PDA

View Full Version : High speed prop for 22C

RickR
06-27-2014, 04:57 PM
22 Classic, 502, Bravo
Currently running a Turbo 1 25P in fair condition, 5600RPMs w/12% slip, 2 people, full tank. I also have a 24P Turbo 1 and a Mirage Plus 23P.
I have what I would call "Stock" X dimension (lower corners of cavitation plate are even with bottom of hull)

Looking for a top speed (wo/labbing) 3 blade, lake prop.
Would like to try a 27P to get the rpms down.

What is the best current prop available for a 22 Classic?

Local prop guy sells Turbo, Powertech and Solas.

THANKS!

I sure miss Grizz, RIP.

miike
06-27-2014, 09:58 PM
I have a 27P Mirage Plus removable hub Herring labbed for $450. Behaves more like a 25-26 pitch. $400 lab job on it.

RickR
06-28-2014, 10:58 AM
miike
Please email me
riggerb@aol.com
Rickr

roadtrip se
06-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Hey Rick. It's been about a thousand years. Hope you are well.

I did a lot of testing with three blades in the past.

I found the Mirage+ 27 to be a strange beast, and darn right spooky. It is short on diameter, coming in at 14 3/8, if I remember right, which is what I think set up the "different" handling characteristics I experienced.

I would recommend you take a look at the Turbo TXP. It has a more typical diameter of about 14 3/4. It comes in one inch pitch increments, to get your RPMs right, and I always thought it was a better handling alternative to any of the Mirage stuff I tried. I still have a 28, but that is probably more pitch than you want. Check in with Buizilla, he might have something you could test with.

RickR
06-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Todd
I has been forever:frown: "The Boss" and I have been working on a couple FUN projects. Got them completed, now it is time to get the 22 dialed in :)

Mabe we can make AOTH next year. Are you still the BBQ Chef?

I am leaning toward the TXP or the FXP. My prop guy (High Performance Bass boats) was surprised the numbers the 22Cs are getting out of the TXP. He is strongly suggesting the FXP for more overall lift. He said the blades on the TXP and the FXP line up the same but the FXP has more beef toward the hub. Both are same diameter.

He also has a Precision Propeller RKR I plan on trying. The RKR is a Raker copy. I ran a modified Raker on the BBC 18C, it ran GREAT.

BUIZZ
I set up the 830 Holly per your recommendations. 502 is PURRING like a pissed off lioness at idle and running like a Pro Stock at WOT! THANKS!