PDA

View Full Version : Donzi lawsuit?

CDMA
10-01-2002, 08:43 AM
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/Today_s_News/speedwaytoday_s_news.html

Shanghied Again
10-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Gees let me see Oh,Oh my kids bike is called a Daytona!!!! Its funny know that boat racing APBA raced out of a certain speedway now this is coming out, Like Nascar doesn't make enough money. I guess the Daytona Ferrari has to watch its name to? See that name has been around a long time!

CDMA
10-01-2002, 08:55 AM
Frank,

I agree sounds dumb to me.

Could you shoot me an e mail? I keep getting rejected form your e mail account.

Thanks

Chris

GEOO
10-01-2002, 09:10 AM
Chris,

I've tried to E:mail you... I must be on your reject list??

Formula Jr
10-01-2002, 09:16 AM
Cleanzed of the Klenz and gosh darn, no dance ticket.......... :D

Read the fine print. Donzi tried to trademark "Daytona" for exclusive use with powerboats. And thus we have a Kettle and a Pot. Both are alittle off in the head........and a TM lawyer's wet dream. Next thing you know the city of Corsica will want royalties for Corsican.

Did ya'll know that MickyD (tm) once sued a Scottish family over the right to use McDonnald. A name they pretty much can trace to 500 AD. :D

This has gotten so out of hand lately with the importance of branding, that my shoes will never have a swish - if you follow my meaning. :rolleyes:

clayman
10-01-2002, 09:25 AM
Wow, what a bunch of money grubbin A-holes. The word is used all the time on many products, doesn't Harley have a "DAYTONA" model? Which has nothing to do with the speedway, more to do with bike week. The checkered flag? Last I looked, every race ever run uses a checkered flag on the finish, long before Nascar came along. These things are far beyond trademarks or patent rights, they are synonymous with racing and speed, because of all forms of racing throughout the years.
Jim

Bad-Tat
10-01-2002, 09:30 AM
What a crock!! Guess that means I will have to take the decals off my 72 Triumph Daytona model? Daytona Beach will also have to have a name change if this keeps up!!!

2biguns
10-01-2002, 09:57 AM
We're (Donzi) not the only one using Daytona and a checkered flag!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/daytona.jpg

mattyboy
10-01-2002, 10:32 AM
I believe dodge had a car named daytona too, the boat is not named the daytona 500 or daytona speedway or raceway?? the association of speed and the name daytona stem from the races or speed runs held on the beach in daytona before the race way was built,so now can you say a place is a trademark?? no one can use New York for bagels pizza or minute??? GTFOOH!!!!
silly

Matt

Tidbart
10-01-2002, 11:20 AM
2 words. Loser pays.

That would take care of that and many other lawsuits just like them.

Bob

McGary911
10-01-2002, 12:49 PM
That's a crock. Maybe the city of Daytona should sue International Speedway Corp. The city of Daytona existed long before the speedway. They raced cars long before the speedway, on the damn beach (on of the straightaways, at least). Ronnie and the Daytonas were a band in the early 60's (no my type of music, but i used to do mornings on an oldies station). Guess we gotta blow the dust off old Ronnie, and sue him too.,...

ALLAN BROWN
10-02-2002, 07:40 AM
The city of Hollywood, Ca., sued the city of Hollywood, Fl., about using the name. The suit never made it to court, because Fl outdated Ca by 30 years, but it cost them $$$ just to respond. We shouldn't allow lawyers to make the laws (conflict of interests)