PDA

View Full Version : Just a Video, Getting Ready For AOTH!

Carl C
05-04-2015, 09:35 AM
:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPVi3EkEHmQ

Ed Donnelly
05-04-2015, 11:43 AM
What's your lanyard tied to?..Ed

Morgan's Cloud
05-04-2015, 12:52 PM
How do you get everyone's sun shades to stay on ? :boggled:

Carl C
05-04-2015, 01:13 PM
What's your lanyard tied to?..Ed

My shorts. Look closely.

How do you get everyone's sun shades to stay on ? :boggled:

Superglue. :p

Morgan's Cloud
05-04-2015, 01:42 PM
My shorts. Look closely.

Superglue. :p

I was afraid you might say self tapping screws :biggrin.:

chip w
05-05-2015, 12:26 PM
I'll recommend super glue to my wife (Jen). She's lost glasses turning around like that. There one minute :cool!: and gone the next :confused:.

Carl C
05-05-2015, 01:49 PM
I'll recommend super glue to my wife (Jen). She's lost glasses turning around like that. There one minute :cool!: and gone the next :confused:.

lol I have one pair on the bottom of Lake Huron when someone thought it would be funny to push me in the water and another pair on the bottom of Lake Erie from a stuff. Expensive prescription glasses too! I do use a yellow floaty/tie on the big water. I keep a bag of cheap sunglasses on board for anyone who needs them. I heated the ear parts on mine and bent them at a pretty sharp angle so they don't fly off easily. :cool!:

wwahl
05-05-2015, 08:39 PM
I have about four pair of ski goggles under the dash. Once you get up to the 88 mph range you really need these.

Carl C
05-06-2015, 07:40 AM
I have about four pair of ski goggles under the dash. Once you get up to the 88 mph range you really need these.

Oh yeah, ear plugs or headband too. Especially with no windshield. Look how the skin on our faces is distorted at just 80 mph!

tmdog
05-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the video and a good one too. Instead of compliments on video, questions arose about lanyard.:bonk: Did you have the plug in and were you carrying a fire extinguisher. You get the point.

Carl C
05-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the video and a good one too. Instead of compliments on video, questions arose about lanyard.:bonk: Did you have the plug in and were you carrying a fire extinguisher. You get the point.

Yeah, Ed knows me better than that too. . . . Even have full steering. lol

chip w
05-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Hey, it is an awesome video! I love the roller coaster hands in the air thing. Awesome! And yeah, I caught the cheeks blowing back. That's one of the great things about these boats.

Where were you when you made the video?

Carl C
05-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Hey, it is an awesome video! I love the roller coaster hands in the air thing. Awesome! And yeah, I caught the cheeks blowing back. That's one of the great things about these boats.

Where were you when you made the video?

This is on the local pond, Lake Oakland. I'll get some good videos on the big water when it warms up more. This is one of my first GoPro videos.

Morgan's Cloud
05-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Look how the skin on our faces is distorted at just 80 mph!

Well , I've taken out what one might describe as a few 'portly' chicks and that happens at 40 mph , and they love it .

However , they might beat themselves to death on your boat . :biggrin.:

chip w
05-07-2015, 03:28 PM
This is on the local pond, Lake Oakland. I'll get some good videos on the big water when it warms up more. This is one of my first GoPro videos.

We just got a GoPro this spring and I've done one video so far. It's really easy to edit with their software and add music if you want to. Unfortunately we aren't doing videos right now as the motor is out to replace the transom seal and anything else that catches our attention. Hope to be back in the water in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to your next video on the big water!

Carl C
05-08-2015, 06:48 AM
We just got a GoPro this spring and I've done one video so far. It's really easy to edit with their software and add music if you want to. Unfortunately we aren't doing videos right now as the motor is out to replace the transom seal and anything else that catches our attention. Hope to be back in the water in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to your next video on the big water!

I hope to have a nice video put together of the AOTH runs. Also some good vids of running 80 over 2 footers on Lake St. Clair. Maybe record an entire 80 mile run to Put-in-Bay. The GoPro was intimidating at first but is really very simple to use. The phone app is cool but keeping the cam off-line increases battery life so now I record manually. It has an advanced audio system that mutes down loud sounds like the engine and wind and picks up even soft conversation. It also picks up the whine of the straight cut XR gears that you can't hear while running. I've been using the case with the open back. Normally the engine would drown out any other sounds. The GoPro is really cool. There are many imitators but I doubt any equals!

MDonziM
05-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Cool video Carl! The boat sounds strong. Funny, I don't remember getting the facial skin waves on my 22 but I also lowered my seat mounts by 3" or so and that put most of the blast zone from the eyes/forehead up. You get the full blast on my Magnum, its pretty funny.

- Marshall