PDA

View Full Version : 22C Questions

txtaz
05-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at a boat in Seabrook tomorrow. It is a '94 hull with a 2013 blue pill. <--Yo RoadTrip, I'm speaking your language. LOL
Here is the listing. http://boats.iboats.com/1996-donzi-2...l/1598387.html

It has all the goodies but I have a few concerns.
1. The stringer width (23.5 or 28.5) and if it was glassed separate from the transom during build
2. It has underwater lights on the transom. This is new to me. Are these stock or added? I really dislike extra holes in a transom as I've replaced a few before.
3. 170 hours all in salt water and no fresh water heat exchanger.
4. The boat was painted.

I plan to check the bottom corners of the drive very close. I'd like to pull a screw on the transom and check the wood (I'm not sure that's appropriate).

I would appreciate all input.
Thanks,
Taz

mattyboy
05-26-2015, 10:33 AM
hey Taz been a while

I was going to tell you the( my) nightmares of salt but then looking at those pics the boat seems very well cared for .

with the blue power I would make sure the stringers have been beefed up a 96 should be before they moved the stringers but big power can put a lot of torque on the stringers

the lights are probably aftermarket

tapping on the transom with your knuckle should give you a crisp sound no thuds

JayZ
05-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Looks like Blake Sullivans boat that he sold recently. Shes beautiful and well cared for. I believe its a blackhawk hull.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at a boat in Seabrook tomorrow. It is a '94 hull with a 2013 blue pill. <--Yo RoadTrip, I'm speaking your language. LOL
Here is the listing. http://boats.iboats.com/1996-donzi-2...l/1598387.html

It has all the goodies but I have a few concerns.
1. The stringer width (23.5 or 28.5) and if it was glassed separate from the transom during build
2. It has underwater lights on the transom. This is new to me. Are these stock or added? I really dislike extra holes in a transom as I've replaced a few before.
3. 170 hours all in salt water and no fresh water heat exchanger.
4. The boat was painted.

I plan to check the bottom corners of the drive very close. I'd like to pull a screw on the transom and check the wood (I'm not sure that's appropriate).

I would appreciate all input.
Thanks,
Taz

yeller
05-26-2015, 01:15 PM
Hey Wes, it's good to see you make your way back. :beer:
Very nice looking boat. I really like the extra graphics.

Looks like Blake Sullivans boat that he sold recently. Shes beautiful and well cared for. I believe its a blackhawk hull.
If it is Blake's old boat then it could be a BlackHawk hull. He sold me a BH drive off his boat a few years ago.

olredalert
05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
----Doesn't look like a BH hull to me, but I could be wrong. Look at the location of the exhaust. Its not high enough......Bill S

txtaz
05-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the replies and it's great to be back (almost) on the water.

Dad and I are going down to look at the boat and we both have had salt boats for a long time. So Matty, I know your pain.

It's nice to see some familiar faces (names) still hanging around and some new ones as well.

I don't think it's a BlackHawk hull but I have my straight edge to check it. If I remember correctly, do BH's have a hook on the chine for lift?

Also thanks to George, I know to check the sides after the Testerossa job.

Be back in a few days and I'll post some pics.

Lenny
05-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Wes, BH's have about 1 1/2" of rocker that starts about 8' from the transom.

BUIZILLA
05-27-2015, 04:14 AM
I don't think you'll be happy with a Bravo and a rocker hull....

mattyboy
05-27-2015, 06:12 AM
it's a BH hull judging from the exhaust or the X is way up for a standard 22c

txtaz
05-27-2015, 07:08 AM
it's a BH hull judging from the exhaust or the X is way up for a standard 22c

Matty, You may be right.

I took a closer look at the pictures on the add and it looks like the exhaust is high. The seller states the transom has not been re-worked.

That would explain why there is a Shelby hatch because the motor sits higher.

I'll know today.

Yeah Jim, I would agree but I've never driven this combination.

UGH!!! It would be awesome if the motor was lower and it had a Bravo 3 XR. :biggrin.::biggrin.:

txtaz
05-27-2015, 08:26 AM
Matty called it. It is a BH hull and Blake's old boat.

I cancelled the trip as it is not what I really want and Dad could not go today.

The search continues.

smokediver
05-28-2015, 07:24 PM
Has anyone tried a 2 or 3 inch shorty on a blackhawk hull ?

BlakeSullivan
05-28-2015, 09:30 PM
It is my old boat . As for the drive combination it ran very well 78-79 mph. The only part of the boat that was repainted was the red boot stripes . I understand taking a Black hawk of a BH hull changes things but that boat would run fast and straight as a arrow. I was a great boat I just needed something with a T-Top since our little guy was born. But as for the boats condition I will said you would be hard pressed to find a cleaner one. I made the new owner a check list on keeping it up. He is selling it because he bought it on a whim and really wanted an 18.
Below is the replacement rig:)

roadtrip se
05-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Good call, Wes.

Jraysray
06-23-2015, 02:07 PM
This boat has no worries. Ran great and beyond well cared for. Good luck on the search.

txtaz
06-25-2015, 12:24 PM
This boat has no worries. Ran great and beyond well cared for. Good luck on the search.

Thanks Scott.
I have never been a fan of the Blackhawk hull.

Hey Blake,
Thanks for the info. It is a GREAT looking boat and I know the work was done exceptionally. Congrats on the baby and the new "family" boat.

I plan on hitting the coast with the new boat sometime this summer. We should have a get together.