PDA

View Full Version : Opinion poll seat colors

ralphcrocker
07-12-2014, 07:41 AM
I have a 94 18 traditional red and white (red deck stripe and sides), I have 2 sets of seats both in good condition. One set is white with red piping and the other is red with black piping. Can only keep one set. Which do you prefer?

Ghost
07-12-2014, 08:49 AM
You're far enough north to get away with the red. I think I'd need to see a picture to judge, though. I love the white seats, but the red would certainly be different enough to avoid looking vanilla.

mattyboy
07-12-2014, 09:50 AM
I am old school and like when the interior picks up the color of the stripe

white deck colored stripe= interior same color as stripe

colored deck white or black stripe = interior same color as stripe

that is the classic layout

seems like the newer ones are white with the stripe color picked up in the piping most likely a way to cut inventory cost and only use white vinyl.

in older classics you will see and all colored boat like the bermuda blue or yellow then they used a color that would go well an all yellow boat would have a black interior or an all blue would have a white interior.

then if they couldn't make up their minds they went candy cane

Ghost
07-12-2014, 10:00 AM
And reduce butt-cooking. Even where I am, anything but white would be unbearable in the Summer.

Carl C
07-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Where's the poll? Use the white ones with red piping. The red ones will get red hot.

mattyboy
07-12-2014, 10:09 AM
I have dark blue they do get warm but never hot the whites seat in my 16 were a bitch to keep clean they showed everything

Carl C
07-12-2014, 10:19 AM
The light grey ones in my Hydrostream got sizzling hot and would literally burn you if you didn't splash water on them before sitting. Those red ones are even darker. Black piping wouldn't look right either. Go white.

woobs
07-12-2014, 10:41 AM
My 82 C18 2+3 was a white deck with black stripe. the Interior was white with black piping and looked great. I could not stand a dark seat in the summer sun. However, A matching snap in carpet would be in order.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-12-2014, 11:01 AM
I have a 94 18 traditional red and white (red deck stripe and sides), I have 2 sets of seats both in good condition. One set is white with red piping and the other is red with black piping. Can only keep one set. Which do you prefer?

Definitely the white with red piping trim. My two cents, Bill

osur866
07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Another for white and red piping, red would be too hot for me

Fishermanjm
07-12-2014, 05:08 PM
WHITE for sure

mattyboy
07-12-2014, 08:23 PM
this amuses me everyone talks big water going fast and the mystique of Donzi and the swagger of Don A and the boys but please not on dark seats they get hot .

who likes dark seats can I get a show of hands ??

Ghost
07-12-2014, 10:21 PM
this amuses me everyone talks big water going fast and the mystique of Donzi and the swagger of Don A and the boys but please not on dark seats they get hot .

LOL (though I don't talk either)

Greg Guimond
07-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Another for white and red piping, red would be too hot for me

I agree, white with red trim. Timeless and cool on the caboose :yes:

duckhunter
07-12-2014, 10:30 PM

No hands up here. I have no need to prove my manhood by roasting it on dark upholstery. Looks great sitting in the garage with a fresh coat of 303, but it really isn't practical below the M-D line. If you have to sit on a towel you're a fricken' chick anyway. JMHO.

mattyboy
07-13-2014, 09:17 AM
I went thru my collection and I could only find Don A in one pic driving a boat with white seats a 16 like Jay's in the A&F catalog but he was dressed in all white too. I found a bunch on yellow red and other dark colored seats. Sorry but his boat's style really stand out with contrasting seats

Yes if I lived where the sun is strong enough that constant uv protection is needed on everything I might feel different if I did then I might have to deal with that other taboo issue of Bimini tops and anchor shades.
LOL
Still trying to figure out how I didn't get burned all these years on boats with turquoise , black, green, yellow, and blue seats

In the end Ralph pick what you like best

danz
07-13-2014, 07:58 PM
i changed mine to red , really livens up the interior on my 16. dan

mattyboy
07-14-2014, 08:14 AM
looks good

ralphcrocker
07-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Just spent 4 hours cleaning white seats in magnum. I use my boats grand kids a lot so mild soiling is inevitable. White is very very difficult to get clean and I have used several different products. Any recommendations would be appreciated. As a note my white set is from an 84 classic and the vinyl is extremely smooth almost like leather. I have searched suppliers but not found a match. All ones I find now have some level of texturing. So soiling is a white negative but my 84 seats do not retain the soil due to lack of texturing. If anyone knows where to get this super smooth stuff let me know.

JimG
07-14-2014, 10:42 AM
I love my black seats! We just pitch a yellow towel over them in the summer. Not an issue...:rolleyes:

I vote red!

mattyboy
07-14-2014, 10:51 AM
looking for the like button :yes:

yembo77
07-14-2014, 12:28 PM
I've always loved the red seats!!! Red tuck and roll is just so classic hotrod! I can't imagine how hot it would get. The medium gray vinyl on my engine deck/cover gets SO hot!

-m