job. The DONZI stickers on the side don't look original either.

BigGrizzly
10-01-2002, 08:12 PM
The stickrs are no origonl o have a spare white interior for the boat. mThwe stichers were the whit with black blochabd there is no picture of the corsican on it

olredalert
10-01-2002, 08:49 PM
Randy,

------Yup,I was in a hurry to get on the road for Sarasota when I posted that.Then 20 minutes into the trip I had a minor problem Ill tell you about down there,but its delayed our leaving until the morning.
------Now that I see all the pics though,the same basic doubts are still there.There was always a black stripe between the two deck colors that I believe was sprayed on gelcoat.Even my first Corsican which had an unusual solid white deck still had that stripe.It made the two surfaces completely separate to the eye.And all the original Corsicans I have seen had a boot stripe as well.Decals are much later and for a longer boat.Hence the size appearing gigantic.
------I dont mind a painted boat.Ill have one at Sarasota,but unless you do some pretty deep sluething,which is hard to do with a boat in Montana,you really dont know what you are getting.The kicker with this boat,which is said to be no.22 is the fuel tank.If its bad the deck really should be yanked.Then you are headed for major work.
------Heck,Im glad another Corsican has been unearthed,and hope somebody on the site gets it,and its a bitchin boat.I went 5 states away to get no.32,but didnt put out any money until I had checked it out completely!
------I guess my comment really was more about the vagaries of E-bay than the boat itself...........just......ol red!.......Bill S

Scott Pearson
10-02-2002, 06:09 AM
Ok...who lives in Montana that can look at this boat? I would be interesed in it if I can get someone there that knows what there looking at.
Montana is a hike....thats the only thing that holding me back from biding.

(NJ)Scott

Craig
10-02-2002, 06:55 AM
What's the deal with the thru hub exhaust prop on the old Volvo? Would that be the result of a changed prop shaft? Some nice pics.

CDMA
10-02-2002, 07:10 AM
The more I look the more I like.

What is that pump with the funny grooved belt? Some kind of water pump...strange.

See the original HM exhaust manifolds?

Overall she doesn't look to bad. I don't see a lot of erroneously drilled holes and such.

Engine looks poorly rigged but I see very little rust on it or any of the Volvo parts that are prone to rusting.

Greg Maier
10-02-2002, 07:26 AM
Big Grizzly, and Ranman,
How can you tell the stickers are not original? Is it the color or the size?

Ranman
10-02-2002, 07:55 AM
Greg, I by far am not the expert on this, but the stickers on the sides may be authentic DONZI decals, just not the correct ones for that boat and vintage. I believe what Grizz was trying to say is that the Corsican on Ebay was originaslly equipped with the decal shown below.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/smarr96.jpg

P.S. Grizz, If you weren't so anxious to get back to playing with Donzi's and big bad motors, maybe you could slow down while typing so we don't have to "read between the lines" See you in Florida! :D :D :D

Greg Maier
10-02-2002, 08:13 AM
What sticker? :) :) :)

Rob M
10-02-2002, 08:33 PM
Outdrive looks like a V-280. Anyone know if they were standard on Corsicans w/351W in 1968 - 1970 era?

mphatc
10-02-2002, 08:41 PM
Did all Corsicans have a Donzi sticker on a white background? Didn't HM also have their own valve covers that were cast aluminum? I recognize that the Edelbrock stuff does not belong!

MPHATC

BigGrizzly
10-02-2002, 09:21 PM
The Corsicans all had white stickers They alsohad a smalle sticker of a face of a Corsican man.the std flags and some tims -like mine a Holman and Moody sticker farest aft. Most didn't have H&M valve covers eccept the ones with the 351 Clevlands-- they did

Rootsy
10-02-2002, 09:28 PM
hmmmm i've always wanted a good reason to move to montana... wink

CDMA
10-02-2002, 09:40 PM
Root you always wanted an old 18....

Rootsy
10-02-2002, 09:57 PM
god knows i already have ENOUGH projects... but that... man... less than 58 built? that's like stumblig across a vintage porshe or something...

might ahve to move you out here for a year or so... you could get used to U of M... we do have a lot of water!

BUT as tempting as it may be i need to finish what i have started already... and that's the 64 cyclone... i've already drug it out too long as it is... time to spend the next year or two and get it finished.. :rolleyes:

CDMA
10-02-2002, 10:02 PM
U of M does have a good NA/ME program...

Craig
10-08-2002, 06:24 AM
Looks like someone got the Montana Corsican on e-bay. Reserve met and auction over at $7,999.00. Was it some one here? Still want to know what's up with the through hub exhaust prop on the old Volvo. Even though the boat's name is "Nearly Normal" that prop ain't nearly normal!

Forrest
10-08-2002, 08:26 AM
I believe that Michigan made a few of those thru-hub Volvo props. All they did was press a 17-spline Volvo hub into an off-the-shelf 4-1/2" dia gearcase prop.

mattyboy
10-08-2002, 09:12 AM
Spinelli did the same for their props as well I have one looks the same.
well looks like it found a home for 8K wonder where it will pop up.
I wouldn't be suprised if it pops up in Howell Nj area eek! :D

Matt