PDA

View Full Version : Rudder

93stangers
07-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Shot in the dark here... Newer owner of a 1967' Barrelback 18' Classic Inboard / V-Drive... The original rudder was lost damaged long ago. A custom one was made but it's clearly not right for this boat. The handling is nowhere near where it should be. I believe it's undersized. Does someone know were I could get a factory replacement / used one at? Or could someone give me detailed information on the sizing??? I do have access to CNC machines so having one made is plausible but I have no idea on the sizing.

bertsboat
07-19-2015, 06:56 AM
here a few pictures I have saved. i am sure others will post what they have. they come for sale on eBay now and again. a friend is working on a 28 Sportsman. he has a crate of extra parts. i will be looking that grate next week. i will see if he still has his rudders. he will not be using them for he is installing Mercruiser IO diesels. ill let you know what I find there.

Shot in the dark here... Newer owner of a 1967' Barrelback 18' Classic Inboard / V-Drive... The original rudder was lost damaged long ago. A custom one was made but it's clearly not right for this boat. The handling is nowhere near where it should be. I believe it's undersized. Does someone know were I could get a factory replacement / used one at? Or could someone give me detailed information on the sizing??? I do have access to CNC machines so having one made is plausible but I have no idea on the sizing.

93stangers
07-24-2015, 08:35 PM
here a few pictures I have saved. i am sure others will post what they have. they come for sale on eBay now and again. a friend is working on a 28 Sportsman. he has a crate of extra parts. i will be looking that grate next week. i will see if he still has his rudders. he will not be using them for he is installing Mercruiser IO diesels. ill let you know what I find there.

Just wondering if u got a chance to look for those rudders?

bertsboat
07-25-2015, 07:33 AM
I will look next week.

Scott Pearson
07-25-2015, 07:50 AM
Blackfin Boats uses the same rudder and housing as the early Donzi's.

bertsboat
07-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Better

93stangers
07-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Blackfin Boats uses the same rudder and housing as the early Donzi's.

not seeing anything for blackfin rudders either

93stangers
07-31-2015, 12:29 PM
Better

Ya the one I have is definitely different. It doesn't have the flat top and is probably a bit thinner as well.