PDA

View Full Version : Lost or Stolen DONZI on Lake George...HELP

Scott Pearson
09-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Attn: Everyone,
Got a call from the Lake George Park Commision this morning regarding a Yellow and Black 16 Donzi that was found on the rock by Depe Dene Resort. There was no HIN# so its a early hull. Also no reg. numbers on the sides of the boat. Any ideas whos boat this is? LGPC is looking for our help.

Offset
09-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Very odd. I hope that the owner/operator is alright. Terrible to think they may have gone overboard and no one realized that. That would be worse than being stolen for certain.

Hopefully there will be a positive outcome with this one.

mattyboy
09-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Very odd. I hope that the owner/operator is alright. Terrible to think they may have gone overboard and no one realized that. That would be worse than being stolen for certain.

Hopefully there will be a positive outcome with this one.

they must know the boat was not underway, a floater and a runaway will appear different when found.

Lenny
09-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Agreed Matty. Bad things that happen to people in motorized things tend to look different than that... that looks better than my stuff that I haven't crashed...

:)

BUIZILLA
09-12-2014, 07:04 AM
no registration numbers?? and no LG permit displayed?

mattyboy
09-12-2014, 09:01 AM
they found a bigger cuddy/cruiser on my lake a few years back it was nosed in up on an island they thought is was a break away and floated there then found the key on and in gear throttle set at idle and out of gas. They found the driver a few days later. The story goes he was at the marina late in the day having a few beers with friends at the end of the season late oct . Putting along he must have went out onto the swim platform to take a leak fell in and that was it

Mr X
09-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Nice boat!

Tidbart
09-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Ok, ok, I will admit it. It's mine.

I was too embarrassed to say that I forgot where I left it. :biggrin.:

Can someone stop by and pick it up for me, and deliver it to Orlando, before the snow comes?

B:thumbsup:

Conquistador_del_mar
09-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Was the boat found in running condition?

aseredin87
09-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Nice boat!

Don't know if my memory serves me right but I am almost positive this boat was for sale on ebay a while ago?

DONZI-DON
09-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Don't know if my memory serves me right but I am almost positive this boat was for sale on ebay a while ago?

SSHHHHHHHH! Insurance is almost ready to pay for it.

bertsboat
09-12-2014, 07:02 PM
With all the hype about inspections and inspections it's hard to believe that the Lake George Police can't figure this one out themselves . They must have some record of it coming to a ramp or something. The lake isn't that big. And there are members here that know every boat on the lake, hard to believe. Doesn't a tag have to be on the bow eye or something to prove that the boat was inspected?

Scott Pearson
09-12-2014, 08:36 PM
The boat is thought to be from somewhere else and not Lake George. Yes...Inspections are required. However...there are ramps on private peoperty and can be used without inspections. Its not legal but it does happen.

mattyboy
09-12-2014, 10:16 PM
With all the hype about inspections and inspections it's hard to believe that the Lake George Police can't figure this one out themselves . They must have some record of it coming to a ramp or something. The lake isn't that big. And there are members here that know every boat on the lake, hard to believe. Doesn't a tag have to be on the bow eye or something to prove that the boat was inspected?

Bert have you ever been to Lake George??????
inspections are only for boats that are not from Lake George , and that just started this year? there are Donzi there that have not been in the water for decades no need for an inspection. But what do tags and stickers mean??? people cover up and hide the real heritage of boats with them all the time don't they ?

mattyboy
09-13-2014, 08:21 AM
the Walen 18 side oiler has not seen the water up there in over a decade it's tags and stickers are out dated. Judging from the shine on that yellow boat I would not be surprised if it is fresh out of a buffing or wet sanding and the numbers haven't been put back on .

the interior looks new too and is much thicker than OE

Scott Pearson
09-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Owner has been found. Not sure of all the details. But looks like it worked out fine.

hardcrab
09-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Ok, ok, I will admit it. It's mine.

I was too embarrassed to say that I forgot where I left it. :biggrin.:

Can someone stop by and pick it up for me, and deliver it to Orlando, before the snow comes?

B:thumbsup:

Owner has been found. Not sure of all the details. But looks like it worked out fine.

:clap:

DONZI-DON
09-14-2014, 08:56 AM
I'd like to hear the full story on this one :nilly:

Carl C
09-14-2014, 09:52 AM
I'd like to hear the fullstory on this one :nilly:

Agreed. We need to hear the final chapter of this captivating mystery.

CL JesseJames
12-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Any more details on this story?

f_inscreenname
12-21-2014, 11:57 AM
I got money on it wasn't tied proper or someone did some drunken swimming.

Pismo
12-23-2014, 06:47 AM
Would love to hear the rest of the story..

Carl C
12-23-2014, 07:35 AM
I guess it's a secret.:yes:

Scott Pearson
12-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Carl...NO SECRET....Have no clue what happened. The LGPC would not say. Why dont you call them and ask what the secret is???? Maybe you can let us all know when you find out!