PDA

View Full Version : trim pump has water in it agin

Fishermanjm
07-12-2014, 05:12 PM
man do i need help with this,,, i have already replaced the trim pump once thought ifixed the water injestion problem but its back. There is no sign on oil anywhere but there is water gettin into the trim pump. I need ideas comments and corrections here please

gcarter
07-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Rebuild, or more likely, replace the trim cylinders. The pump isn't your problem.
Look at SEI.... http://www.sterndrive.cc/Mercruiser-Alpha-One-Gen-I-Trim-Cylinders.html
They have them for most all merc outdrives.

RickR
07-13-2014, 10:24 AM
My 1995 22C pump was located below the rear corner of the hatch :bonk: Water would leak into the small hole on the cap of the resevoir when the hatch trough overflowed.
Relocated the pump and no problem for the last 13 years:)

gcarter
07-13-2014, 11:26 AM
My 1995 22C pump was located below the rear corner of the hatch :bonk: Water would leak into the small hole on the cap of the resevoir when the hatch trough overflowed.

Now, that would be good news!

MOP
07-13-2014, 12:32 PM
A few folks have cured the water by moving the pump, but like George said ram end cap seals may be in order. Many times oil will not come out but water will get sucked in, if you trailer you can put a few drops of oil on the rams rod right at the cap then push and hold the down button if the caps are leaking the oil will be sucked in.

Capevettes
07-13-2014, 05:39 PM

Mt 2000 18 does the same thing. They do sell a new, improved cap that does not have the hole in it. I have not moved the pump but the new cap seems to work.