PDA

View Full Version : ecu blew

craigdskilling
08-08-2014, 08:58 AM
So was hoping to have my boat done but the ecu blew up when put into my boat it is a 555 and was on a 5.7 with the whipple charger program into it I am sick of my boat it has been 2 years:confused::confused:.I am thinking of selling when done.thanks craig

gcarter
08-08-2014, 09:10 AM
So was hoping to have my boat done but the ecu blew up when put into my boat it is a 555 and was on a 5.7 with the whipple charger program into it I am sick of my boat it has been 2 years:confused::confused:.I am thinking of selling when done.thanks craig

Two years is nothing, I'm going on 7 years next month.

joseph m. hahnl
08-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Don't get discourage it's just the nature of the beast.:yes: especially when modified equipment is used:biggrin.:

fegettes
08-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I feel your pain Craig. I can actually say I know exactly what you are going through. I spent four years, and all kinds of money, trying to get a high performance motor set up in my Sport, dealing with one issue after another. Eventually the engine cratered on me, enough was enough, and at that point, and totally frustrated, I had a new stock engine built and sold the boat.

Steve

osur866
08-09-2014, 04:25 PM
There's a stock 2008 350 mpi on OSO $6,000 drop in run and while you play with the Whipple set up, fwiw I lost a month with a leaking intercooler and about $1,200 spent. Hang in there

craigdskilling
08-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Well looks like I'm rewiring the now.It's the original wiring from 1984 he was going to trouble shoot and try to to find it so I think it will be cheaper to re do it so now the boat is all new.He said it was working on there test module bat when pluged into boat nothing.Oh and my holidays with no boat was great not:toiletpap.He says I will be out before the summer end :crossfing:.But it looks like I found a supercharger for my 1999 mustang convertible at his shop.