PDA

View Full Version : A peek at my new 35' Cig.

scippy
02-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Anybody familiar with Flaghip marine, Punta Gorda Fl.?........they used to build HiPo engines for race teams, but downsizing now.
That downsizing placed the 35' mistress in my reach......it's a 1983 Kevlar hull fomerly owned by the prince of Bahrain..crazy back
story on this boat!.......boat totally restored & rerigged 5 hours on ...575cu.in. tall boys dynoed @ 650 hp...I have the dyno sheet
build sheet & Cam card...what else,SSM 3a's...borg warner C71 trannys rated for 1000hp......re-gelcoat full hull & w/old skool paint
stripes....new cockpit & cabin upholstery, all new gauges...w/matching triple axle trailer.................it's Cigarette dealership new!!!

scippy
02-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Some pictures......

yeller
02-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Nice buy. Should be a fun boat!

f_inscreenname
02-03-2016, 02:34 PM
I want to ask how much $$ but that may be rude ........ how much? :biggrin.:

scippy
02-03-2016, 03:08 PM
I want to ask how much $$ but that may be rude ........ how much? :biggrin.:

Not rude, ......"but let me coyly suggest you take a guess".......that ryms!

Morgan's Cloud
02-03-2016, 04:17 PM
That is just wild !

Every once in a while life puts you in the right place at the right time . It looks like it was your turn .

gcarter
02-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Well done!
That's quite a boat!

Conquistador_del_mar
02-04-2016, 02:12 AM
Pete,
Great purchase! My guess is $25K or less, but the motors would cost that if you had them built.

OFFSHORE GINGER
02-04-2016, 07:31 AM
:cool!: Very nice and is the the throne porcelain . lol :biggrin.:

f_inscreenname
02-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Pete,
Great purchase! My guess is $25K or less, but the motors would cost that if you had them built.

My bid is 25K and 1 dollar. :biggrin.:

Pat McPherson
02-04-2016, 09:53 AM
If you got her for 25K that would be quite a steel!
Have fun!

scippy
02-04-2016, 04:14 PM
C'mon you guys took a look on OSO...RIGHT???? Yes 25k....I might be delusional, but I think it's worth double that.
the props alone (2 sets of "new" herring 5 blade) are $1500 apiece, but enough about the "steal of a deal" ....I fly
down to Fl. first of the month to sign paperwork (haven't seen it in person yet) my buddy claims it's showroom new!
I just think it's an absolute steal & the right boat for me and the family & that's what really counts!..... plus, it's
capable of handling alot of what the jersey shore will throws at it!

Ghost
02-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Congrats on your new toy.

f_inscreenname
02-04-2016, 07:56 PM
C'mon you guys took a look on OSO...RIGHT???? Yes 25k....I might be delusional, but I think it's worth double that.
the props alone (2 sets of "new" herring 5 blade) are $1500 apiece, but enough about the "steal of a deal" ....I fly
down to Fl. first of the month to sign paperwork (haven't seen it in person yet) my buddy claims it's showroom new!
I just think it's an absolute steal & the right boat for me and the family & that's what really counts!..... plus, it's

Sounds great! IMHO you did get it for a steal. :yes:

Conquistador_del_mar
02-04-2016, 11:37 PM

Yep, that really is a great price for so much boat. Congratulations!!!

MDonziM
02-06-2016, 06:40 PM
That's awesome Pete, great sounding deal and that powertrain should be pretty bullet proof.

scippy
03-19-2016, 06:04 PM
On the port side of the steering wheel under the fuel gauge is a black screw cap w/chain..........does anybody know what this is for?

scippy
03-19-2016, 06:36 PM
better picture.......

Ghost
03-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Flushing port?

Morgan's Cloud
03-20-2016, 06:29 AM
If you unscrew the cap and take it off what's it look like inside the mystery thingy ? Could some sort of electrical thing plug into it ?

scippy
03-20-2016, 12:01 PM
If you unscrew the cap and take it off what's it look like inside the mystery thingy ? Could some sort of electrical thing plug into it ?

There's 2 female fittings that look like it would accept the 2 male prongs.......I did find a fitting that screws to it with the 2 male prongs, but I can't take a picture because
I left it in the boat cabin. Boat will arrive from Fl. on the 25th ......If I remember correctly, the adapter piece screws into it.......maybe a tether line???

Morgan's Cloud
03-20-2016, 01:54 PM
I could be WAY off here , but I'm thinking it might be the plug in for maybe a chart light . Maybe the type that has a semi rigid swiveling snake like neck/cord that would hold it's position temporarily if you let go of it while going over a chart at night .
I wouldn't think that they would put in a tether line like that , and where it is too .

scippy
03-20-2016, 03:51 PM
I could be WAY off here , but I'm thinking it might be the plug in for maybe a chart light . Maybe the type that has a semi rigid swiveling snake like neck/cord that would hold it's position temporarily if you let go of it while going over a chart at night .
I wouldn't think that they would put in a tether line like that , and where it is too .

That's sounds more reasonable than my guess........Will send the picture back to Flagship marine co. they did the rigging maybe they'll nail it .....or, back to Sheik Khalifa
of Bahrain since it was his Cigarette first LOL........Thanks all for helping along!

Morgan's Cloud
03-20-2016, 04:01 PM
That's sounds more reasonable than my guess........Will send the picture back to Flagship marine co. they did the rigging maybe they'll nail it .....or, back to Sheik Khalifa
of Bahrain since it was his Cigarette first LOL........Thanks all for helping along!

Hey , maybe it's the connection for the hooka .. lol

scippy
03-20-2016, 04:38 PM
hey , maybe it's the connection for the hooka .. Lol

that's hilarious!!!

BUIZILLA
03-20-2016, 07:14 PM
hand held spotlight

Morgan's Cloud
03-21-2016, 07:31 AM
hand held spotlight

That was my other thought , after I had hit 'submit'

I think you're right . On a boat of that caliber a cigarette lighter type of spotlight connection just doesn't cut it .

olredalert
03-22-2016, 03:19 PM
----Thats where you plug in the defibulator......Bill S

smidgen too
03-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Pete my friend Ralph bought this Cig a few years ago for around 12K needing a good amount of work. It took 3 years & lots of hard work [ rebuilt engines, drives, some of the interior & good rub & wax & 20K+ in cash ] but this is how she looks now, I think your Cig is a great deal that you can use this year not 3 years down the road !!!!!! :yes: Mark

scippy
03-24-2016, 11:55 PM
Pete my friend Ralph bought this Cig a few years ago for around 12K needing a good amount of work. It took 3 years & lots of hard work [ rebuilt engines, drives, some of the interior & good rub & wax & 20K+ in cash ] but this is how she looks now, I think your Cig is a great deal that you can use this year not 3 years down the road !!!!!! :yes: Mark

Mark.........That's a beautiful "old skool" Cigarette your friend Ralph restored!! ........appears to be the same vintage as mine with the low slung windshield. I'm guessing
late 70's early 80's ?.............regardless he did a wonderful job! .............my Mistress in route as we speak, should arrive here early Friday morning...can't wait!

olredalert
03-25-2016, 08:52 AM
----My 1st big boat was a 79 Mistress. Traded a 1965 Corvette and a couple of grand for it. You will love it, Scippy. A very forgiving hull in any kind of water. I think Mark converted some old pics of it a while back. That thing had more teak on it than a lot of yachts.......Bill S

smidgen too
03-25-2016, 09:05 AM
----My 1st big boat was a 79 Mistress. Traded a 1965 Corvette and a couple of grand for it. You will love it, Scippy. A very forgiving hull in any kind of water. I think Mark converted some old pics of it a while back. That thing had more teak on it than a lot of yachts.......Bill S

Pete here are few pic's of the Cig that Bill had, another very nice ride..

scippy
03-25-2016, 01:46 PM

Same here Bill, first big boat & just wonder what the '65 vette would be worth today?......regardless, I'm thrilled to see it now parked in my driveway. My wife &
2 girls had no idea it would be that big!.....I admit, I scared them with the 18' Donzi and thought they would never come aboard the 27' Magnum once I finished
her, but I'm thinking this 35' is going to be a different animal. We used to get soaked running the 18 in the ocean. I think now we'll be less wet & less scared!

scippy
03-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Pete here are few pic's of the Cig that Bill had, another very nice ride..

Mark thanks for posting the pics!......I'm glad you document and photograph these "old timers" I'm sure you didn't know then
(or maybe you did) the importance a picture would have once these old timers would start to disappear......great stuff!!

olredalert
03-26-2016, 10:28 AM
----Scippy,,,You will have to dive off the side of your Mistress if you want to get wet! Seriously. The scared part is mainly up to you, but I'm pretty sure you will figure that one out! The Vette was a rare one, and probably worth $100,000ish today if restored correctly. Funny story as I bought the Vette back later and resold it for $15,000. Back then I was going thru mid-year Corvettes like others went thru rolls of toilet paper.......Bill S

Marlin275
03-26-2016, 11:23 AM
.I admit, I scared them with the 18' Donzi and thought they would never come aboard the 27' Magnum once I finished
her, but I'm thinking this 35' is going to be a different animal. We used to get soaked running the 18 in the ocean. I think now we'll be less wet & less scared!

With your "Wave Crusher 1000" you will only get you soaked in MUCH BIGGER water and the scary part is the gas dock !

scippy
04-06-2016, 10:09 PM
With your "Wave Crusher 1000" you will only get you soaked in MUCH BIGGER water and the scary part is the gas dock !

We took the Mistress to the Punta Gorda airport filled it to the top with AV gas @ $4 plus a gal. no matter the cost, never ethenol for this boat.