PDA

View Full Version : Donzi direct order came in today big disapointment

DONZI-DON
09-12-2014, 06:49 PM
My New carpeting showed up today. They (DONZI DIRECT) said it would take 4-6 weeks and it was almost 6 weeks to the date. I couldn't wait for it to get here so I could put in the boat and admire it. However, upon opening the box and unraveling the carpet the first thing I noticed was NO DONZI LOGO in the carpeting like my original one I was replacing. That was the whole reason I ordered form them rather than have my normal Interior guy do it because he said he would be around $50-$75 more because he would have to come up with the DONZI LOGO and hand stitch it in. And its a little big and it has some slight bagging in the middle of the floor do to being a little to big. And then to boot my interior guy quoted me a $100 cheaper for what I actually got. AARRGGGGGGGG

Lesion learned, I should have asked if the carpeting was a an exact replacement :frown:

hardcrab
09-12-2014, 09:00 PM
it sounds like you didn't ask good questions before you placed the order

Just Say N20
09-12-2014, 10:26 PM
This surprises me a lot. I ordered a replacement carpet from DD for my 1967 Ski-Sporter, with left hand helm, and it fit perfectly, laid flat, etc.

You can see they appear to be different sizes in the pictures. Strange. . .

Carl C
09-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Is the embroidering factory original? Call Josh. He does care about keeping customers happy.

DONZI-DON
09-13-2014, 12:54 PM
It "WASN'T" advertised as having the Logo in it, I assumed it would since it was a factory replacement. I was in hurry the night I ordered it and saw in the picture that the 'WORD" DONZI was in it and I guess after talking with Sunny this morning that it will either be removed from the picture or a note will be added saying NO DONZI Logo in carpeting.

I didn't do this post to backlash DONZI DIRECT, I just was saying 'I was disappointed" and didn't want anyone to order it thinking the Logo would be there. I have restored a couple cars and a boat and I should have asked them before I placed the order which is irrelevant anyways because I still would have ordered it.

Carl C
09-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Hmmmm, if the logo was in the picture that you ordered from . . . . . . . . .

Morgan's Cloud
09-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Hmmmm, if the logo was in the picture that you ordered from . . . . . . . . .

mmm , I agree . Kinda says a lot , eh ?

Actually I think the original ( old one ) looks fine. Better than the carpet I have in my place .. :biggrin.:

What does surprise me is that the carpet is split to go around the seat base . How hard is it to pop the seat bucket off the pedestal and drop the carpet in place and then pop the seat back on ? It would look so much more finished .

DONZI-DON
09-13-2014, 05:35 PM
It's hard to explain about the logo being in the picture so I have attached a picture. It does NOT look like my original but I just figured they changed how they do it now.

Keep in mind like I said I was in hurry the night I ordered it and I saw what appeared to be a logo on the Cockpit Carpet & the Ski Runner Carpet. Sunny from DONZI DIRECT did call me first thing this morning (Saturday) which was impressive. She just wanted to explain that they didn't offer that at this time but are considering adding the logo in the future and she was sorry for the confusion and after hearing what I told her and looking at the picture herself she could understand how I thought it would be so.

Carl C
09-13-2014, 07:20 PM
So you saw the watermarks! Oh well.

DONZI-DON
09-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Yup!