PDA

View Full Version : New to me 2001 22ZX...

Vegas Classic
05-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to post a pic my new boat! My family had a Classic 18' in 1973 when I was 6 and ever since then I've been a Donzi fan. I had a '98 Classic back in '05 and had planned on getting a '22 this time around but this boat popped up locally and I decided to go for it. It's in great shape, only 180 hours between two owners, I am the third. It's only been on local on Lake Mead and a couple hours south on Lake Havasu. After doing some research on stepped hulls, I was a little intimidated but after spending a couple of days on the water, I gotta say, I absolutely love this boat! It has a 350 mag so it's not the quickest out of the hole, but once it's on a plane, it's amazingly smooth! At any rate, I'll update with more pics/info as we get to know each other better!

Frankie :)

Conquistador_del_mar
05-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Hi Frankie. Your boat looks great! How low are the lakes out there right now? Bill

Vegas Classic
05-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks! I've only been on Mead recently, it's low but it's still a huge lake, You have to be careful when nearing the shoreline but overall there's plenty of water to have fun. Hoping an El Nino summer makes for a wet winter next year, we sure need it out West.

Conquistador_del_mar
05-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Thanks! I've only been on Mead recently, it's low but it's still a huge lake, You have to be careful when nearing the shoreline but overall there's plenty of water to have fun. Hoping an El Nino summer makes for a wet winter next year, we sure need it out West.

I'm glad to hear it is okay to boat there. I just heard last week that Lake Travis near Austin, TX is down around 70' now - :eek: Ironically, we are having a heavy rain here in north Texas as I write this post.

Capevettes
05-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Congratulations. Great looking boat. Enjoy it.