PDA

View Full Version : Thermal camera (FLIR)

Conquistador_del_mar
03-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Some of you might be interested in a relatively new and inexpensive technology thermal camera that connects to your smartphone to be able to find hot spots in your engine compartment or other uses. After you download the free app, you can both look at anything and take pictures or videos in quite a few color palettes. It also has features of reading the actual temperature and finding the hot spots which it pinpoints with crosshairs and reads in Fahrenheit or Celsius. You can also set your app to take actual visible light and infrared pictures which will be saved separately for comparison usage. SEEK is the name of the product. Be sure to get the correct one for your smartphone (IOS or Android). You will want the new SEEK-XR (extended range) which has a focus ring at the front of the camera compared to the set focus original SEEK. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and the SEEK camera plugs into the micro USB port. All this technology for less than $250! Here is a picture I took last night after I had not driven my car for about 45 minutes. I figured some of you guys might want one of these and did not know about them (like myself until a couple weeks ago).

http://www.thermal.com/thermal-cameras/