PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Classic Nova Marine Offshore Powerboat

dsamyn
12-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Original Brownie Nova. Stringers up restoration of this 1969 classic offshore performance powerboat. Only 146 of this boat were built, offshore racing pedigree connected to Don Aronow & Alan Brown of Cigarette, Donzi, Formula, Magnum fame. 25 degree deadrise offshore hull delivers excellent performance in big seas. Every aspect of this boat was replaced or renewed as part of the $120k+ restoration. New flag blue and cream awlgrip paint, new Teflon bottom paint (rack stored, not in water), new stringers, 2 new PCM 5.7L engines 310hp each for a total of 620hp with 300 hours, rebuilt velvet drive transmissions and crusader inboard V drives. New upholstery throughout, New Simrad GPS/depth, new Uniden VHF linked to GPS, Clarion stereo & speakers in cockpit, V birth sleeps 2, porcelain head in V birth with holding tank, new powder coated windshield frame and tinted safety glass. Fresh water washdown system, mooring cover, new racor fuel filter system, new sea strainers, new bilge pumps x2 and high water alarm. New 85 gal fuel tank, engine bay fire extinguisher system, re-engineered composite engine cover with soundown insulation. seastar hydraulic steering, Bennett trim tabs, dual batteries and switching system, new teak dash and all new instruments, temp & oil alarms. Refinished cabin with teak varnished bulkhead and doors and beautiful vinyl upholstery matches cockpit. Stainless anchor and bow roller, new bomar plexi hatch, LED cockpit and underwater lighting, new Acme computer labbed props. Boat in as new condition throughout, 10/10 mechanically, structurally, cosmetically! Unique opportunity to own a restored classic at a fraction of the restoration cost.

See attached photos and info. 83421

$44,995/offers

see CL Chicago:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/boa/5367504089.html

scippy
12-19-2015, 06:24 PM
If everything stated is true............Very impresive!

dsamyn
12-20-2015, 07:33 AM
Thanks, as they say "must see to appreciate"! She has been a labor of love and a gas to run, but now she needs a new home.

Greg Guimond
12-21-2015, 06:43 AM
Wow! That looks like new.

bertsboat
12-21-2015, 08:48 AM
It's off CL already. Sold it?

dsamyn
12-23-2015, 01:52 PM
It's off CL already. Sold it?

Nope, not sold already. Within 4 hours of putting it on Craig's list some A-hole scammer was contacting me with some kind of PayPal scam. Decided to drop it off CL and reconsider my approach. I want to sell the boat, but I don't want to be subjected to that kind of crap! Thanks for asking though.

bertsboat
12-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Ignor the scammers. The real deal might happen if you leave it on.
i love playing with those guys. I have two checks here from them, both made out to "Heywood Jablomey" they even send them overnight. It's fun and cheap entertainment. I'll post pictures when I get to my office.
i saw a nice little Porsche on cl the other day. Got contacted by a woman, or at least that what they said they were. Said she got the car in a divorce settlement. I said I wanted to see the car and they said meet me at Hooters. I said OK. They said to email when I get there. An hour later I emailed them and said I was the good looking guy in the red shirt. They said they were the cute one with big breasts, I said, I see you. They said I was crazy, I agreed.

DickB
12-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Too funny! I like to mess with phone solicitors myself.

dsamyn
01-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Understand the BS goes with the positives of the CL marketplace...
There are people on there selling legit $Million dollar boats so it is clearly working for the boat market!

dsamyn
01-23-2016, 11:41 AM
she is sold, sorry to see her go (but a bigger boat awaits)

scippy
01-23-2016, 01:32 PM
she is sold, sorry to see her go (but a bigger boat awaits)

Congrats!.............it doesn't take long when you have totally restored & well documented classic!