PDA

View Full Version : oil coolers

Fishermanjm
05-06-2014, 06:03 PM
i want to replace the power steering cooler with a dual cooler. Right now i do not have an oil cooler, so i need the entire shaaa bang.filter base,hoses, brackets etc... i have been looking but have not found complete kits. I have seen pics on the different sites, i would like to use the dual unit mounted on the bellhousing but like i stated i will need everything... soo i need help thanks in advance

gcarter
05-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm particularly fond of this Revolution Marine combination cooler:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revolution-Marine-Severe-Duty-Combo-Cooler-Assembly-/221274500173?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3384fcec4d

It's very favorably priced, about 1/2 the price of some competitors, and adequately sized for anything you can think of to cool. It comes with mounting brackets which some don't.

Here's a link to a microfiche on the BAM site. It shows the Merc parts to do what you want and the Merc prices:

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_Pictures3.asp?dnbr=824418%2093&ivar=images/COMMON/39686.png&inbr=1614&bnbr=290&bdesc=OIL+FILTER+AND+ADAPTOR%28502%29+%28S%2FN+F11 4528+%26+BELOW%29

But you don't have to do it that way. There are the very same block adapters frequently available on eBay, and there are many more attractive remote oil filter brackets than what Merc offers. They can easily be mounted on the transom.

I hope others can give better suggestions on block adapters and remote filter mounts.

HallJ
05-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Do you have the remote filter mount?

I just bought one of the Mocal adapter/thermostat housings.
My oil was getting too hot so I installed a cooler, then it didn't get warm enough. This should do the trick.

Jeff

Fishermanjm
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Do you have the remote filter mount?

I just bought one of the Mocal adapter/thermostat housings.
My oil was getting too hot so I installed a cooler, then it didn't get warm enough. This should do the trick.

Jeff

Yes, i have the remote filter mount