PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use poli glow before

lee
08-11-2014, 04:02 PM
The guy i bought my all red 22 from thought would be smart to clear coat deck instead of buffing it .Was told to roll on poli glow with a foam roller to apply to will this strip the clear off? Without hurting my gel

smokediver
08-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Unless it was painted it wouldn't have clear coat . The poli glow is a heavy thick version of mop and glo. It will look good for a 50 foot paint job. I would try rubbing compound first and if it's not enough , wet sand compound polish wax is really the only way to fix it.

TBroccoli
08-18-2014, 08:32 AM
I would tell you to stay away from Poli glo. It goes on easy and looks great. But over time dirt penetrates the poli glo. You have to use a special poli glo remover to get it off. The extra work needed to remove the stuff is harder then just buffing and waxing and polishing.

We used it on dad's 46 ft Bertram. We were so happy after the first Spring. The boat looked great and it was easy to apply. Then we cursed ourselves for the next two years. Removing that stuff is a real pain. Dirt penetrates it too easy.

We even left the boat uncovered for two winters to try to help get all the poli glo off. We still joke about it every spring. It is not the way to go. My opinion.

brwn234
09-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Stay Away! I'm currently in the process of "trying" to remove it from my hull. I got tired of dirty river water staining my hull and buffing and waxing upside down seemed like alot of work. My current weapon of choice is a rag and lacquer thinner. TBroc is right, at first itmlooks great and then it gets dirty I think mildew in some small spots from over the winter. Now that its been on for a couple years its dull and chalky. I'm almost done with one side and I'm positive I will never use it again. Hope that helps.