PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

Conquistador_del_mar
11-22-2014, 11:46 PM
While the site is up and running I wanted to say my goodbyes. It has been interesting, informative, and helpful coming here for the past few years, but it has gotten increasingly sporadic so I am dropping by only occasionally now. If anyone wants to contact me my email is dgill25960@aol.com. Take care, Bill

Carl C
11-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Good luck to you. It would be nice if you pop in and post occasionally. :)

jl1962
11-23-2014, 08:23 AM
There's an ebb and flow to everything.

And then there's five months of winter in the Northeast!

A public forum like this is only as good as its members and you are one of the good ones.

Stop by and say hi and keep us posted on all your cool boats.

:cool:

Ed Donnelly
11-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear. You have been helpful to many people.
At least come back in February for your birthday greeting..Ed

hardcrab
11-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Bill - it doesn't have to be goodbye ......... just farewell for now. Poke in after awhile and it'll be a new climate around here ................. Johan

:cistineb:

ivypandas
11-23-2014, 03:31 PM
I like how the French say au revoir and the Chinese say zai jian, both basically mean see you later. I sad to see you go since I just finished going through and enjoying every post of your Classic 18 restoration thread.

Davis

yeller
11-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Well, you're only stopping by sporadically because you have too many boats to take care of. I keep tellin' ya to dump that Warlock of yours. :biggrin.:

Take care Bill and hope to see you back. :wavey:

Ghost
11-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Bill,

Definitely hope to see you when you drop by on occasion. Learned a lot from your experiences that you've shared. I'll send you my email address. Your everyday presence will be missed around here.

Regards,

Mike

Morgan's Cloud
11-24-2014, 10:04 AM
No need to leave , as has already been said.
Just pop in now and again and if something catches your eye , then speak up and share that experience !
We don't want you to take it with you , you know .:biggrin.:

Conquistador_del_mar
11-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Thanks guys. I mostly wanted to let you all know how much I enjoyed the site and many of you in case it goes down permanently as I have seen other forums close with little warning.

scippy
11-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys. I mostly wanted to let you all know how much I enjoyed the site and many of you in case it goes down permanently as I have seen other forums close with little warning.

Bill.........I can count on one hand those i've really enjoyed and had the pleasure to get to know and also shared something together ..........you sir, onwards!!!

Greg Guimond
11-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Bill wishing you all the best of luck in whatever the future may bring you. Was thinking of ya when I ran to NY Harbor on Monday. I had both the Donzi and the 23 Offshore out during the day. 68 degrees two days ago, 34 degrees and a snow storm today! 48 hour "later" shot of the garage ..... ouch.

Take care in Texas, some pictures to close the door Sir .........

PS: Let me know when you're ready to add a 26 Offshore to the fleet. 23, 26, 28 ..........has a nice ring to it

hardcrab
11-27-2014, 12:02 PM
I couldn't resist posting this .............:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNF4qQLjK1s

Carl C
12-27-2014, 12:37 PM
It does seem to be going downhill which is a shame. I check the Donzi forums every day but spend a lot more time on OSO these days.

Conquistador_del_mar
12-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Bill wishing you all the best of luck in whatever the future may bring you. Was thinking of ya when I ran to NY Harbor on Monday. I had both the Donzi and the 23 Offshore out during the day. 68 degrees two days ago, 34 degrees and a snow storm today! 48 hour "later" shot of the garage ..... ouch.

Take care in Texas, some pictures to close the door Sir .........

PS: Let me know when you're ready to add a 26 Offshore to the fleet. 23, 26, 28 ..........has a nice ring to it

Hi Greg,
I don't plan on adding any more boats, but thanks. I've had two guys try to buy the 23' Warlock after showing it to friends, but we did not even get to the money talk when I told them it was not for sale. A local upholsterer quoted $3500 for the interior work with me supplying the upholstery and taking out the seats so I will let them get more use before spending so much since the interior is not that bad. Take care up there, Bill

Jraysray
01-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Does everyone need to formally say adios... See ya... I'm out etc... If you have ever owned a Donzi and were part of this forum you will check in from time to time. It's in your blood.

I do believe the social media outlets will be the future. Quick in and out's. Just got my d.net subscription expiration notification today. I will resubscribe just cause.

Check in soon.
Scott R

Ghost
01-04-2015, 08:16 PM
I see what you mean. In this case, I think Bill was concerned that the forum itself might disappear, as well as expecting he would stop participating regularly. And thus, wanted to establish other comm links and say farewell otherwise. I hope I have that right--that's my recollection. Also, I've been happy to see him back around somewhat, always enjoy his company, insight and experience.

More generally, and perhaps more to your point, I have observed that folks sometimes get frustrated when participation dwindles, and they sometimes announce a goodbye as part of that.

Conquistador_del_mar
01-04-2015, 10:34 PM
I see what you mean. In this case, I think Bill was concerned that the forum itself might disappear, as well as expecting he would stop participating regularly. And thus, wanted to establish other comm links and say farewell otherwise. I hope I have that right--that's my recollection. Also, I've been happy to see him back around somewhat, always enjoy his company, insight and experience.

More generally, and perhaps more to your point, I have observed that folks sometimes get frustrated when participation dwindles, and they sometimes announce a goodbye as part of that.

Mike,
You nailed my reason for the goodbye. Bill

Donzi Vol
01-05-2015, 03:14 PM
All the best, Bill! I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you the past several years. If you're ever in Knoxville...

-David