PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust thoughts-Stainless Marine or Hardin Marine

txtaz
02-26-2016, 01:19 PM
Hey all,

I'm going to replace my stock exhaust and looking for input.
Hardin Marine has a new Seaward Series Exhaust Systems (http://www.cpperformance.com/c-1982-seaward-series-exhaust-systems.aspx) which looks nice.
And then there is the old standard. Stainless Marine (http://www.cpperformance.com/p-14437-big-block-gm-hi-torque-captains-call-with-switchable-exhaust-riser-compatibility.aspx).

Anyone have any thoughts or input?

Ghost
02-26-2016, 11:55 PM
Stainless Marine.

Ed Donnelly
02-27-2016, 05:37 AM
For sure Stainless Marine Had them on the Criterion with oxygen and pyrometer
Bungs...Ed

txtaz
02-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the input.

I'm going with the tried and true...Stainless Marine!

yeller
02-29-2016, 05:19 PM
The Hardin exhaust is really new, so it's tough to find anyone that has used them to compare.
That being said; for $700 difference, I'd go Hardin. Hardin's a reputable company so personally, I wouldn't have any concerns. Just my opinion...

Ghost
02-29-2016, 08:49 PM
One thought--not sure what customization is offered for the Hardins. SM will do anything you need. Be interesting to know whay Hardin offers--I've had very good results with other products from them.

gcarter
03-01-2016, 06:16 AM
The Hardin exhaust is really new, so it's tough to find anyone that has used them to compare.
That being said; for $700 difference, I'd go Hardin. Hardin's a reputable company so personally, I wouldn't have any concerns. Just my opinion...

Hardin bought out Gil when they went belly up, so there're 1000's of sets out there.

yeller
03-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Hardin bought out Gil when they went belly up, so there're 1000's of sets out there.I didn't know Hardin bought Gil. Good to know. The way Hardin is advertising the Seaward exhaust though, is that it's 100% new and not the old Gil exhaust.

gcarter
03-01-2016, 03:04 PM
I didn't know Hardin bought Gil. Good to know. The way Hardin is advertising the Seaward exhaust though, is that it's 100% new and not the old Gil exhaust.

I think Hardin bought Gil from the bank, but I don't know that for sure. The foundation of
their systems is the aluminum Gil manifolds. Hardin has continued development in their risers and tails based on those manifolds.