PDA

View Full Version : West Coast 22 Classic

boatnut
05-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Due to lack of usage I have decided to sell my gorgeous 1997 22, it is not an easy decision. Some info:
-She is like new with very low hours. Probably about 400 hours max, less than 10 in the last two years which is the problem.
-300HP, 454 carb motor, Bravo 1 Drive (drive was stolen from dry storage so the insurance bought a new Bravo in 2005)
-Everything works perfectly and service records are available, complete service (oil, filters, eng tune, impeller, drive removal engine alignment chk, some hoses changed) in 2015
-Gelcoat and upholstery like new, hard to find any blemishes (there are a few scrapes low on the keel where the previous owner beached the boat a few times)
-Everything original, no mods (I did add two forward cleats that match the rear cleats)
-I purchased the boat in 2005 (due to the previous owner not having time to use her)
-Based on soundings, the transom, stringers, etc. all seem good-- I have never had the engine out of the boat.
-I had a custom sunbrella cockpit cover and full hull cover made--both in like new condition, cover can be used for storage, towing, or boat-lift
-I completely rebuilt the trailer, new fenders, paint, bunks, carpets, brakes, bearings, tires, lights. I live on a lake so the trailer probably has less than 100 miles on it.

This is a truly rare find, stunning Donzi. She is a turn-key nothing needed, 60-65mph boat (I think I got 63 or 64 gps when I was experimenting with props). As you on the forum know this can also be an 80mph boat but some
motor and steering investment would be required. I want $25K cash for a nice simple sale, not interested in any trades. This seems like too low of a price considering the wakeboard boat I just saw that someone paid 80K for.

I would like to see her go to someone on the forum so I have not advertised elsewhere yet. Ed

bertsboat
05-27-2015, 08:28 PM
The banks own all the wakeboard boats. There will be a wakeboard bubble and the banks will take the hit.
Who in their right mind spend that kind of money on a boat with one engine. If the banks didn't loan the money they would be half that price.
Remember the Bayliner bank bust back in the eighty's?

Your boat is nice. Good luck with the sale.

boatnut
06-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Due to lack of usage I have decided to sell my gorgeous 1997 22, it is not an easy decision. Some info:
-She is like new with very low hours. Probably about 400 hours max, less than 10 in the last two years which is the problem.
-300HP, 454 carb motor, Bravo 1 Drive (drive was stolen from dry storage so the insurance bought a new Bravo in 2005)
-Everything works perfectly and service records are available, complete service (oil, filters, eng tune, impeller, drive removal engine alignment chk, some hoses changed) in 2015
-Gelcoat and upholstery like new, hard to find any blemishes (there are a few scrapes low on the keel where the previous owner beached the boat a few times)
-Everything original, no mods (I did add two forward cleats that match the rear cleats)
-I purchased the boat in 2005 (due to the previous owner not having time to use her)
-Based on soundings, the transom, stringers, etc. all seem good-- I have never had the engine out of the boat.
-I had a custom sunbrella cockpit cover and full hull cover made--both in like new condition, cover can be used for storage, towing, or boat-lift
-I completely rebuilt the trailer, new fenders, paint, bunks, carpets, brakes, bearings, tires, lights. I live on a lake so the trailer probably has less than 100 miles on it.

This is a truly rare find, stunning Donzi. She is a turn-key nothing needed, 60-65mph boat (I think I got 63 or 64 gps when I was experimenting with props). As you on the forum know this can also be an 80mph boat but some
motor and steering investment would be required. I want $25K cash for a nice simple sale, not interested in any trades.
I would like to see her go to someone on the forum so I have not advertised elsewhere yet. Ed

I am going to list this on Craigslist (and maybe eBay, does anyone have any opinions on these sites for selling Donzis?). She is fully serviced, fueled, and ready to be used this summer. Ed (email: ed.boatnut@gmail.com)

boatnut
06-20-2015, 11:14 AM
In case any of you don't know how beautiful a 22 is in the water :), I think it is a length to beam ratio thing. I just listed the boat on Craigslist locally.8244482445

boatnut
07-05-2015, 01:15 PM
I am willing to help with transportation costs or towing to move this boat north, south, or east. Ed

boatnut
07-25-2015, 10:06 AM
Any Interest at $22K, ready to go, needs nothing.

DeltaDog
10-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Has this boat been sold or still available?