PDA

View Full Version : Interesting photos of the St. Lawrence

John C in PA
06-23-2015, 12:40 PM
It rained like the second coming of Noah last night and, between the angle of the sun and the dirt washed into the St. Lawrence River, the different water depths in the area in front of our cabin can be easily seen.

Below is a chart of the area we look out on. We're on the land side, two thirds of the way between the underwater power cable from Millens Bay to Carleton Is. and the 7' shoal depth.

And here is a pic from our deck looking at shoals outlines by the 7', 2', 5' shoals. You can see the different shades of the River match the chart. Its really much more obvious in real life but without my Donzi on an empty River I'm bored.

undertaker
06-23-2015, 12:56 PM
John we just came home from Alexandria Bay on Sunday were up Wed thru Sunday. Wish I would have known you were up would have given you a ride in my 22 classic :):biggrin.:

Love the area up there, weather was great while we were there and we put a few miles on the Donzi....

Enjoy :cool!:

Undertaker

John C in PA
06-23-2015, 04:56 PM
John we just came home from Alexandria Bay on Sunday were up Wed thru Sunday. Wish I would have known you were up would have given you a ride in my 22 classic :):biggrin.:

Love the area up there, weather was great while we were there and we put a few miles on the Donzi....

Enjoy :cool!:

Undertaker

Retirement has its perks. We live here 3 weeks, home for 1, repeat. The River has been great for good handling boats like ours. White caps all day. Too bad no Donzi for me
this season though.

John C