PDA

View Full Version : Volvo AQ prop shafts for Mercruiser props

murfman
08-26-2015, 08:38 PM
This is a spinoff of the raising an AQ thread. I am thinking about having shafts made for the AQ series out drives that would allow the use of Mercruiser props and I'm just wondering if there is a market for them. I have a spare lower housing that I am going to disassemble for the Volvo shaft, and I am picking up a Bravo shaft this weekend I will find out what it will cost to make and update this thread. If you are interested please let me know, along with a price point you think would be doable. Obviously if they cost 1000$ a piece I'll keep looking but I did notice a new 290 shaft is 900+ dollars from VP:eek:

Conquistador_del_mar
08-27-2015, 11:23 AM
This is a spinoff of the raising an AQ thread. I am thinking about having shafts made for the AQ series out drives that would allow the use of Mercruiser props and I'm just wondering if there is a market for them. I have a spare lower housing that I am going to disassemble for the Volvo shaft, and I am picking up a Bravo shaft this weekend I will find out what it will cost to make and update this thread. If you are interested please let me know, along with a price point you think would be doable. Obviously if they cost 1000$ a piece I'll keep looking but I did notice a new 290 shaft is 900+ dollars from VP:eek:

A company used to make them, but it has been quite a few years since they were made. You might get lucky and stumble on an old one.

johnnywhale
08-27-2015, 08:37 PM
I see a 3-400 piece, but I'm not sure enough people would buy them to bring the price point that low.

Ralph Savarese
08-29-2015, 07:10 PM
You think the merl props would be better on an aq vs a solas?

Ralph Savarese
08-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Johnny what are you doing now ?

johnnywhale
08-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Ralph, they're saying when raised the Solas props don't do too well. Talk to you tomorrow

HallJ
08-30-2015, 10:17 AM
FJ should be able to put a Volvo hub in a Mirage plus.
http://fjprop.com/page/Used_Props/43/15/

Jeff