PDA

View Full Version : Pebble Beach Mint and 100 mph

Greg Guimond
02-24-2016, 12:30 AM
I have four outboard boats so yes I'm a bit biased but I'm always amazed at the smokers that show up for sale coming into Spring. Here is a very solid deal unless you ask Buizilla as he will want to pay more than the ask as an "Elder". $28,000 gets you a fully legit GPS 100 mph deep V. Yes, the triple digit speed has been achieved under "perfect" conditions and running light on 93 octane but it does low 90's all day long any day. A ton of expensive stuff on this boat for $28k. I don't know the seller, and I realize this is an I/O site but IMO this boat is pretty cool if you want to consider something instead of a 22 Classic. I wonder if you went to see this boat with a bag full of $25K cash if you would leave with a 100 mph boat. Owners Ad below ............

2003 21’ Intimidator V hull
2001 Mercury 300x with 15 hours on new rebuild
15” midsection with Sportmaster lower unit
External hydraulic steering
P&G full canvas cover including matching motor cover
Custom fiberglass infused race hatch enclosure and rear seat
Single axle galvanized trailer
This is a turn key boat and one of the fastest SOB's in the country

I don’t have to sell the boat, I just don’t use it that much and would love to see someone enjoy it as much as I have
$28,000

Pat McPherson
02-24-2016, 11:01 AM
A 21’ Intimidator is a splash of a 21' Superboat. I wouldn't really call it a deep v; it's a v bottom with a pad. I do like the boat...
There is a mid 90s 21' Superboat with a 502 I/O that has come up for sale a couple of times that I've missed out on/ timing was wrong...

jl1962
02-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Apples to oranges.

I completely agree that this boat is A LOT of go-fast for the $$$$.

But I'd rather have my Donzi.

And that's why there are buyers and sellers!
:cool:

Greg Guimond
02-24-2016, 12:11 PM
Yes, Pat you are right. Not the super plush 24 degree V that we all know and love. Cool that you ran with the boat. I like the hatch.

Pat McPherson
02-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Every Year at the CT River Run a group of guys come over from LI. I want to say there are years with 10+ of these 21' Intimidator / Superboats / Shadow / Challenger ...
I believe Challenger was the first to make this hull and they also came as an I/O...
I like the hull a lot; they run real nice in even a good chop and can run 80+ with a 250Hp outboard...
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?305928-The-21-Intimidator-with-15-quot-300x

Greg Guimond
02-24-2016, 04:22 PM
I've had two Superboat 21's which were fun but you are correct, Challenger was the starting point and the grand dad of all the offspring. Here is a clip ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bdIfQvZ5HY

Pat McPherson
02-25-2016, 12:26 PM
I've had two Superboat 21's which were fun but you are correct, Challenger was the starting point and the grand dad of all the offspring. Here is a clip ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bdIfQvZ5HY

Greg,
Have you ridden in a 22 Donzi Classic?

How would you compare the ride to a 21' Super?
My 22' Classic rides great in everything up to about a 2' chop then...

Can you water ski off a 21' Super?
The 22' Donzi is not a good ski boat and part of my reasoning for wanting to down size.
It think the 18' Donzi is an OK ski boat.

Greg Guimond
03-28-2016, 04:41 PM

2003 21’ Intimidator V hull
2001 Mercury 300x with 15 hours on new rebuild
15” midsection with Sportmaster lower unit
External hydraulic steering
P&G full canvas cover including matching motor cover
Custom fiberglass infused race hatch enclosure and rear seat
Single axle galvanized trailer
This is a turn key boat and one of the fastest SOB's in the country at 100mph

$28,000

Pat, forgot to answer your question. Yes you can ski off a Superboat 21. My brother did slalom off mine. You must have a 20" mid though.

The Intimidator listed above sold last week for $27k

duckhunter
03-29-2016, 08:23 PM
Pat, forgot to answer your question. Yes you can ski off a Superboat 21. My brother did slalom off mine. You must have a 20" mid though.

The Intimidator listed above sold last week for $27k

I dig the whacker boats too. This thing would be absolutely ideal for 100mph early-morning scream & fly antics on the rivers around here. Or 80mph, 20min lunch runs from Hale's Bar to Chatt. Someone got a lot of boat for the $$.