PDA

View Full Version : Probably selling my Sweet 16 and need honest input

John C in PA
06-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Guys, for several reasons, including my worsening knees, I'm leaning heavily toward selling my Sweet 16. I'm not even bringing to the Thousand Islands camp this season. So, I included a write-up below and would like your opinion on a fair selling price. Please feel to ask questions.

John C
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

1992 Donzi Sweet 16 with Ford 302 H.O. 200 HP motor with power steering, a Holley 2-bbl 500 cfm carburetor, and Cobra drive. With just me aboard I've had this Donzi up to 59.8 MPH (GPS).

The top deck is off-white with a teal stripe; the lower hull is teal with an off-white stripe. The upholstery is white with teal edging in the L configuration. There is some dry cracking in a few areas on the seats.

Specific details:

This boat was built in the Chris Craft factory. Included are Bennett ST-9 tabs, a grey snap in rug, recent new automatic bilge pump, bilge blower, and new hoses for both.

The motor has a K&N air filter, recent MSD ignition wires, replacement shift interrupter, ignition module, and coil. An aftermarket thru-hull exhaust with 88(?) dBA mufflers and hidden water backflow preventers. The battery is from 2013. A Perko brand locking 4 position battery switch. The previous owner (a boat shop) replaced both heads before selling it to me.

There are no issues with the 1.58:1 ratio Cobra drive. Price includes an OMC stainless steel SST 21" prop tuned by DAH Propellers. Both the prop and drive include McGard brand locks.

Covers include the factory canvas storage cover with "Donzi by OMC" logo, a brand new mooring cover, and a custom cockpit cover. All three covers include a central pole. The factory cover is in good condition but there are some stains on it that I can't remove.

Accessories: there is a Fyr-Boy engine bay fire detection system, a "weapons fire" type starter switch, a marine type AM-FM radio with twin speakers, a fuel whistle, new fuel level gauge.

The trailer is galvanized steel and aluminum with roller bunks, radial trailer tires with stainless steel bearing buddies, and a spare radial mounted on a rim. All wiring is recent, as are the lights.

Included is a boat hook, 2 teal color nylon mooring lines, 3 fenders, fire extinguisher, 2 life jackets.

I have titles for the boat and the trailer.

Just Say N20
06-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Pictures will hep a lot.

John C in PA
06-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately, I'm up at the River and the boat is at home. Here is all I have.

John C in PA
06-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Well, worsening knees notwithstanding, it looks like I'm going to hold onto my little Donzi for awhile.

John C

Ghost
06-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Glad you're keeping it, John. :)

Ed Donnelly
06-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Your knees will be as good as new in a year or two.So keep it.
Hell I didn't drive the Criterion for 4 yrs. it was paid for and just sat there waiting for me...Ed

John C in PA
06-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Glad you're keeping it, John. :)

Me too. However, the Triumph is going to be sold.

John C

John C in PA
06-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Your knees will be as good as new in a year or two.So keep it.
Hell I didn't drive the Criterion for 4 yrs. it was paid for and just sat there waiting for me...Ed

Ed, I don't know if you wrote this b4 or after my email but, I'm only getting the right knee replaced again because the first replacement has failed. The Voltaren works so well on my left knee I'll never get it replaced. We're home now so my decision is if I want to bring my Donzi up to the River this season.

You didn't drive your Criterion for 4 years? Is that Canadian (metric) years or American years?

John C

Ed Donnelly
06-14-2015, 07:17 PM
That would be Aamerican years.
after all it's an American boat...Ed

Good choice on what to sell..I sold my Harley 4 years ago