PDA

View Full Version : An instant addiction to [17 outboard donzi]?

finn
05-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Hello all,im new to the site and would like to thank donzi .net for including me.

I would like to indulge in some real time donzi knowledge if i may and hoped this is the place.

thanks to anyone in advance for there help at identifying my latest project and top of my spare time gobblers

a 17 ft outboad called mo-shun. i think it to be a donzi or a distant aussie relative.

many a long night has been dedicated to finding out what the best riding 17 ft boat hull i and as many people as i

have had the pleasure to give a ride in all agree.is?

every day im unable to go without delivering a story of its greatness as a watercraft to some unsuspecting punter.

it looks crap to most and gets laughed at by others as in the hervey bay marina theres some hot s---t boats, the

pro fish guides and the like soon stop giggln when we get round em in bay chop and get first drop at the bait

grounds fill the buckets and head out to open water at a good cruisin speed their $40k and up boats of any material

style size n hp could match. but i know and the go pro could show how wet or sore their asses are trying .and us

laughing back at their dolled up custom ride, as the trim up throttle down mo-shun flattens out gnarly chop nice as.

have to say i love it. cant get a feelin like it anywhere else.do you think it a donzi?

Chop ,there is no chop.

Finn

yeller
05-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the site.
The top deck is not a Donzi, so the boat is probably a copy of the 16 Classic. There were a lot of companies that splashed the 16 Classic. My 1st boat was a 16 copy, but just because it didn't have the Donzi name on the side didn't make it any less fun!
Call it whatever you want....as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters. :yes:

Lenny
05-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Looks VERY close to the 16 tho. I also do not see any hook in the last 18" of the hull ??? which should be there. But maybe it is just the photos.

Looks like a great ride !

Check out this link and a 16 OB. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?70550-1971-16-outboard

:)

mattyboy
05-26-2015, 12:49 PM
down under boat???

admiral donzi had a license deal to sell a 16 like ob in the land down under

Lenny
05-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Finn, here's a read for you and maybe some leads. http://www.boatpoint.com.au/content/reviews/1999/donzi/donzi-16-9042

finn
06-15-2015, 10:51 AM
have to compare transom and o.b.well.
this o.b has a descent ballast tank all the way to to nose.
ive plumbed it and filled it went to launch, well sunk it deep and only barely managed to push it off the trailer.
the nose 2 inch above water at rest outboard up near clouds.i had 13/4 clear hose ran from tank up bimney frame to show tank level.
throw it overboard to lower tank level. tryin to find best amount to ballast.hoped for more stability at rest and better ride [hard to]in the rough.
full was overkill ,oceanliner penetration ,fuel munching .I let a lot out b4 it felt right .about 30litres I now run and its so far foreward it
it a noticeable effect when carring 100 l of fuel50 centre 50 rear.
only 2 people have recognized the hull as a donzi or donzcraft .1 the guy about 60 who told me it was a old donzi, closest I had was carribean jaguar.
the 2nd guy at hervey bay beach as I beach launch informed me of the greatness of the exact hull as he raced one with 2x 225 ob motors and was never beaten.
he had driven race boats for hains signature and others and never raced a better boat than one 17 ft twin ob same as mine ,i explained to him that he must be talking about a 22ft boat but he had no doubt it was 17 ft just like that he said ,best boat I ever raced were his words.
I quickly bragged about hosing my father in laws Yamaha jet ski which does 66mph,[on flat water].we raced off the beach into headwind 2-3ft chop ,holeshot went to him and I was not gonna back off til death but overtook him quickly and laughed like the devil as I skipped away sometimes fully airborne to another unsuspected and most glorious win as he sustained injuries from the pounding the ski delivered .f--k that is a good hull he said ,u should see it,almost completely out of the water .other bigger boats have had the same hosing delivered as the devil laughes at there efforts to maintain some pride in their vessel which has been shattered by mo-shun.
true s--t.8235782358823598236082361

Morgan's Cloud
06-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Well the yellow hull certainly appears to have the hook in it but the white one not only appears to be missing the hook but also has turned down chines.

I'd try running it without any ballast . I can't see why a hull with that much reserve bouyancy and a single outboard would need any weight forward .

yeller
06-15-2015, 12:17 PM
I'd try running it without any ballast . I can't see why a hull with that much reserve bouyancy and a single outboard would need any weight forward .
I'm 100% with MG. Scrap the ballast tank.