PDA

View Full Version : Late Post AOTH

Magnum Ralph
09-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Sorry for late post but I finally got logged in (forgot to do it). Regarding the pass by we were cruising about 45 when a boat passed my side at a high rate of speed. I can't say how close but I got soaked as did my passenger. He then took a line that crossed in front of me (I can't say how close) instead of a parallel line. I can't say how dangerous it was but I did get pretty soaked. When running with others I try to maintain a line and glass back periodically to check for approaching boats. I did not see him coming. All are safe and lessons learned.

Ed Donnelly
09-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Ralph; Rob and I both thank you for the ride at The Awakening this year.
Was by far the smoothest ride I have had. Love your Magnum...Ed
P.S. I was so impressed I bought a 2005 Magnum in July..OOPS
I bought a DODGE MAGNUM

Magnum Ralph
09-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Ralph; Rob and I both thank you for the ride at The Awakening this year.
Was by far the smoothest ride I have had. Love your Magnum...Ed
P.S. I was so impressed I bought a 2005 Magnum in July..OOPS
I bought a DODGE MAGNUM
No problem we enjoyed your company. I love taking people for rides magnum not fast max 65 but it is a nice ride. When I was a boy I spent hours sitting on Lake Huron beach waiting for the man with a speedboat 25 hp and a steering wheel to give me a ride . He did "rarely". Hope all is good. Enjoy your car . Hope to see you in 2016.

Ghost
09-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Ralph, it was great meeting you and Drew at AOTH. Had a blast hanging out with you and I'm a big fan of your 27--what a cool ride.

Mike from Maryland (with the old Cig 24 that wasn't ready in time for AOTH)

Ed Donnelly
09-01-2015, 01:57 PM
No problem we enjoyed your company. I love taking people for rides magnum not fast max 65 but it is a nice ride. When I was a boy I spent hours sitting on Lake Huron beach waiting for the man with a speedboat 25 hp and a steering wheel to give me a ride . He did "rarely". Hope all is good. Enjoy your car . Hope to see you in 2016.

Hopefully with the 16 and my pleasure to return the favour...Ed

Carl C
09-02-2015, 06:09 AM
Ralph, I sincerely apologize to you and all aboard your vessel for passing too close. I also didn't realize that my boat was throwing that much water. Lessons learned here too. I only wish you would have come alongside me and said something directly to me and only me. I would have apologized profusely and bought you all a round of drinks. You are the one whom I do acknowledge getting too close to. I am sorry. I didn't know anything about any hard feelings until days after the event.

The Hedgehog
09-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Sorry for late post but I finally got logged in (forgot to do it). Regarding the pass by we were cruising about 45 when a boat passed my side at a high rate of speed. I can't say how close but I got soaked as did my passenger. He then took a line that crossed in front of me (I can't say how close) instead of a parallel line. I can't say how dangerous it was but I did get pretty soaked. When running with others I try to maintain a line and glass back periodically to check for approaching boats. I did not see him coming. All are safe and lessons learned.

I will jump in here and say it was good to see you guys at AOTH. Now come down to the Gorge sometime.

Tell Drew I said hello. He is an awesome dude. I am still laughing at some of our late evening conversations. I had a great time with you guys and enjoyed my ride in the Magnum.

As for the rest of this....well I think it has been kicked around enough! Don't drive a boat like a jack ass, be cool to everyone and you will have a good time!