Formula JR in California

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/5209454799.html

Scott Pearson
09-30-2015, 04:52 AM
That has some coring issues...:eek:

woobs
09-30-2015, 07:52 AM
That has some coring issues...:eek:

Still, for $1000 including engine /drive it's a great place to start.

OFFSHORE GINGER
09-30-2015, 07:57 AM
That would be a fun project .

OFFSHORE GINGER
09-30-2015, 08:27 AM
Sean , how is your project ( Formula jr ) going and what ever happened with that Sutphen Sport Racer on Endless boating ?

woobs
09-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Sean , how is your project ( Formula jr ) going and what ever happened with that Sutphen Sport Racer on Endless boating ?

Arty, my project is a 65 Ski Sporter but, I did say I'd trade it for a Formula Jr before I really start on the 16.... :)

I have been collecting parts and refurbishing more parts. Also, researching how to do some things... so I can decide exactly what I want to do (never done fiberglass before). It will not be "stock" that's for sure.

At this point I'm thinkin' some kind of "tribute" to the Cowes/Torquay racers. Benchseat, SBF, shortened alpha and some wood accents (transom, fairing... stuff like that).

I'm bringing it in the garage this fall to start the dirty stuff. Replace wood in transom & stringers, add some gussets, lengthen inner strakes, fill voids & strengthen hull, deck modifications, change tumblehome...etc. Oh, considering a pad and a step too.

8304983050 83051

Sorry, I have no idea what happened with the Sutphen.........

OFFSHORE GINGER
10-02-2015, 07:35 AM
Sean , very cool ...................................and in fact I like it very much along with all the wood accents, and not to mention the mini Cut water that your line drawing shows . Might I mention that the beauty of doing Fiberglass work is...................... if you screw it up and something does not always turn out the way you like ~ it can be fixed because it is just a dumb piece of fiberglass and we are always smarter then it ....... LOL if you know what I mean , and might I suggest going with Epoxy when doing your glass work / repairs because in the long run you will be doing your self a big favor . Gotta tell yah that I have always toyed with the idea of taking a 16 , and decking it over into a Gentleman's Speedster which in my eyes would be a sweet & fun little project .

Lenny
10-05-2015, 10:07 PM
lengthen inner strakes, fill voids & strengthen hull, deck modifications, change tumblehome...etc. Oh, considering a pad and a step too.

I wouldn't waste your time. This hull is unbelievable already. The most forgiving, high riding, FUN, boat I have ever ridden in ( and own one ) to date. It is already perfect.

Just give it some bigger power. A Bravo, 1" shorty, 400 horse... done...

It is an incredible hull.

woobs
10-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Lenny,
I thought you preferred the Formula Jr. to the Ski Sporter........