PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with adding a album to the FORUM

DONZI-DON
08-26-2014, 05:30 PM
I have a valid subscription on the FORUM but I can ADD a Album Name but it doesn't give me the option to add pictures. Now I have 2 Albums named the same thing with no pictures and I can't even delete the Albums. can anyone help with this? :nilly::nilly::bonk::bonk::confused::confused::ban ghead::banghead::screwy::screwy:

hardcrab
08-26-2014, 06:38 PM
try adding on some more animated icons ? ..........:confused::confused::yes::biggrin.:

Lenny
08-26-2014, 11:46 PM
I'll look at it in the am.. my am... ( west coast ) :)

DONZI-DON
08-27-2014, 05:38 PM
try adding on some more animated icons ? ..........:confused::confused::yes::biggrin.:

N O P E, didn't help......................

hardcrab
08-27-2014, 05:52 PM
N O P E, didn't help......................

hmmmm ........... well, that's all I got ..... :confused:

Lenny
08-28-2014, 11:08 AM
I have a valid subscription on the FORUM but I can ADD a Album Name but it doesn't give me the option to add pictures. Now I have 2 Albums named the same thing with no pictures and I can't even delete the Albums. can anyone help with this? :nilly::nilly::bonk::bonk::confused::confused::ban ghead::banghead::screwy::screwy:

Donzi-Don, edit your "skin" colour to the vB4 default style. You will find that the skin colour, ( maybe you have yours set to dark chrome ) does not contrast the bar where the upload photos, edit photos etc, links are.

Go to your albums, put your mouse in the field bar to the right and you will find them hiding in the banner. In other words, your font/skin colour is not allowing you to see them....

:)

DONZI-DON
08-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Donzi-Don, edit your "skin" colour to the vB4 default style. You will find that the skin colour, ( maybe you have yours set to dark chrome ) does not contrast the bar where the upload photos, edit photos etc, links are.

Go to your albums, put your mouse in the field bar to the right and you will find them hiding in the banner. In other words, your font/skin colour is not allowing you to see them....

Have NO IDEA what you are telling me...(edit your "skin" colour to the vB4 default style) not real good with computers.....

Conquistador_del_mar
08-30-2014, 11:36 AM

You aren't the only one. I just added a new album that I called "test album" and messed around on both my PC and my Mac computer trying to figure out how to add pictures to no avail. I have two other albums that I put together a few years ago, but I don't see how to add pictures now.

DONZI-DON
08-30-2014, 07:43 PM
You aren't the only one. I just added a new album that I called "test album" and messed around on both my PC and my Mac computer trying to figure out how to add pictures to no avail. I have two other albums that I put together a few years ago, but I don't see how to add pictures now.

I belong to a couple other FORUMS also and this one by far is the LEAST USER FRIENDLY of them all....:bonk:

Lenny
09-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Go to Community.

Hit albums.

create new album

Name it

Enter it.

Now when it says, " this album contains np photos hit the upload photos/edit album link on the far right .

NOTE: set the "skin" to "default vB4 at the bottom left of your screen, not dark chrome. It makes things easier to see

http://www.donzi.net/forums/album.php?albumid=170

"IF" your default on the bottom left of your screen ( on DONZI.NET ) says "dark chrome " and not vB4 defaut, the upload photos and edit buttons are invisible in the banner...

Conquistador_del_mar
09-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Go to Community.

Hit albums.

create new album

Name it

Enter it.

Now when it says, " this album contains np photos hit the upload photos/edit album link on the far right .

NOTE: set the "skin" to "default vB4 at the bottom left of your screen, not dark chrome. It makes things easier to see

http://www.donzi.net/forums/album.php?albumid=170

I see the upload pictures tab now, but it was hidden in the same "line" in dark charcoal as the name of the album. If you go to the right side of the dark charcoal line, it will highlight the add pictures link.

Lenny
09-01-2014, 11:23 PM
I see the upload pictures tab now, but it was hidden in the same "line" in dark charcoal as the name of the album. If you go to the right side of the dark charcoal line, it will highlight the add pictures link.

BINGO !!! that was what I was saying :)

Go to the bottom left of the entire page and change it to vB4 default.. not chrome, or dark chrome or whatever. Then these problems go away.

DONZI-DON
09-02-2014, 09:40 AM

I must be even DUMBER than I was giving myself credit for....I still don't see anything at bottom right that says "set the "skin" to "default vB4 at the bottom left of your screen, not dark chrome"

AT LEAST I CAN ADD PICTURES NOW TO MY ALBUMS - THANKS LENNY!!!

Lenny
09-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I must be even DUMBER than I was giving myself credit for....I still don't see anything at bottom right that says "set the "skin" to "default vB4 at the bottom left of your screen, not dark chrome"

AT LEAST I CAN ADD PICTURES NOW TO MY ALBUMS - THANKS LENNY!!!

Bottom LEFT ... very bottom of any page... get rid of dark chrome...

DONZI-DON
09-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Bottom LEFT ... very bottom of any page... get rid of dark chrome...

My mouse HAS BEEN ALL OVER THE BOTTOM ,TOP, CENTER, RIGHT .......................NOTHING. Like I said at least I can add pictures now and I know the options are hidden in the grey area. I don't understand why they just don't change the settings for the site by the "Ad Min" so its not so difficult. I'm on 4 other boards and this is the only one that isn't very USER friendly...........OR MAYBE WHEN I LOG ONTO THIS SITE MY BRAIN JUST FALLS TO ****??????

penbroke
09-02-2014, 11:58 AM
The option to change the skin does not appear on my screen either. I remember where it was and I can see it just fine on D.org so I don't think it's a problem on my end...

Frank

Lenny
09-02-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't know why we have this communication gap... :)

Bottom left of this page. Any page. Scroll down to the very bottom. The "skin" is a word used to describe the graphics. YOU are in control of them, not the site.

There is a drop down box that says, vB4 default, default, dark, dark chrome etc etc etc. Use the vB4. This is what the banners and other graphics use for the color they apply to the site. Some are too dark and hide the links within their own dark graphics.

YOU have to change them if you want them to go to default, or, we have to remove the option of having personalized website preferences...

or call me :)

250-361-8234

Lenny
09-02-2014, 03:26 PM
The option to change the skin does not appear on my screen either. I remember where it was and I can see it just fine on D.org so I don't think it's a problem on my end...

Frank

.org has only two profiles for these graphics, " donzi.org and vB4 Default style " which both support easy viewing of these links.

.net has about 5 options... 2 of which don't help a whole lot.

DONZI-DON
09-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't know why we have this communication gap... :)

Bottom left of this page. Any page. Scroll down to the very bottom. The "skin" is a word used to describe the graphics. YOU are in control of them, not the site.

There is a drop down box that says, vB4 default, default, dark, dark chrome etc etc etc. Use the vB4. This is what the banners and other graphics use for the color they apply to the site. Some are too dark and hide the links within their own dark graphics.

YOU have to change them if you want them to go to default, or, we have to remove the option of having personalized website preferences...

or call me :)

250-361-8234

Here are (2) pictures. One of the BOTTOM of this Thread and the other of the BOTTOM of the Main FORUM Page. Do you see a drop down box that says vb4 vB4 default, default, dark, dark chrome etc etc etc? I even asked my nieghbor from accross the street who is a IT guy for GM, he doesn't see it either..........................

Hard to believe I ran a 3.5 Million Dollar gravere 3 story4 station printing press with about 75 buttons...............................

DONZI-DON
09-02-2014, 06:38 PM

Frank

So it's possible some of us CAN'T SEE IT AND WE ARE NOT CRAZY??????

BUIZILLA
09-02-2014, 07:04 PM
I can't see it, because it doesn't appear on my screen either

penbroke
09-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Lenny, I know what it is and I know where it is (or was). I thought maybe it was blue on blue so clicked every few pixels from the left end of the colored bar that it should be in for 1/4 the width of the screen. It's not there. Trust me...

Can you change mine to vB4 from your end? Or add it to the changeable user settings somewhere?

Frank

DONZI-DON
09-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Lenny, I know what it is and I know where it is (or was). I thought maybe it was blue on blue so clicked every few pixels from the left end of the colored bar that it should be in for 1/4 the width of the screen. It's not there. Trust me...

Can you change mine to vB4 from your end? Or add it to the changeable user settings somewhere?

Frank

AMEN, Brother .......I did the same thing you did. NOT THERE!

Lenny
09-02-2014, 10:55 PM
leave it with me... again :)

Lenny
09-03-2014, 12:21 AM
OK, Forum Actions at top, General settings, Miscellaneous options, Forum Skin ( it's there, scroll down ) enable vB4 default and enable WSIWYG.

Folks, you have me baffled as I can view this under many names and they all work fine... any 'puter, many OS.

Which Windows are you using ?

Chrome is my browser

I am on WIN 7 in a few places, WIN 8 in others. Even behind a Corporate Firewall in a couple cases. Internet Explorer also works fine for me.

???

The only way I can get that screenshot ( that folks posted ) without the "skin" option is by NOT logging in to the site. As soon as I log in, or my wife, these options and the "skin" option appear. Without logging in the general settings don't function. Once logged in, " Forum Actions " responds differently with different options. Otherwise, it reads " mark forums read ". Log in and you get more stuff.

Seriously, some one call me and we can sort this out. I can't make it not work, anywhere. 250-361-8234 PST

Thank God I have hair to pull out... :)

:(

Ed Donnelly
09-03-2014, 03:24 AM
Here are (2) pictures. One of the BOTTOM of this Thread and the other of the BOTTOM of the Main FORUM Page. Do you see a drop down box that says vb4 vB4 default, default, dark, dark chrome etc etc etc? I even asked my nieghbor from accross the street who is a IT guy for GM, he doesn't see it either..........................

Hard to believe I ran a 3.5 Million Dollar gravere 3 story4 station printing press with about 75 buttons...............................

Was it a G5000? ..Ed

penbroke
09-03-2014, 07:47 AM
OK, Forum Actions at top, General settings, Miscellaneous options, Forum Skin ( it's there, scroll down ) enable vB4 default and enable WSIWYG.

Folks, you have me baffled as I can view this under many names and they all work fine... any 'puter, many OS.

Which Windows are you using ?

Chrome is my browser

I am on WIN 7 in a few places, WIN 8 in others. Even behind a Corporate Firewall in a couple cases. Internet Explorer also works fine for me.

???

The only way I can get that screenshot ( that folks posted ) without the "skin" option is by NOT logging in to the site. As soon as I log in, or my wife, these options and the "skin" option appear. Without logging in the general settings don't function. Once logged in, " Forum Actions " responds differently with different options. Otherwise, it reads " mark forums read ". Log in and you get more stuff.

Seriously, some one call me and we can sort this out. I can't make it not work, anywhere. 250-361-8234 PST

Thank God I have hair to pull out... :)

:(

I hate to be the one to say it but it's not in Forum Actions > General Settings > Misc. options either, at least not for me.

I have tried Explorer, Chrome and Cyberfox on Win7 and Firefox on Ubuntu, all with the same results. I'm pretty sure it was the same with Chrome on XP as well. It's not a problem for me, I was just backing up what Don was saying.

If you want I can PM my password to you and you can log in as me. Then at least you would be able to see what we see. Happy to help if I can...

Frank

DONZI-DON
09-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Was it a G5000? ..Ed

ROTOMEC _ Italian's brought them from Italy and gave us a whooping 2 weeks training and handed over the keys..................

DONZI-DON
09-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Lenny,

I'm running Microsoft Windows XP 2002 with the Office Package.

Lenny
09-03-2014, 09:14 AM
OK, with Franks help I see what you see. I can't explain it. I also created a new test account and indeed it is as you say. It is related to a dark chrome thing. Why some dont have access to this default I have no idea. If you right click on the blue bar at the bottom you can "inspect the element ". I looked at mine, ( footer profile ) and it is the same as Franks, yet mine functions differently.

This is gonna take a bit ...

Thanx :)

DONZI-DON
09-03-2014, 09:32 AM
OK, with Franks help I see what you see. I can't explain it. I also created a new test account and indeed it is as you say. It is related to a dark chrome thing. Why some dont have access to this default I have no idea. If you right click on the blue bar at the bottom you can "inspect the element ". I looked at mine, ( footer profile ) and it is the same as Franks, yet mine functions differently.

This is gonna take a bit ...

Thanx :)

WHEWWWW! It's not us! Good Luck Lenny....:bonk:

I was just gonna call you and realized it's like 7:30am there

Just logged on with my daughters computer, Windows 8 2012 edition. It shows on her computer. We both run Firefox Mozilla - have narrowed down to windows programming................

BUIZILLA
09-03-2014, 10:33 AM
does not show on W7 on 4 new machines of mine, and 1 older XP laptop

maybe it's an ADMIN specific kinda goofiness

Lenny
09-03-2014, 01:16 PM
It is a default dark chrome issue. I don't know when it started as I have always been on "default vB4" forum skin. If we can change the default for everyone back to vB4 it will remedy this. The "upload and edit " buttons still reside within albums but they are masked by the color of the banner. If you move the mouse over to the right within the banner strip they will light up and function. Obviously hard to utilize when you cant see them. :)

I see where the problem is but do not know how to modify it so that the VB4 default is everyone's default. Nor am I going to. I need a smarter person involved in this project :yes: I will chat with Marcus and see where we can go with this. The site has 4 options outside of the mobile skin, vB4 default style, dark2, new, dark chrome. Dark Chrome causes us grief and most folks do not habe the ability to modify the skin.

Thanks

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: option -->

<option value="15" class="" selected="selected">-- vB4 Default Style</option>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: option --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: option -->

<option value="24" class="" >-- Dark2</option>

<option value="21" class="" >-- New</option>

<option value="25" class="" >-- DarkChrome</option>

Lenny
09-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Everyone should be good now :)

Conquistador_del_mar
09-04-2014, 11:45 PM

Yep, I see the change now. Thank you Lenny!

DONZI-DON
09-04-2014, 11:46 PM

Thanks Lenny, you "THE MAN"!:superman:

Lenny
09-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Thanks Lenny, you "THE MAN"!:superman:

No, ... thank Marcus for the coding mod. I won't touch the scripting/data files :)