PDA

View Full Version : Maherajah Water Skis

Barry Eller
06-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Any Maherajah Water Ski fans here? I know Ed Donnelly had one....the photo is of my two Maha's. The link is about Kris LaPoint's 1966 Record run on a Maherajah.

http://www.waterskimag.com/features/2013/03/14/kris-lapoints-1966-record-setting-ski/

Offset
06-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Works of art. Very nice.

Morgan's Cloud
06-18-2015, 09:00 AM
I remember back in the 70's when I was doing a lot of skiing with my best pal and brother we were completely improvising with a ratty old pair of Cypress Gardens skis. We actually used to make trick skis out of planks of wood and old foot bindings and even built a primitive boogie board so we could do deep water standing starts barefooted so we could do without the search later for a dropped mono ski . My brother and friend even built a ski ramp/jump from scratch but I was never able to be in the right place to try it out.

In those days we dreamed of owning a Maherajah or O'Brien . Now my friend can afford anything he wants but he can't ski any more :garfield:

JimG
06-22-2015, 10:10 AM
I still have the one I bought when I was 13... mowed a bunch of lawns for that one!!

txtaz
06-25-2015, 12:29 PM
I learned on one. Good looking ski and I wish I still had it.
I sold mine and got a Connelly. It has been long gone and thanks to Don Tamm's Dad, I now have another Connely just like it.

Barry Eller
06-26-2015, 05:50 PM
I still have the one I bought when I was 13... mowed a bunch of lawns for that one!!

I mowed yards too...bought Cypress Gardens Lil Monsters and El Diablos. Couldn't afford the Maherajahs as a teen.

BUIZILLA
06-26-2015, 06:16 PM
I mowed yards too...bought Cypress Gardens Lil Monsters and El Diablos. Couldn't afford the Maherajahs as a teen.
LOL, I had both of those and a tapered Cut n Jump