PDA

View Full Version : My first oops in the 16

Ed Donnelly
10-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Hope Bill doesn't see this. Last outing of the year and it was COLD
Ran for nearly an hour in 2 and 3 footers under 35 m.p.h.
I was shaking so bad trying to dock her that I created my first
Oops. but it was a final blast before winter storage..Ed

John C in PA
10-24-2014, 08:56 PM
We can dress you up, but we can't take you out. I'll get you a set of fenders for Christmas.

John C

jl1962
10-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Not too bad, Ed.
Next time, wear your glasses!
;)

Toughest landing for me was after dislocating my shoulder several years ago in Lake George. Man, did that hurt, but I was going for a boat ride anyway. After hitting a few waves, and nearly blacking out, I decided that it was maybe not a good idea.

I made it back to TC and greased the boat into the spot and drove to the ER. Fortunately Haver and the boys put the boat away for me.

And the the next morning, with my arm in a sling, I went for a boat ride!

And then there was the time in the sailboat, after a ten hour day, when I put the shifter into Forward rather than Reverse to back the boat down.....the shifter was mounted sideways on the aft part of the cockpit.....couldn't understand why the boat wouldn't slow down.....crunch....

Glad you're enjoying the boat, Ed!

Carl C
10-25-2014, 05:48 AM
My legs got so cold on Lake Michigan once that I was cramping up and almost couldn't walk! That damage is a bummer but not the end of the world. Fix it up for AOTH.

Just Say N20
10-25-2014, 07:49 AM
See what? Glad you are enjoying the boat.

The rub rail was powder coated. I will contact the powder coater Monday and see if they have record of what color they used.

craigdskilling
10-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Ed glad you are out next summer we have to get together in Toronto for a ride.Craig from kithener.:)