PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Boca Grande

jordanmc
08-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone
I finally stepped off the dock and purchased my first Donzi. I love the boat. My 4 year old and I drive all over the Muskoka lakes. Does anyone run their boat down south in the winter? I am thinking about taking it down to Boca Grande this winter. We get lots of really calm days down there.

smokediver
08-11-2015, 06:01 AM
There are a few of us down here on the west side of the state and more over on the east side. Bring it !!

olredalert
08-11-2015, 10:29 AM
----Beautiful water around Boca Grande, but mighty salty!!!.......Bill S

chip w
08-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Yup, I'm in the Tampa area and we run year 'round. Mostly on a local lake but once in a while in the gulf or Tampa Bay. I use Salt Away to flush the system when I'm done and hose the exterior bits with it as well as the salt water can accelerate the aging process pretty quickly. Boca Grande is a great area. Bring it down and enjoy yourself!

I take my 5 year old son (just turned on Sunday) and he loves it. Wears his sun glasses with a strap to keep them on.:cool!:

olredalert
08-13-2015, 09:06 AM
----Oh! Forgot to mention to stay in the channels where theres a chance of shallow water. Important around Bokeelia especially......Bill S

chip w
08-13-2015, 04:13 PM
----Oh! Forgot to mention to stay in the channels where theres a chance of shallow water. Important around Bokeelia especially......Bill S

That's good advice. Buy a chart as well so that you know where the shallow places are and avoid them like the plague! Or join SeaTow.

craigdskilling
08-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Jordan we boat in the muskokas all the time, there's tons of us what colour and size you running. Also what lake you running

jordanmc
08-18-2015, 08:28 PM
Great advise re charts in Boca. Running a classic 22 red and white! Bummed I missed the muskoka get together.