PDA

View Full Version : North East Boating in December

Pat McPherson
12-14-2015, 11:52 AM
I couldn't resist and launched my 17' AquaSport. Dec 12th is definitely the latest I've boated on the CT River.

Capevettes
12-15-2015, 07:40 AM
It's really been nice up here on Cape Cod too. Mid to upper 50's every day. Very warm for December. Unfortunately the dock is out of the water and the Donzi is all winterized and wrapped up for the winter.

Pat McPherson
12-15-2015, 08:36 AM
I winterized my Donzi on Sunday 10/18.

I don't do much to the Aqua-sport other than pull the battery and change the gear lube so it stays ready in waiting to steal the last 60deg sunny day of the year.
Unfortunately I may have miss calculated and tucker her away last Sunday. It may hit 60 a few more times this year...:lookaroun:

Greg Guimond
12-15-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm taking my 16 out later today. I think I can set a record and run until Xmas this year!

chip w
12-15-2015, 09:39 AM
We had the 18 out last weekend, but it was in the 80's so I don't think it counts. Winter in FL has some great boating weather. Feel free to look me up if any of you get down this way in the winter and we'll go for a run.

Greg Guimond
12-15-2015, 09:35 PM
No fair Chip. 80 degrees? I'm jealous. Went out today (it was 60 degrees) but the winds were howling 25-30 knots so I had to take the Team Warlock instead of the Donzi. I'm still thinking I'm good for a quick Christmas Eve run with the 16 though before I call it a year and shut 'em down.

chip w
12-16-2015, 09:48 AM
No fair Chip. 80 degrees? I'm jealous. Went out today (it was 60 degrees) but the winds were howling 25-30 knots so I had to take the Team Warlock instead of the Donzi. I'm still thinking I'm good for a quick Christmas Eve run with the 16 though before I call it a year and shut 'em down.

You're right. Even here in FL it's unusually warm. It's supposed to be 85 on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. A friend of mine just picked up a 24' Warlock this month and we're going to get together over the holiday's. I heard there's a run up the inter-coastal from Sarasota on New Year's day and we're going to try and get to that. We're not always this lucky in December but I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts!

Greg Guimond
12-16-2015, 12:35 PM
You're right. Even here in FL it's unusually warm. It's supposed to be 85 on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. A friend of mine just picked up a 24' Warlock this month and we're going to get together over the holiday's.

By chance, was the Team Warlock your friend bought the red and black one that was being sold by a gent in Florida?

Greg Guimond
12-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Well today should mark the end of my boating season as we are heading down to Key Largo for a family vacation for ten days. I ran The Mule today under ominous and brooding skies, but it never stormed. 61 degrees was hard to believe. Broke my prior record for pushing the end of the season and tested yet another prop. That's always my excuse for my wife.

Marlin275
12-30-2015, 10:55 AM
The River Cafe and the WatchTower great spot wish I was there and at the END of December.

El Nino has a boat, full of rain.

Great job representing NEBoating!

Key Largo is the best too.

jordanmc
12-31-2015, 03:15 AM
You're right. Even here in FL it's unusually warm. It's supposed to be 85 on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. A friend of mine just picked up a 24' Warlock this month and we're going to get together over the holiday's. I heard there's a run up the inter-coastal from Sarasota on New Year's day and we're going to try and get to that. We're not always this lucky in December but I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts!

Do you have any more info on this? I might try to go as well!
Thanks

Greg Guimond
02-21-2016, 07:51 PM
The River Cafe and the Watch Tower great spot wish I was there and at the END of December.

Well I thought Winter was going to be Winter but I was right there under the Brooklyn Bridge again yesterday when I snuck out for a ride on The Mule and just kept going. The blue smoke squirrel's under the cowl laid down some nice 73mph runs to boot and then stopped in front of the River Café and took it all in. Never gets old and Spring is coming early this year.

Pat McPherson
02-22-2016, 07:37 AM
Pictures Greg?

We had a Birthday party for my grandmother at the Westbrook Elks club yesterday. She turns 100 today...:yes:

Anyway, the local high school senior class did there polar plunge for the special Olympics. It was 52 and no wind... hardly a polar plunge...:rolleyes:

Spring is coming early this year for sure...:cool:

Greg Guimond
02-22-2016, 07:49 PM
100 years old, man that is awesome Pat. Amazing and God Bless. I only took this one photo on Saturday. I turned the 16 off directly under the Brooklyn Bridge to drift and fire up a cigar while taking in the sky line. It was about 4pm and 60 degrees. I think two weeks ago it was 0 degrees when I left for the office. Go figure.