PDA

View Full Version : Bjorn getting some recognition for his Donzi!

yeller
10-20-2015, 08:07 PM
Lightning Headers Support New World Record Attempt for a 22 Donzi at 112MPH

http://www.powerboatnation.com/lightning-headers-support-new-world-record-attempt-for-a-22-donzi-at-112mph/

bertsboat
10-21-2015, 10:00 AM
1 more knot and it may be all over. Is it me or an I being to cautious? There didn't look like there was room for error.

Carl C
10-23-2015, 11:38 AM
1 more knot and it may be all over. Is it me or an I being to cautious? There didn't look like there was room for error.

It's always risky going that fast in a small boat but little STVs, certain flatbottoms, mod-VPs and of course drag boats have been doing it for many years. If you have a good strong hull with no bad handling issues you can keep raising the bar with more power and hull mods. Bjorn has proven to us that he didn't rush into running these speeds. He just keeps getting faster every year. :)

Pat McPherson
10-23-2015, 12:33 PM
It's always risky going that fast in a small boat but little STVs, certain flatbottoms, mod-VPs and of course drag boats have been doing it for many years. If you have a good strong hull with no bad handling issues you can keep raising the bar with more power and hull mods. Bjorn has proven to us that he didn't rush into running these speeds. He just keeps getting faster every year. :)

Yup.

I recall seeing George run 109 and 114 in his 18X at the CT River Run back to back years. I think I heard reports that he hit 120 before selling...:eek:

fysis
10-24-2015, 04:21 PM
The Powerboat nation recognition is fun but how it got there pisses me off. I bought the Lightning headers in 2010 for list price.Have not had any contact with them ever since.Now they have seen a youtube video of a recordboat with their headers on film.Of course they se the market value of this and get in contact with PN and suddenly without getting in contact with me my boat is their project boat and their headers the backbone of the record. I should comment the PN video " yes the Lightnings are pretty good but in later tests i have been running close to 2 MPH faster with a Stelling setup so they will be my brand in the future when it comes headers" That should do some damage to them and probably give me a pair of Stellings.

Greg Guimond
10-24-2015, 04:47 PM
That is BS I totally agree fysis. Write a letter to the President of Lightning (cc the top guy at PN) and politely tell him that if you don't here back from him by 12/1/15 you are going public. Good and the bad thing about the digital world is how fast you can go viral.

joseph m. hahnl
10-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Was this true:confused:

The boat saw a jump in peak speed of nearly 9 MPH over the original EM manifold system

Ed Donnelly
10-25-2015, 08:57 AM
The Powerboat nation recognition is fun but how it got there pisses me off. I bought the Lightning headers in 2010 for list price.Have not had any contact with them ever since.Now they have seen a youtube video of a recordboat with their headers on film.Of course they se the market value of this and get in contact with PN and suddenly without getting in contact with me my boat is their project boat and their headers are the backbone of the record. I should comment the PN video " yes the Lightnings are pretty good but in later tests i have been running close to 2 MPH faster with a Stelling setup so they will be my brand in the future when it comes headers" That should do some damage to them and probably give me a pair of Stellings.

Am I the only one who assumed some money changed hands for them hyping your boat in their ad? I figured they at least shipped you another set of headers
As a way of saying thank you for letting us promote our headers on your record breaking boat...Ed

BUIZILLA
10-25-2015, 09:45 AM
I would think a Cease & Desist letter should be an immediate thought..

give them 5 calendar days

then proceed with your Plan B :lightning :pimp:

Marlin275
10-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Absolutely beautiful the way the boat is flying out of the water with just the last 18 inches? of hull in the water.

Just Flying on Water . . .

Ghost
10-25-2015, 02:39 PM
The Powerboat nation recognition is fun but how it got there pisses me off. I bought the Lightning headers in 2010 for list price.Have not had any contact with them ever since.Now they have seen a youtube video of a recordboat with their headers on film.Of course they se the market value of this and get in contact with PN and suddenly without getting in contact with me my boat is their project boat and their headers are the backbone of the record. I should comment the PN video " yes the Lightnings are pretty good but in later tests i have been running close to 2 MPH faster with a Stelling setup so they will be my brand in the future when it comes headers" That should do some damage to them and probably give me a pair of Stellings.

Agreed, particularly insulting is the third word in the PN headline: "support."

If you like the Stellings better, get in touch with them and I bet you can at least get a set of them comped. Then you can get in touch with PN and ensure things get cleared up to your liking, as Jim described.

Regardless, congrats again on your achievements here! Awesome work. -Mike