PDA

View Full Version : SOULD I BUY THE 16 FT CLASSIC ????

ralph
08-01-2001, 12:58 AM
HERES SOME MORE INFO ON THE 16 FT CLASSIC THAT IAM THINKING OF BUYING ..IT HAS THE 4.3 V6 , NEW RED TRAILER ,WHITE WITH RED STRIPE AND THE BOAT RUNS GREAT.. AGAIN THE PRICE IS AROUND $ 9,800 ..IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ,AND WILL I BE ABLE TO SELL THIS BOAT .AND ARE THESE GREAT BOATS?? I SAW THAT WEB PAGE ON THAT GUYS BLISTERED DONZI AND HE SURE WAS AGAINST DONZIS.. ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREAT.. THANKS RALPH mailto:C21XTOWN@AOL.COMC21XTOWN@AOL.COM</A> :)

Formula Jr
08-01-2001, 01:11 AM
Yes, yes and yes.

The guy I think you are talking about, has a paint failure problem because somebody didn't remove all the wax off the boat before it was repainted. Its not a "Donzi Factory" problem. The guy talks like an idiot. In my opinion; he is a profoundly ignorant idiot surrounded by peers.

Sagbay32
08-01-2001, 01:51 AM
It is too bad that one apple has to spoil the whole bunch......... This guy with the bad paint is like saying somebody got a bad car from ford. I mean really. Ask the people who own Donzis on this page and I am sure you will get one heck of a thumbs up! Start a pole thread and see what you get!
As far as the 16 goes, I can't say. It depends on what you are gonna use the boat for. I have an 18 and am used to more boat. I will be upgrading to a 22 or better because of the "Great Lakes". I usually run in big water and would like more hull. The boat itself is incredible. It has shown me that small boats can keep up and sometimes surpass larger big water boats and still have fun too!
Whatever you decide I will say you can't go wrong with Donzi.

Grabbing some air on White Lake tonight :)

Formula Jr
08-01-2001, 03:44 AM
I gotta splash on a Great Lake. A new goal. You guys get big smooth rollers there don't ya? Best time of Year?

CrackerJack
08-01-2001, 06:56 AM
Ralph,
I have a 96 16' with the same power and
really enjoy it. There is not alot of room
and it does have a different ride than a normal boat. I believe the larger classics
ride and handle easier, but I always wanted
a 16' and love the looks and the characteristics of the Donzi. In my humble
but accurate opinion, there is nothing like
a Donzi. There is alot of information on this
board in past topics, the price looks good. Good Luck, Jack.

Rootsy
08-01-2001, 07:39 AM
Any time during the summer is great on the great lakes... Michigan has to rank as one of the best states for boating of any kind!!!! Lake Erie can get good rollers which are close together because of the shallow depth of the lake. all the others are deep enough that the rollers are spread out... figure anywhere up to 5 feet with a good stiff offshore wind... toss in some "weather" and you can upwards of double that... 1 - 2 feet or so is normal on a light breezy day... but i love the evenings when the sun is going down and the lake is flat as glass... nothing like winding the sbc out with no land in sight...

What year is the 16 with the 4.3? i have a 97 w/ 350, very low hours, single axle eagle trailer and it came with a shorelander lift.. the boat is like brand new... and i paid considerably more than 10,000 bucks.... but who cares.. it's a Donzi!!!!!!!!!! and perfect for inland water!

mattyboy
08-01-2001, 07:40 AM
I have just bought my first and certainly not my last donzi it a 68 16 and I love it,
had some minor problems, but that is to be expected, all my friends with the regals and mariahs laughed @ me" it's so small " but my boat handles and rides better in rough water then theirs. I laugh now when I see them.
I have also gotten offers to buy her. I would not worry about resale on a donzi,
take good care of it and it will take good care of you
Matt