PDA

View Full Version : "Latest Reputation Received" What is this?

bertsboat
07-10-2014, 10:58 AM
I found this in my profile. How do you give one of these and how do you respond?

Carl C
07-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Click on the little star in the lower left corner of a post. I tried to send you some but it said I must spread more rep around first. The more rep you get it will add to your rep power and help you get more green boxes and it will change what it says when you put the curser on your green box under your name. Other things factor in too.

Morgan's Cloud
07-10-2014, 11:57 AM
I didn't realize that that system had been re-activated . I thought it was permanently disabled a long time ago .

Ed Donnelly
07-10-2014, 11:57 PM
I found this in my profile. How do you give one of these and how do you respond?

Just gave you one because you have nice boats...Ed

Ed Donnelly
07-10-2014, 11:59 PM
I didn't realize that that system had been re-activated . I thought it was permanently disabled a long time ago .

Just gave your goody too just to show you it works..Ed

Carl C
07-11-2014, 05:26 AM
It won't let me give you any, Ed. You must have been bad!! I sent MC some too. BTW, if you pis everyone off and get bombarded with negative feedback your green box can go red. I only remember that happening to Sofa King. I've never sent bad rep even though some deserved it in the past!

Morgan's Cloud
07-11-2014, 06:13 AM
Thank you folks.
I'll have to do my own part in spreading the happiness a bit more ..

bertsboat
07-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I see stars now %*$#*@

roadtrip se
07-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Just noticed somebody dinged me for my statements in the infamous upholstery thread. Whomever it was, thank you for the recognition. I will make a more concerted effort the next time to be worthy of it. Hilarious.

Carl C
07-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Just noticed somebody dinged me for my statements in the infamous upholstery thread. Whomever it was, thank you for the recognition. I will make a more concerted effort the next time to be worthy of it. Hilarious.

Todd, I'm assuming that it was negative. It was not from me. Your post was your opinion and I was OK with it. I did ding two people though! :)

hardcrab
07-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Todd, I'm assuming that it was negative. It was not from me. Your post was your opinion and I was OK with it. I did ding two people though! :)

I only see a positive function key (?)

Carl C
07-19-2014, 12:11 PM
It says "I approve" or "I disapprove". It probably should give the senders ID though. I just sent Todd + feedback to prove it wasn't me. You have to wait a period before sending feedback again to the same person so you can't go ding ding ding ding! Ding wars. Yay. They just dinged me right back! :)

hardcrab
07-19-2014, 12:15 PM
thanks - .......... on your "settings" it shows rep history and ID if a comment was left

Carl C
07-19-2014, 12:35 PM
OK, if I click "my profile" and then "settings" I can see the rep received and given but I don't see any ID even when a comment was left. Not that it really matters because I think it takes a whole lot of dings to affect anything. :party:

hardcrab
07-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Yeah, you're right, I had a comment that was signed / not automatic

bertsboat
07-19-2014, 09:42 PM
I got a negative once for a comment that the dinger didn't agree with but it seems it's gone now. Wonder how long a negative stays on your feedback.
it's a shame.............

Carl C
07-20-2014, 05:31 AM
I got a negative once for a comment that the dinger didn't agree with but it seems it's gone now. Wonder how long a negative stays on your feedback.
it's a shame.............

I think it just takes away one of your positive points. I just sent you a positive recently so that will cancel it out. I still can't send you anymore. It's really just a little game that doesn't do much unless you really piss off the whole board! I think Sofa King's little green square turned red cuz he did piss everyone off. :)