PDA

View Full Version : 20th Dust-Off June 19-21 2015

mattyboy
04-03-2015, 08:54 AM
The Lake George Donzi Classic Club is Celebrating 2 decades of Donzi Classics

for more info click here (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/events/Event.Detail.asp?id=709724002)

mattyboy
04-05-2015, 10:16 AM
looks like our host venue The Algonquin will have their winter project finished up for our visit

neat project well done !

http://poststar.com/news/local/hacker-restaurant-raise-the-bar/article_32e9e04e-d990-5966-a61c-6e148b0a2f55.html

jl1962
04-11-2015, 05:33 AM
Looks very nice :yes:

Matty - perhaps we could get you excused from that wedding obligation.
My father in law is a retired physician and might be willing to provide a note.
Although medically impossible, my kids have had the chicken pox four or five times......Each! They just keep coming down with things, especially on nice weekends.
;)

Scott Pearson
04-15-2015, 06:19 PM
I will be heading up on Saturday to The Algonquin for the grand opening of the new bar. I will also be going over the menu with them for the awards dinner for our Dust-Off. Anyone have any requests?

We have some exciting things planned for the Dust-off weekend that we will be posting shortly. Tammy has put something cool together for the Donzi Ladies! Should be very fun and interesting...Get you art skills sharpened!

We also will be doing killer shirts this year! We have a very will know artist who will be doing our 20th Anniversary art work. We are really thinking out of the box on these and I'm sure everyone will lining up to get them.

So who's in for the longest running Donzi Club in the world!!?? Make sure you get all the details at www.lgdonziclassic.com (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com)! Come one come all!

mattyboy
05-26-2015, 09:08 PM
the deadline for registration for the event is nearing just about 5 days left

for the first timer be prepared for an enjoyable day have a PFD for everyone in the boat and have a full tank when you get to the Algonquin in the morning there is a gas dock right next door.

for the registration form click here (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pdfs/reg.pdf)

for our safety procedures click here (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pdfs/Safety.pdf)

and all the new topside bar at the algonquin needs is a few LGDCC Coasters

Scott Pearson
05-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Tammy wanted me to post this for all the ladies going to the Dust-Off. So please let your wives or your girlfriends know! Should be a fun time for the girls! Plus they can win an awesome prize!

Ok Ladies.....
Looking forward to seeing you all in June for the Dust Off!!
This year I wanted to do something special and silly to spend time with just the girls. So we have come up with a little arts and crafts project. Friday afternoon we will be creating our own "Port o Jane"!! In the spirit of just spending some time together and having fun. Here's the deal: We will gather in the common area of Twin Bay. Bring your own bucket/noodle and any craft supplies you want. We wi...ll spend the afternoon creating, drinking, bonding and laughing!!! But it gets better ---- this is a contest!! Our creations will be judged by not only club members but also anyone staying at Twin Bay and also at The Algonquin Saturday morning. Who ever gets the most votes will win a $100.00 Spa Finder gift card!!!!!
The winner will be announced Saturday night at dinner.
If you forget a bucket we will have extras for you. We have not had a chance for the ladies to spend some quality time together and this seems like fun! So get your creative energies flowing girls!!! Can't wait to spend some good old fashion fun together!!!! Please tag yourself and anyone else on here. See you soon!!!!!

mattyboy
06-09-2015, 08:59 AM
last minute things to remember

PFD's for everyone in the boat

get a lake permit available at most Marinas like Chic's next door to the Algonquin

Get the boat inspected before you launch at one of the inspection site most members use

http://www.norowalmarina.com/hours-rates/

make sure the tank is full when you get to the Algonquin Sat. morning

be prepared to have a great time at the longest running gathering dedicated to THE DONZI CLASSIC

mattyboy
06-19-2015, 05:46 AM
safe travels everyone sorry we're gonna miss it this year

mattyboy
06-21-2015, 07:47 AM
looks like TS Bob never made it up there and the weather was great for the run looks like some awesome vintage classics showed up looking fwd to the pics

if anyone wants to test their knowledge

jl1962
06-21-2015, 08:13 PM
It was a really good Dust-Off.

An awesome mix of boats and people.
Mighty Mouse, Pzazz, the Pumpkin and that was just for starters....
I only got a few pictures due to phone charging issues, but fortunately BV came through in spades (as usual) with a hundred or so on the Club's Facebook page.

Friday- Really rough and windy out of the north. Sometimes a picture doesn't convey how rough it is but Brad has one of the Saint that looks like it could be the Bismarck in the North Sea! I think only EJ and Gary made an effort to run fast when it was really snotty. Fortunately last light was almost 9:30 PM so most of us got an after dinner boat ride after a nice dinner at the Lakeside.

Saturday - Chamber of Commerce weather, as they say. Just about perfect with a real chilly Adirondack start. About 20 of us on the run, I had Bob and Joanne from Winnie along as passengers b/c their GT 21 wasn't ready - nice folks. A great lunch at the Algonquin, a long afternoon on the lake and it even warmed up enough for a quick swim - the lake is 69.4 degrees according to a friendly fisherman with a well instrumented boat at Twin Bay. A great dinner upstairs at the new Hacker Bar - lots of Adirondack IPAs and terrific horseradish w/ the prime rib. Great trivia contest and cool auction items - I won a 1960's Mercruiser full color add featuring a Formula Jr.

Sunday - the heavy rain was through but still a little drizzle till about 9:30 and then dry, mixed sunshine and much warmer - and the lake was just about empty. On the trailer by noon.

My favorite boat was the beautiful and very original '67 red/white barrel back owned by Bill and Carol from Buffalo. At first I thought it could've been Matty's old 16, then I saw the transom.

Big thanks to Scott and Tammy and our hosts at Twin Bay. Matty, you and Marie were missed, hope to see you at the picnic.

mattyboy
06-24-2015, 06:50 AM
looks like there were more orange and yellow boats this year than the red and blue ones

yeller
06-24-2015, 02:24 PM
It was a really good Dust-Off.

An awesome mix of boats and people.
Mighty Mouse, Pzazz, the Pumpkin and that was just for starters....
I only got a few pictures due to phone charging issues, but fortunately BV came through in spades (as usual) with a hundred or so on the Club's Facebook page.
I'm guessing the blue 40th in the pics is yours? I love that color for the Anni Editions.

Can you post a link to the Facebook pics. Thanks.

jl1962
06-24-2015, 02:29 PM
I'm guessing the blue 40th in the pics is yours? I love that color for the Anni Editions.

Can you post a link to the Facebook pics. Thanks.

Thanks!
It's the only one that color.
You may need to request to join the group to see the pictures.
I'll vouch for you! ;)

In the meantime:

Now you see it:

No you don't:

Back into hiding till August :(