PDA

View Full Version : 4.3 v6 thru hull exahust

mikev
08-01-2001, 01:47 PM
Ok I have a 19' Regazza with the 4.3 v6 i was considering adding thru hull exhaust system to it this winter when i add a 4brl carb and edelbrock intake. the carb and intake should get me 220hp. will the thru hull exhaust add any more? also what would it sound like being only a V6. Looks like if i do do it i would have to route it above the swim deck will there be a risk of the kids getting burned on the tips or do they stay fairly cool.

Rootsy
08-01-2001, 02:25 PM
water evaporates pretty quickly off of my corsa mufflers... wouldn't say they stay "cool", especially after a pretty good session with the throttle.

MR MAGOO
08-01-2001, 08:24 PM
My buddy has a 1995 sweet 16 with tru hulls and it sounds like an old tractor :D

Rootsy
08-02-2001, 01:21 PM
want to be specific there? JD's IH's, AC's, Case, MM, MH, Fordson... they ALL sound DISTINCTLY different... Personally there isn't a finer sound than a strong runnin IH to my ears! And my 97 16 doesn't sound anything remotely like a tractor.. but then again... i have 8 cylinders eh.
http://www.tdi.net/jaroot/tractors.html

Root - the Antique Tractor GUY...

mikev
08-02-2001, 03:48 PM
havent even got far enough to pick out a mfg. of exahust just wondering if it is worth while on a v6 and if would sound good or like one of thoese cheeze rice burners.

RickR
08-02-2001, 04:22 PM
jaroot
Do you restore tractors for a living?
The projects look great!

Rootsy
08-02-2001, 05:32 PM
Wish i did it for a living Rick. More of a hobby / side job. My dad and uncle brought home another Farmall H 2 weekends ago.. the collection and WORK FOR ME just keeps on growin... i've slowly been assembling my paint booth... I'm an engineer for a living though, for now anyway... Thanks for the compliments... I specialize in Red... Like you couldn't tell!

MR MAGOO
08-04-2001, 11:10 AM
:D :D :D

marcdups
08-05-2001, 10:48 AM
Mike, I have the same dilema, I have a captain's choice system from corsa sitting in my living room!! still undecided if I should install them :confused: Some posts tell me that it will sound like a tractor and some tell me otherwise, like high compression heads or diffent manifolds, so?? I do have the 4 barrel carb however, which intake manifold are you looking at??Is it higher than the merc one, I am serching for a spacer for my carb to try, hoping to cool the fuel, what do you think?

Marc

undecieded but hopeful

BigGrizzly
08-05-2001, 05:09 PM
Who cares what everyone says. I f you got them use them. You don't have to keep them open. Thet sure can't hurt.

Randy

Shanghied Again
08-05-2001, 08:36 PM
I had thru hull on my 1996 4.3, On Idle the boat really sounds great sort of like a big block rumble. When you throttle up it has its own sound not a v/8 sound more like a Ferrari sound like a torqued 6, My friends said it sounds like an Airplain, I thought it sounded pretty cool.

marcdups
08-06-2001, 05:24 AM
OK, will try and install them before the labor day weekend at lake George. I already have the switch in the new dash so might as well !!!

Marc

Varooooooom soon!! :eek:

mikev
08-06-2001, 08:07 AM
I am going to run the Edelbrock alum. intake and edelbrock carb. since I never run i salt water I am not worried about corrosion. I am also going to put on some 1.6 ratio rocker arms to get a little mor lift out of the cam.