Nice.
Glad you made it.
Thanks for posting.

yeller
05-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Good video. Gotta love those sideways rollers. :biggrin.:

fysis
05-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Inspiring video Carl. How does the AOTH work. Is it more than one day. How long distance . How many Donzis participating. Tell me little about the event. Planning to bye a GO PRO set up for the season . what kind are you using and what kind of $ are we talking.:sweden:

craigdskilling
05-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Carl great vid but next year can you hang in the back and see the other donzi's trying to keep up then play with them lol good times I might be in or next year. By the way how fast where you guys going.:)

gcarter
05-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Well done Carl!
Nice video.

Carl C
05-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Thanks everybody. We did start at the back of the pack and worked our way up when it was safe. The red boat finally shut down and the last 3 minutes were of myself and Gregg's "Yellow Devil" finishing the run to the dam. Hence the subtitle "Running With the Devil"!

Some people don't want their speeds posted on the internet so since we were not alone in front I will have to leave that question open. We have previously established that the Devil is faster than me. He's running a good 70 mph and I top out about 65 ;) :lookaroun::yes::cool!:.

Fysis, AOTH is always the week-end before Memorial Day at Jamestown Resort. Planned events start Thursday-Saturday. Most head home Sunday. Had a great time.

I know there was at least one faster boat there but since he wasn't present on this only fast run to prove it I'm claiming bragging rights to second fastest. :)

The GoPros are easy to use. Mine is a 3+ Black Edition. It can record broadcast quality hi-def video up to 4k.

Ed Donnelly
05-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Carl; the cigs are a tiny bit faster than you.
the 18x jet shoots a higher spray than you...L.O.L. ...Ed

Carl C
05-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Carl; the cigs are a tiny bit faster than you.
the 18x jet shoots a higher spray than you...L.O.L. ...Ed

Well where were they? Where was Stan? Yes, the jet boat wins the best roostertail award! Ed, did you get to ride with Stan like you were supposed to?

Ed Donnelly
05-24-2015, 05:11 PM
No I didn't...
But I rode with Ralph and his son in the Magnum..
I have driven a 100 m.p.h. 22 and a 100 m.p.h. 16
BUT I have never been in a Magnum so it was a super weekend...Ed

Carl C
05-24-2015, 05:41 PM
No I didn't...
But I rode with Ralph and his son in the Magnum..
I have driven a 100 m.p.h. 22 and a 100 m.p.h. 16
BUT I have never been in a Magnum so it was a super weekend...Ed

Yes it was. I made this to hang in the cabin with the other boating memorabilia:
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/DSCN4517_zpsbrwbjryk.jpg (http://s763.photobucket.com/user/CARLC222/media/DSCN4517_zpsbrwbjryk.jpg.html)

DonziJon
05-24-2015, 06:56 PM
Hi Carl: I had to come out of the woodwork to congratulate you on going to AOTH and showing "them" you were not making it up. Best regards to you my friend. DonziJon. :yes:

Carl C
05-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Hi Carl: I had to come out of the woodwork to congratulate you on going to AOTH and showing "them" you were not making it up. Best regards to you my friend. DonziJon. :yes:

Thanks! :lifeprese:

Carl C
05-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Ed, I comment on the Cig 20s at about 2:20. They were there but did not do this run. I'm not from Missouri but you still have to "show me". :yes:

Inferno
05-26-2015, 05:44 AM
Carl ... I think you are a little off course saying that yours was the 2 nd fastest ... #1 Gregg and I were just running at 70 when you decided to cut me off and I did a suicide move across Greggs transom with Gregg having 5 people in his boat, so you didn't side swipe me . I yelled at you at the falls and you said nothing !!! #2 It was NOT a race this weekend as there were logs and trees all over the lake and at 100 + it would be death !!!!!! So as far a you claiming you were #2 fastest I think your smoking CRACK !!!! Three others compained about your driving and you were lucky you didn't get banned . I've been racing boats for 50 + years and NEVER did any one do what you did . If you would like to race boat for boat I will gladly meet you at any CLEAR lake and I garantee I will be trailering your boat home with me ... Please learn how to stay in your lane ,wear a lifejacket ,and never cut in front of another boat !!!!!! Have a good day

Carl C
05-26-2015, 06:41 AM
That's BS and you know it but this crap has become par for the course on this forum. I don't know why I bother. The video speaks for itself. There was no racing. I moved my way up the pack when it was safe to do so. We never ran flat out for more than a few seconds. I was never that close to you and Gregg to force your move. In fact I passed you very wide on the outside. The first time I passed you was at 8:08 on the video. The second time was at 10:16 and you were on the other side of Gregg. Explain to me again how I cut you off. I did plane out briefly in front of Fishbones and did a slow turn before I realized that it was a no wake zone. Then we headed outside the buoys to run a bit and swim while others ate lunch. We weren't hungry since we just pigged out at the breakfast buffet. Don't you recognize smacktalk? I would like to know who else complained and why since you brought that up. I didn't respond to you at the falls because I had no idea what you were talking about. BTW, why did no one drive behind the falls? I don't drive my boat like an old codger but I don't drive it recklessly either. I got positive follow up phone calls from 3 people asking if I had a good time and thanking me for coming. So if you and 3 others have complaints then let's get it all out there. I have most of the running on video. If your boat does 100+ then why couldn't you push it to 85 for just a bit? I'm done. I'd say more but I don't want to insult the many good people here. :bonk: X_X

Inferno
05-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Carl .. I'm not one for BS !!!!!! To end this conversation you can PM me . However Phil Lipschutz and I ran together to the falls after I dodged you .Phil at the fallls said we were running together at 90 + and climbing but he agreed the water was way to dangerous as we both saw major wood ... We talked together at the fall and he said 90 + . Call him at 305-933-9988 . I guarantee yours will not come close to 95 mph. Enough said and like I said and will say it again " Bring it anywhere boat for boat "

Carl C
05-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Carl .. I'm not one for BS !!!!!! To end this conversation you can PM me . However Phil Lipschutz and I ran together to the falls after I dodged you .Phil at the fallls said we were running together at 90 + and climbing but he agreed the water was way to dangerous as we both saw major wood ... We talked together at the fall and he said 90 + . Call him at 305-933-9988 . I guarantee yours will not come close to 95 mph. Enough said and like I said and will say it again " Bring it anywhere boat for boat "

Are you really that naive? I said on this only fast run of the event I was second fastest. It doesn't even matter. For you to claim that I cut you off and forced you to cross Gregg's wake on a public forum DOES matter. That did not happen. You shut down with 3 minutes left in the run to the dam leaving two boats to complete the run. We all know the danger of the logs and the carnage they could cause. With full attention and some luck we were OK. My passenger wore a Lifeline jacket while I went without but of course wore the tether. And you're not the only one who has a significant investment in your boat. So, who else complained and why? You put these accusations out here for everyone to see so we will not be concluding this via PMs.

tylogans 22
05-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Carl,
As you know I had 5 passengers in my boat and I was told that you in fact made a move towards Stan boat that caused him to take drastic actions and cut behind my boat. Sorry Carl but Stan is a world champion boat driver and he is not going to all of sudden cut behind my boat for the thrill of it he had to do it becasue of you. You can say what you want about being the 2nd fatest boat but I have news for you if we had to chance to line them up on Saturady with all the boat's, my boat would have been out ran by Phil's Cig 20 (speaking from personal experience his boat his faster than mine) Stan is in the process of breaking in his engine and he is being smart about it once his engine is broke in look out tripple digits all day.

Also when we were at lunch do you have any idea the waves that you created when you were tooling around in the no-wake zone? Needless to say I did not enjoy seeing seeing everyone's boat mine included getting slammed up against the docks.

Running back to 76 falls do you remember cutting off a white 22 with a red stripe?

You have thousands invested in your boat and you only have 1 lifeline in your boat.

take care,
Gregg

Yellow Devil

Carl C
05-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Carl,
As you know I had 5 passengers in my boat and I was told that you in fact made a move towards Stan boat that caused him to take drastic actions and cut behind my boat. Sorry Carl but Stan is a world champion boat driver and he is not going to all of sudden cut behind my boat for the thrill of it he had to do it becasue of you. You can say what you want about being the 2nd fatest boat but I have news for you if we had to chance to line them up on Saturady with all the boat's, my boat would have been out ran by Phil's Cig 20 (speaking from personal experience his boat his faster than mine) Stan is in the process of breaking in his engine and he is being smart about it once his engine is broke in look out tripple digits all day.

Also when we were at lunch do you have any idea the waves that you created when you were tooling around in the no-wake zone? Needless to say I did not enjoy seeing seeing everyone's boat mine included getting slammed up against the docks.

Running back to 76 falls do you remember cutting off a white 22 with a red stripe?

You have thousands invested in your boat and you only have 1 lifeline in your boat.

take care,
Gregg

Yellow Devil

The passes are on the video, Gregg. That does not lie. We did make one low speed circle in front of the restaurant before seeing the buoys and realizing an honest mistake. Is that where the complaints came from? Yes, I screwed up briefly there but we weren't going fast either and I've never been on this lake before and don't know where all of the no wake zones are. I also did not know where we were going on the run to the dam which is why I never got in front. I was following you.

No, I do not recall cutting off a white 22.

I did one slow circle well away from the docks and the docks are well padded so I doubt I did any damage.

I have several Lifelines and several neoprenes. I just said that I chose not to wear one.

Forget the second fastest boat comment for awhile. That was just smack talk for crying out loud! All the boats were present at the beginning of that run. We passed the two cig 20s while idling through the no wake zone. They chose not to participate. I'm well aware of Stan's situation and he admitted to running 90+ during the event.

Show me on that video where I cut Stan off and forced him across your wake. Did not happen!

This is really disappointing.

roadtrip se
05-26-2015, 09:15 AM
The passes are on the video, Gregg. That does not lie. We did make one low speed circle in front of the restaurant before seeing the buoys and realizing an honest mistake. Is that where the complaints came from? Yes, I screwed up briefly there but we weren't going fast either and I've never been on this lake before and don't know where all of the no wake zones are. I also did not know where we were going on the run to the dam which is why I never got in front. I was following you.

No, I do not recall cutting off a white 22.

I did one slow circle well away from the docks and the docks are well padded so I doubt I did any damage.

I have several Lifelines and several neoprenes. I just said that I chose not to wear one.

Forget the second fastest boat comment for awhile. That was just smack talk for crying out loud! All the boats were present at the beginning of that run. We passed the two cig 20s while idling through the no wake zone. They chose not to participate. I'm well aware of Stan's situation and he admitted to running 90+ during the event.

Show me on that video where I cut Stan off and forced him across your wake. Did not happen!

This is really disappointing.

This is the first AOTH I have missed, due to serving out a two weeks notice period for an upcoming career change.

I did stay close to text, email, and phone during the run. To a person, all commented on the haphazard, careless, and outright dangerous moves Carl C seemed to throw around randomly on the water. I heard of at least six different accounts of direct cut offs and evasion maneuvers executed due to aggressive moves made by the yellow boat.

I have run at 90+ with Gregg. He keeps a line and everyone wears a vest. Stan's reputation and background stands on its own. If these two guys state that Carl C cut Stan off, I believe it, and I don't give two cents about what the video shows.

As a former part of the organizing committee for AOTH, I would have thrown your ass out of the rally under my watch, Carl C. There is no excuse for dangerous behavior at a group run. None. And this isn't about this forum, its about your actions, Carl, so live up to them instead of denying them. Too many witnesses out there saw it, so you don't have much of a choice at this point.

Inferno
05-26-2015, 09:19 AM
Carl ..I'm NOT going to beat this dead horse .. But I want you to know that when Gregg and I were running side by side (20 feet apart) at only 70 and you decided to come on my right side . I'm looking at my gauges (new engine ,first time out) and watching Gregg when you came up . The next thing is your putting it on and getting closer by the second. My wife grabbed my arm and that when I swung it over Greggs transom as not to collide with you . If I had decided to put the power to it I would have taken us out. When running aside of another boat YOU keep a min of "30" feet away unless I know you and feel comfortable with your driving skills . Also you must of always keep a STRAIGHT LINE not cut in front !!!! Thats why one minute I was on Greggs right side then in 5 secoends on his left . I'm telling you this not to be a dick, but so you will learn that these are not Go Karts ....... I would have loved to run 3 a breast, but not you who was 5 feet away and coming closer of which I've had never seen you drive a boat . I was paying attention to Gregg , gauges , wood and now your spraying me on my right side and coming closer. Your Video will not show it cause it was straight and not turned towards us . You will see me once and then getting away from you as soon as possible . However ask anyone as I'll drive 2 inches from you if I know you.... I'm not afraid as in racing we would bump all the time at 120 but with a new boat ,my wife in it and wood all over that was stupid. I have taught a lot of people how to drive fast boats and have a few Boat Racing Championships under my belt and yes you got my attention fast with what you did . Enough said ..Drive a staight line ,don't cut , and stay 30 feet way as if they hook believe me there will be DEATHS !!!!!!!!!!! 27 of my best racing friends are in heaven from boats..............

Carl C
05-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Carl ..I'm NOT going to beat this dead horse .. But I want you to know that when Gregg and I were running side by side (20 feet apart) at only 70 and you decided to come on my right side . I'm looking at my gauges (new engine ,first time out) and watching Gregg when you came up . The next thing is your putting it on and getting closer by the second. My wife grabbed my arm and that when I swung it over Greggs transom as not to collide with you . If I had decided to put the power to it I would have taken us out. When running aside of another boat YOU keep a min of "30" feet away unless I know you and feel comfortable with your driving skills . Also you must of always keep a STRAIGHT LINE not cut in front !!!! Thats why one minute I was on Greggs right side then in 5 secoends on his left . I'm telling you this not to be a dick, but so you will learn that these are not Go Karts ....... I would have loved to run 3 a breast, but not you who was 5 feet away and coming closer of which I've had never seen you drive a boat . I was paying attention to Gregg , gauges , wood and now your spraying me on my right side and coming closer. Your Video will not show it cause it was straight and not turned towards us . You will see me once and then getting away from you as soon as possible . However ask anyone as I'll drive 2 inches from you if I know you.... I'm not afraid as in racing we would bump all the time at 120 but with a new boat ,my wife in it and wood all over that was stupid. I have taught a lot of people how to drive fast boats and have a few Boat Racing Championships under my belt and yes you got my attention fast with what you did . Enough said ..Drive a staight line ,don't cut , and stay 30 feet way as if they hook believe me there will be DEATHS !!!!!!!!!!! 27 of my best racing friends are in heaven from boats..............

I was never closer than 30 feet to your boat. I passed you well on the outside and there was never a chance of colliding. Maybe your wife doesn't like to go fast. I mean that respectfully, not all women do. I have video of almost all of the 60 miles we ran at this event and when I figure out how to downsize them so they don't take hours to upload I will post every bit of it. Look at the video. I don't need to learn from you. I've driven high performance boats for 30 years and this one for ten. Five feet away? Did you look at the video?

Carl C
05-26-2015, 10:11 AM
This is the first AOTH I have missed, due to serving out a two weeks notice period for an upcoming career change.

I did stay close to text, email, and phone during the run. To a person, all commented on the haphazard, careless, and outright dangerous moves Carl C seemed to throw around randomly on the water. I heard of at least six different accounts of direct cut offs and evasion maneuvers executed due to aggressive moves made by the yellow boat.

I have run at 90+ with Gregg. He keeps a line and everyone wears a vest. Stan's reputation and background stands on its own. If these two guys state that Carl C cut Stan off, I believe it, and I don't give two cents about what the video shows.

As a former part of the organizing committee for AOTH, I would have thrown your ass out of the rally under my watch, Carl C. There is no excuse for dangerous behavior at a group run. None. And this isn't about this forum, its about your actions, Carl, so live up to them instead of denying them. Too many witnesses out there saw it, so you don't have much of a choice at this point.

And I don't give two cents about your opinion. You've already proven what an ass you are.

Just Say N20
05-26-2015, 10:31 AM
And here we go again. :nilly: Edit: this comment refers to the "he said - he said" nature of this thread. It has nothing to do with the following comments. Please read those as intended; Stan has a ton of driving experience that could benefit virtually everyone on this site, myself included.

Pretend the following is a separate post, having nothing to do with the previous comments, which referred ONLY to the nature of the thread.

I have taught a lot of people how to drive fast boats and have a few Boat Racing Championships under my belt ..............

I have been driving "fast" boats for 35 years, and I WISH I could get some instructions from someone with your experience. :) :worthy:

Anyone who thinks they can't learn something from someone more accomplished should stop and consider what they are actually saying.

Does that clarify things?

Ghost
05-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Couple of thoughts. First, like many I'm a little leery of posting anything out of deference to the event organizers. But if this conversation is going to exist, it strikes me that a few things merit examination.

Just for clarity, the problem with the mess in the no-wake zone was not about not-knowing the lake. It would be an issue even if there wasn't any no-wake zone at all. Regardless of how the water was marked, it was pulling away from a restaurant dock with a whole slew of boats known to be tied up there, many from this group, and turning it into a washing machine. A whole group of folks in the restaurant went running from their tables to keep their and others' boats from being banged up. It wasn't just a single pull-away either. Viewed from the restaurant, it was heading off to the left, turning and coming back to the the right, then turning and going left again, which I believe is the loop you mentioned. But I think it's worth understanding the complaint had nothing to do with not-knowing the lake's no-wake zones, just a general situational awareness/consideration issue. Regardless of any no-wake zone or lack of it, the REASON for the no-wake zone was known and should have been treated as such regardless of any markings or lack of markings.

I would not be surprised if some folks don't care to go into any of it here because it will just be an unpleasant conversation, but if one is concerned about the veracity of some of the other statements, I will say I heard at least 4 unsolicited, independent complaints consistent with what's stated above. I say this not to give a hard time, but as friendly feedback. I'd want to know if I'd given such an impression. Someone gave a great speech one time asking an audience what it feels like to be wrong about something. People said it felt embarrassing, frustrating, etc. The speaker went on to acknowledge that all of those things were common reactions to FINDING OUT one was wrong. But the important point is that BEING wrong about something feels EXACTLY like being right.

The video is an interesting and I think potentially easily-misunderstood piece of evidence. It's forward-facing. With no lanes painted on the lake and the other craft in question behind or alongside, the video doesn't tell anyone much about whether anyone behind or off the stern quarter was cut off. Even more difficult to sort out is that the implicit "road" on the water turns corners with some of the shoreline, sometimes abrupt but more often longer and gradual. So even if one watches the horizon and sees no course changes on the film, it is still possible that someone was cut off. Put another way, it's possible to drive perfectly straight and still cut someone off. (Not claiming that is what is being said, BTW, just talking about the limits of what the vide COULD EVER prove.) And very subtle changes visible by watching the horizon could be significant for boats very close by. What does edging 20-30 feet sideways over a couple seconds show on the video with no boats in view ahead? What's it even look like? The fish-eye lens of a Go-Pro also badly exaggerates distance to the sides, making it that much harder to assess anything having to do with shoreline, and making the boats that are at times seen in view look a lot further away than they actually are. It's a pain, as many of us have played with GoPros to try to get footage of other's boats. To get anything decent on film you have to get much closer than people would normally drive. The point is that it is a mistake to think the video proves the complaint is wrong. I can totally see how someone might watch the video and think "I don't see anything like that" but that's a mistake. Regardless of what happened, the forward-facing video with no other boats in frame isn't going to show it. I watched the video and found it interesting how misleading it was that there was no indication of certain things I did witness firsthand, just due to the forward-view and distance distortion to the sides.

For absolute clarity, I didn't witness the event Stan mentioned--I was looking forward. My point is simply that the video isn't exculpatory as claimed above--it CAN'T be. A rearward-facing video would be needed to know what took place behind the boat and the relative movements of the boats.

What I will say is that afterward, with boats gathered at a stop in the run and creeping around at idle speed, if someone came alongside shouted angrily at me after a segment of a run like that, I wouldn't ignore the person and say nothing because I didn't know what the he was talking about. I'd have wanted to know what he was talking about. Saying nothing in that circumstance, instead of finding out what was the matter, doesn't feel like the right approach. Perhaps not the conversation one would want to have, but a necessary one to find out what was up, perception, reality, or whatever.

Last, I will say that I think pulling close into somebody's 2 o'clock at 60+ MPH (or even at 30 MPH) and holding one's hands up in the air for 5 seconds and looking sideways is not a good idea. In that position, taking one's hands off the wheel at all is very inconsiderate. Any number of things could go wrong at any time, but in a lake known to have lots of logs floating around, even more so.

Having driven in only a few of these events, I think it's a bit daunting to be in relatively close proximity to a bunch of very fast boats all up over 50 or 60 mph or more. It takes some getting used to and even with some hours of seat time I feel like I am in still the very early stages. FWIW, when someone with Stan's many years of racing tells me something about driving a boat, I am all ears and appreciate the free guidance from an experienced professional. Even if he'd have yelled at me boat-to-boat, I'd have tried to follow up and figure out what was up. So, while quietly being pulled aside for some friendly advice would have been preferable, and while it may be difficult at this stage in the conversation, some open reflection on what others have said feels like it would still be the most useful course.

Lenny
05-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Interesting read. Please keep it polite folks

:)

roadtrip se
05-26-2015, 11:34 AM
And I don't give two cents about your opinion. You've already proven what an ass you are.

Actually Carl, very little opinion was shared here. And as for being an ass, thanks for showing me the way.

jl1962
05-26-2015, 11:57 AM
This is an important discussion.

I know that it is entirely possible for two people to have diametrically opposed opinions of the same incident. In fact, it happens all the time. I come into this holding open the possibility that Carl is being 100% honest and that Stan is too.

BUT - Safety first.

If just one participant on a run feels a pass or maneuver was aggressive or too close, it probably was and at a minimum, adjustments must be made and respected to keep everyone in their comfort zone. These runs (and the success of this and other Donzi events) are all predicated on safety and respecting people's comfort zones. It doesn't matter if the concern comes from a very experienced driver like Stan, or any other driver. We all like to have a safe zone around our boats, add in an unfamiliar lake, objects floating in the water, unfamiliar participants running in close ranks and in Stan's case, a new boat - and the answer is obvious. Safety first.

There's no shame in talking about it and there's no shame in dialing it down the next time out on the lake. And in this case, it's a cheap lesson for all of us.

Peace

Ed Donnelly
05-26-2015, 11:58 AM
Carl I was the person who kept on trying to get you to go to the Awakening
But you worked weekends. When you gave up the weekend job, I asked you again to join us.....

This is being stated so you know I am not attacking you, just pointing out some facts..

You cut off Ralph in the Magnum. Rob and I were both passengers.
Stan told me about you cutting him off before he talked to you and he was pissed
As far as his wife being afraid of going fast....That is funny.....
She has bigger B*lls than I have

As far as Tan not teaching you a thing or two about driving.....
Betty Cook had my 16 up to 80 within 10 minutes of driving it
She showed me where I was over correcting
I have driven my 16 and 22 over 100 but would be thrilled if Stan were to give me a few pointers..There is a difference between hitting a 100 for a few seconds
And driving for hours at that speed...Please take this as my thoughts on the subject.......Ed

Inferno
05-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Bill , Before you make a judgement on me why don't you call Ed D ??? I didn't say I'm gods gift to driving.. I said I been racing a long time and if you don't keep a straight line keep away from me !!!! Some people can buy a fast boat and have no idea what it will do and thats one reason I won't run anywhere with someone I don't trust 100 % .Normally I would not have answered this BS but if one person can learn from mistakes made thats one that might be alive tomorrow ......

BUIZILLA
05-26-2015, 12:09 PM
I believe in Chapmans Rules of the Road, it clearly states that the overtaking, or approaching vessel, NEVER has the right-a-way. EVER.

I guess we'll wait until Drew, Drew's father, Ralph, Connie, chime in, oh and Susan too...

I think the pissed off eye witness list is well over a dozen people Carl, not including other restaurant patrons, and management, do you REALLY think all of them are wrong? I doubt it..

man up to some constructive criticism, your not above that, accept it for what it offers, apologize, and move on as they say, your eyes never lie to your brain, and there wasn't 20+ liars conspiring and making up the same stories

great video, but it's worthless for the 300* of what it, or you, didn't show going on

Just Say N20
05-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Bill , Before you make a judgement on me why don't you call Ed D ??? I didn't say I'm gods gift to driving.. I said I been racing a long time and if you don't keep a straight line keep away from me !!!! Some people can buy a fast boat and have no idea what it will do and thats one reason I won't run anywhere with someone I don't trust 100 % .Normally I would not have answered this BS but if one person can learn from mistakes made thats one that might be alive tomorrow ......

Apparently I was not as clear as Ghost in my remarks, as 2 people have commented on my post.

I thought I was conveyiedng the idea, that if someone with the driving experience Stan documented, offered me some advise on high speed driving, I would be all ears. Furthermore, that anyone with fewer credentials, like me with 35 years of fast boating experience, thought they knew it all, they were missing out on a great opportunity for improvement.

I must go back and re-read my previous post to see why it was mis-interpreted, apparently 180 degrees out of what I intended.

Stan, I said what I did out of respect for your experience, not to suggest anything else.

Inferno
05-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Carl ..Anyways you owe me Thank You cause when you cut off Ed D ,Rob, Drew and his father ..Drew was coming to punch you . I calmed him down and told him to calm down as we don't need this on the dock . Then others came to me to discuss you and my answer was "just let him enjoy himself and don't let him get close" ... We didn't need a fight on the dock !!!!!!!!! Peace

Inferno
05-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Bill, Thanks ... But everyday driving fast boats we learn something and believe me I'm learning each day with this new one . I have no idea what it will do next as people warned me about a 22. I'm use to driving 38-40 footers so this is a totally new experience. Peace