PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sweet picture...

Tony
08-30-2015, 10:04 AM
This pic came from my buddy, Randy, and was taken on Crystal Lake in Frankfort, MI.
(There's a guy in that area with an impressive collection of vintage wooden boats.)

It may have been shared already but, if not, enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/TSC890m.jpg

CHACHI
08-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Tony, thanks for sharing.

Hope all is well.

Hi to Cherri.

Ken

jl1962
08-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Cool picture.

Tony - always good to see you check in.
:boat:

Capevettes
08-31-2015, 08:33 AM
Very nice pair. Those wooden boats are pricey.

woobs
08-31-2015, 09:39 AM
Very nice pair. Those wooden boats are pricey.I think most boats are pricey. My buddy just bought a Mastercraft X2 ski boat... $100,000. You can get a lot of wood boat goodness for that kind if scratch.

gold-n-rod
08-31-2015, 12:08 PM
I can't take credit for this photo, Tony. I snagged it from a Chris Craft site of some sort!

I'd make room for both of these in my toy box!!!!

Offset
08-31-2015, 06:22 PM
That really is a wonderful story telling photograph. A pair of beauties.

Thank you for sharing.

Tony
08-31-2015, 07:55 PM
Hello Ken, and hello Jay!

Yes, you're right about me not checking in here very often, and I have to admit I do miss it. After sending the 22' to South Carolina, and retiring, and buying a Florida snowbird place...I guess I just kind of replaced the Donzi jones with other pursuits.

We spent six months in Florida, and it was awesome. I'm spending a lot of time riding and restoring vintage road bikes, and playing tons of tennis. And (no snickering, please!) our next boat purchase is likely to be kayaks! Our Florida hangout is in Sebastian, on the Indian River Lagoon, and it has some pretty prime territory for kayaking.

I know you guys have heard it before, but we're still intending to take an eastern swing with our new little travel trailer. Probably in the fall, to avoid some crowds, and because we can. It would sure be sweet to experience your new 18', Jay, and then to revisit the 1,000 Islands to see Ken, his bride, and his souped up Classic. I just hope he doesn't demonstrate his Captain-less piloting technique!

Take care!

Greg Guimond
08-31-2015, 08:05 PM
This pic came from my buddy, Randy, and was taken on Crystal Lake in Frankfort, MI. There's a guy in that area with an impressive collection of vintage wooden boats. It may have been shared already but, if not, enjoy.

That is a very cool picture. Old school cool meets new. Thanks

jl1962
09-01-2015, 07:27 AM
Hello Ken, and hello Jay!

I know you guys have heard it before, but we're still intending to take an eastern swing with our new little travel trailer. Probably in the fall, to avoid some crowds, and because we can. It would sure be sweet to experience your new 18', Jay, and then to revisit the 1,000 Islands to see Ken, his bride, and his souped up Classic.

Take care!

Tony-

Come to LG in two weeks for the Donzi Fall Picnic, stay for the Gold Cup Races the next weekend http://www.lakegeorgegoldcup.com/index.html - maybe get even more pictures of Donzis and old mahogany (see? - NOT a thread hijack!) ;)

Ken - you take him from there!

CHACHI
09-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Tony, would love to see you and your bride, but you better hurry as I am heading south Sept 24.

I have a bunch of weekends for work down in Alabama and Florida.

Haven't been captain-less boating in a while.

Ken

chip w
09-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Great picture and the contrast of the new and old together. Thanks for sharing it.

gold-n-rod
09-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Having both sold our Donzis, this is how we enjoyed the water this Labor Day weekend. Couple of old geezers!!!

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag324/Goldnrod24/Donzi%20Randy%20amp%20Tony_zpsxerb7aqb.jpg